La Nuit de L'Homme (2009)
by Yves Saint Laurent

PerfumerPierre Wargnye
PerfumerDominique Ropion
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute

About La Nuit de L'Homme

La Nuit de L'Homme is a masculine fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Dominique Ropion, Pierre Wargnye and Anne Flipo

La Nuit de L'Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme

I have found that most of the masculine perfumes since Jazz are little boring. A sample of this leaves me unimpressed. When they come up with something that blows away the YSL Pour Homme and Kouros, M7 give me a call.
22nd March, 2016
This gets lots of love in the marketplace and I'm not going to trend outward from that perspective. Love it. Everyone loves it. It's the most noticed scent I own, partially because I wore way too much of it twice almost choking myself out. 4 blasts - upper bare chest, wrists, hair and 2 hours later my buddy's eyes are watering because of YSL LNDL. Thankfully we were only at a Daddy/Daughter dance so the damage was minimal... at best. I only hope my daughter isn't known as the girl whose dad likes to go BD in YSL LNDL, but something tells me YSL hasn't hit the 4-7 age market.

A definite blind buy recommendation since you need to own it, IMHO.
03rd March, 2016
Beautiful, soft, powdery fragrance with prominent notes of Cardamom & Bergamot. The composition is well blended and the perfumers made something special here. This is a masterpiece & will get many compliments, but I have recently learned that La Nuit was reformulated! While the smell is still great, projection & sillage are poor - not near the vintage La Nuit de L'Homme. No one will smell your fragrance after the first hour or so. Good for a date if your significant is going to get real close, but disappointing as it is much too light. The vintage juice is much darker & richer with excellent performance. When I learned that my bottle was not a vintage, I felt as though I got ripped off by YSL! I paid around $50 for the 2oz. I now go heavy on the trigger & apply to my shirt. Another beautiful fragrance ruined by reformulation :(

Note that most retailers, including department stores, are selling the reformulation of YSL La Nuit de L'Homme. If you are interested in the differences please watch a reviewer's video content: "La Nuit de L'Homme: Old vs Reformulated Differences."
29th February, 2016 (last edited: 22nd May, 2016)
Just sublime. My current favourite.

I fell in love with this scent the moment I sampled it. This is like heaven in a bottle.

I find that I have a preference for frags containing cardomom so maybe it has something to do with that. I really struggle to break this one down with notes, it transcends that for me. Just a sweet scent that is rather unique in my book. A versatile offering great for both work and social occassions. The bottle is simple and classy. YSL are certainly one of the better designers out there in terms of perfume which I say having sampled a wide range of their offerings and compared to others.

I get average sillage and longevity, or maybe I just wish it would last forever. I consider this a classic and a must have for any collection.
21st February, 2016
This is a very attractive scent. The notes are beautifully blended and there is nothing anyone could dislike here. Somehow it is still interesting. I have the current formulation which is much derided. It's very disappointing when you buy a fragrance because you love the scent and then read online that your new version "sucks". I find it very hard to judge performance and longevity and projection as I feel I may not be smelling it but it may still be there. Personally, I have always found I stop smelling fragrances on myself after a few minutes unless I bury my nose in my wrist. But I have sometimes received compliments on fragrances long after I was conscious of them. Based purely on scent this is an 8.5/10 for me.
09th January, 2016 (last edited: 14th January, 2016)
Love, Love, Love this scent. I have come to the conclusion that I am a huge fan of spice and Cardamom. This checks all the boxes.
Sophisticated..... Check
Manly............. Check
Longevity......... Check
Great Sillage..... Check
Spicy............. Check
Oriental.......... Check

I did not think in this modern era of girly men's colognes I would find a cologne that did not stink of powder, flowers, fruit or Citrus.

No matter the age this cologne is great!
01st December, 2015

Add your review of La Nuit de L'Homme

Shop for La Nuit de L'Homme products online

Shop for La Nuit de L'Homme at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for La Nuit de L'Homme

Member images of La Nuit de L'Homme

There are no member images of La Nuit de L'Homme yet. Why not be the first?