Lyric Man (2008)

HouseAmouage

About Lyric Man

Lyric Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Lyric Man

Lyric Man is absolutely beautiful and elegant, intoxicating and hypnotic. I am a rose lover and Lyric Man is just sophisticated and done very well. I really do not smell any citrus here. I smell roses, roses, incense and spice. I have the one with the magnetic cap. Lasts up to 10 hours on my skin and on my clothes, it lasts forever.

14th May, 2015
Unfortunately, with the arrival of the magnetic caps, Amouage has reformulated (and killed) this heavenly fragrance. Before, this was a hypnotic scent and deserved 10/10. The current version (magnetic cap) is not worth what it costs.
04th April, 2015
Citrus, wood, and rose in Lyric Man make for a versatile, interesting combination---grounded but overwhelmingly heavy, and fresh but not too light to be considered an exclusively summer scent. One of its best qualities is this 12-month versatility, at least based on my initial impression. Beyond the citrus opening, Lyric Man is kept light primarily by pine and a combination of floral notes. I don't detect the incense, the heaviness instead coming from the rose / wood combo, though perhaps the wood is created by the incense. My main criticism of the scent itself is that it becomes powdery in the dry down, which I realize may be a plus for others, but is almost universally a negative for me.

I find Lyric Man mainly disappointing in its projection, though, as the Amouage EDP concentration and price ($260 for 50ml) foster an expectation of something much stronger. It projects about as much as most EDTs. Its longevity, though, is a little more promising, at 6+ hours, though it's mainly a skin scent toward the end. Still, the fragrance itself is mostly pleasant, just not one I'd remotely consider buying at its price.

6 out of 10
02nd April, 2015
Beautiful soft dusty rose. Seems like it could be worn in the summer . Very comforting fragrance. Nice men's rose scent. Could see myself purchasing a bottle of this. 8/10
01st April, 2015
Nice and soft, just the way I like it. This could be your lightest cool-weather fragrance. The rose is perfectly fine, there's only a hint of oud, you've seen the notes in the other reviews. There is a show-stopper in this for me, though, and that's the galbanum. I suppose that was included to dirty it up, since there is a wide body of thought among noses that a fragrance has to be a little dirty to make it masculine. Fine, I say. But not with galbanum. Blech. But I don't want to let my personal taste get in the way, so, thumbs up for this one, and others who seek a light aura of pleasant, good-natured scent surrounding them will like this one.
01st August, 2014
Genre: Woods

Lyric Man has gotten some very enthusiastic press since its release, but I’m not dancing in the streets about it. Don’t get me wrong – the stuff smells fantastic. It’s a well constructed woody rose scent, with a big, sweet plummy note, oriental spices, and heady florals at its heart, all balanced by dry frankincense and just the lightest dab of piercing oudh. It’s also smooth and well blended, with a seductively deep, soft, mahogany surface that's a close match to its bottle.

Trouble is, high quality rose fragrances for men are now easy to come by in the niche market, and Lyric Man needs to shoulder its way into line with several oudh-and-rose scents from Montale, plus L’Ombre dans l’Eau, Voleur de Roses, Paestum Rose, and Czech & Speake’s magisterial No. 88. In fact, if you switched out Lyric Man’s plum for peach and pulled out the already subtle oudh, you’d have something very much like Nahéma parfum!

As perhaps the most costly of this lot, the new Amouage would need to blow all of the rest out of the water before I’d consider a bottle, and it just doesn’t. I frankly think that No. 88, Nahéma, and Paestum Rose are just as well made as Lyric, and that Voleur des Roses and Montale’s Black Aoud, Royal Aoud, and Aoud Damascus are all more striking in character. So while I have to rate Lyric Man positively, I recommend sampling several other masculine roses before shelling out for it.
19th June, 2014

Add your review of Lyric Man

Shop for Lyric Man products online

Shop for Lyric Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lyric Man

Member images of Lyric Man

There are no member images of Lyric Man yet. Why not be the first?