Nuit de Cellophane (2009)
by Serge Lutens

Nuit de Cellophane information

Year of Launch2009

HouseSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Nuit de Cellophane

Nuit de Cellophane is a feminine perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2009

Nuit de Cellophane fragrance notes

Reviews of Nuit de Cellophane

A soapy, fruity white floral. You don’t get much more. Sillage and longevity are not good enough. A disappointing Lutens.
28th December, 2017
The reviews for Nuit de Cellophane vary widely. Many are negative. There must be one or more shampoos out there that resembles it, as it is sometimes likened to shampoo. As well, it disappointed some by departing from the opulent oriental brand identity that Lutens fans expected, being a light fruity floral.

It took me a while to "adjust" to NdC as well, mainly because I found it had some odd notes to which I was not accustomed. I've been wearing NdC for a while now and still don't know what they are! :D I went through about 3/4 of a bottle with a question mark hovering over my head and then suddenly, it fell into place. I get the osmanthus and, as it develops, a mysterious undertone part tuberosy and part like the kind if incense that hovers in the air in Chinese shops. Lightly floral on the surface, it has a richness deep within. I love it. NdC lasts all day on me with about six short spritzes.
28th August, 2017
Lucky Scent provides many notes for Nuit de Cellophane: Green note, fruity note, jasmine, osmanthus, carnation, lily, muscs, almond, wood, honey

Basenotes provides a far sparser note tree: Mandarin, Apricot, Osmanthus, White flowers

What I get is simply Peach, a sweet, luscious peach, reminscent of the peach in Fracas. Note that none of the notes listed by either site conform to my nose experience. Odd, but it happens more frequently than it ought to.

I like Nuit very much, a lovely true fruit scent, perfect for spring or summer. I don't comprehend what the name means, unless it is trying to convey "transparent night."

In any case, this was a surprise for me in my sampling of the Lutens line. I put this one in line with my other fruity floral favorites they offer: A La Nuit, Fleurs de Citronnier, Fleurs d'Oranger. Lovely and uplifting.
31st May, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The fruity top notes with their orange-peach-apricot impression are not bad l, but the white flower drydown is ether generic and unexciting. And that's it in my skin. Not overbearingly sweet, but distinctly unexciting. Soft sillage, adequate projection and a longevity of four hours. Sounds middle-of-the-road? It is. 2/5
27th January, 2015
Genre: Floral

I’m beginning to wonder if Lutens and Sheldrake are running out of ideas. Their last few releases strike me as retreads of territory that they’ve long since explored: Sarrasins a subdued re-working of Tubéreuse Criminelle’s shocking camphor and white flower accord, this time done with jasmine rather than tuberose; Louve another Rahät Loukoum with the volume dialed down by a half; and El Attarine a more demure Arabie with a rose bow on top. Now comes Nuit de Cellophane, which is a fruity floral. And how original is that?

If the piercingly sweet, chemical fruit note that opens Nuit de Cellophane is meant to be novel or arresting, it’s an hilarious miscalculation, since every vulgar, juvenile fruity floral scent since roughly 1990 has opened with the same thoroughly nasty flourish. I suppose ironic humor has as much a place in the art of perfumery as in any other, but Nuit de Cellophane is a one-liner that goes nowhere special after its pratfall entrance. The remainder of its act is an apricot syrup and polite white flower accord that fades into a bland, powdery-sweet woody oriental drydown. As Lutens fragrances go this one is not all that potent, and I can’t even detect it on my skin two hours after a moderate application. Why, I wonder, did they bother?
21st June, 2014
True story!
Shortly after this came out, I went perfume sniffing for lunch break in downtown Vienna with a working colleague. We ended up with a sample of Nuit de Cellophane somehow. Back at the office, we both spritzed it on our wrists and nearly choked so offensive and loud it was. We had a good laugh and opened the windows, when she had the idea to keep the sample (I would have trashed it.) and use it as a 'weapon' when appropriate. I remember weeks later she had a meeting with a much hated superior and she later told me that she had spritzed all that was left (the majority) in the sample atomizer prior to the meeting and her 'poor victim' coughed and obviously felt uncomfortable the whole time. She was a real lady in appearance and gesture - she could do such a thing! :-)
03rd September, 2012

SERGE LUTENS NUIT DE CELLOPHANE 1.6 oz EDP SPRAY 80% FULL SCUFFED READ BRL3

• USD $44.99

Serge Lutens Nuit De Cellophane Perfume 1.69 Oz Spray Bottle

• USD $30.00 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 1 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: 4 days

NUIT DE CELLOPHANE EDP 1.7 BY SERGE LUTENS TESTER RARE NICHE VINTAGE

• USD $105.00
  • Time Left: 2 days

Member images of Nuit de Cellophane

There are no member images of Nuit de Cellophane yet. Why not be the first?