Lyric Man (2008)

About Lyric Man

Lyric Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Lyric Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Lyric Man

This is a rose dominant fragrance that leans very feminine to start and does dry into a nice soapy skin scent. Overall, it's a neutral due to the start being feminine. Longevity is nice with nice projection. Not my most favorite from the house. Worth a sample to try but do not blind buy.
29th June, 2017
Oh dear - when I first sprayed this my thoughts were "is this a man's fragrance??". The rose is overwhelming and a strong geranium \ daffodil \ yellow flowers over powers all. It was almost a scrubber for me as it's beyond the typical "feminine" fragrance, this is truely a girly smell that no man could ever pull off. It's the very definition of feminine.

I have tried more than a few amouage fragrances and never been disappointed so I battled through to see what the dry down was like...and I'm more than suprised by how much I like it. 1 hour in and thankfully the floral notes have faded completely, the rose is still there but well hidden in the background. The dry citrus notes are out in full force and they are well balanced by the earthy incense and frankincense. The amouage note you know and love comes out and it contrasts extremely well with the citrus and hidden floral notes.

This is a perfect unisex fragrance - it is very similar to Silver Mountain Water but replace the Creed signature ambergris with the amouage signature frankincense, add a hint of rose, and they are practically the same fragrance. The only complaint I would make is it has a very strong "shower gel" feel to the fragrance, a sort of overpowering "24 hour fresh" note that shouts a little too loudly over the chorus.

Very well done - I bought a 30ml bottle and I would have to wear it a few more times to see if I would splash out on a full size bottle. If you have SMW then you don't need this. A definite word of advice though, don't go off first impressions, let this sit on your skin before you make a judgment. The longer it sits on your skin, the more masculine it seems to get.

Typical monster silage and lasting power just like the rest of the amouage range. The balance and overall classiness that the rest of the range has just isn't there in this offering and if you had the choice, I would suggest going for Reflection or Jubilation over this one.
13th May, 2017
This scent will always illicit an opinion, and that's great. I will not analyze the complexity of the rose. Nor, will I discuss the perfumery. Most of you have the expertise that I don't.

However, as for wearability, I will wade in. This is a wonderful perfume for women and handsome young men.
As an older gentleman, with looks more suited to boxing than modeling, Lyric Man is a bit too pretty and may come across as "posturing." I appreciate the artistry, but this is a niche perfume that definitely suits a certain niche.
26th March, 2017
imagine a rose garden with one or two citrus trees in it where it hasn't rained for quite a while so there is dust on the flowers. suddenly it starts to rain and in the middle of it you go into the garden and pluck a rose flower and your nose on it. this scene comes into my mind while wearing this.
24th January, 2017
So I'm definitely sure the word "man" and "pretty" would probably never be used in the same sentence, at least to describe a man.

I just received Lyric Man and after the first spray the only phrase that comes to mind is, "Man, I smell pretty!"

This does not in any way suggest that this fragrance is strictly a feminine fragrance because I believe it is masculine especially in the dry down-(IMO, fragrance does have a gender; there are certain fragrances that when smelled would work more, even better for a male and certain ones for female). By the way, this reminds me of Wave Musk from Mancera some.....

....back to the review; Lyric Man opens with an abundance of florals or Roses with the Orange Blossom hanging around underneath. As this fragrance dries, you get a bit of Vanilla and Musk along with Bergamot and Lime. This is a nice fragrance that has an amazing aura about it!! Also, there is a citrusy vibe that I get as the notes blend together.

There are other notes, however these are the ones I get when smelled up front. This fragrance is very different than your normal Amouage, spice induced, frankincense laden, master pieces. Here is a different Amouage that is more main stream, more modern, and fresh! I like this one a whole lot!

Projection: 8/10
Sillage:8/10
Longevity: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

I think Lyric Man can be worn anytime, on any occasion, for anywhere. As I think of this being (masculine) Lyric Man and there being a (feminine) Lyric Wo-man, I find it hard to imagine what that would smell like considering this is as floral as it is. What would set the two a part? Would it be some extra Rose notes, Orange Blossom notes, what (haven't smelt Lyric Woman)?

I am glad to have this in the collection and look forward to this being in the rotation.

Cheers
01st December, 2016
bokaba Show all reviews
Spiced Incense Woody Rose

Lyric Man is a decent albeit expensive masculine rose if you were to only have one. The opening is a spice rose with incense gums and herbs showing up soon. The heart is a rosy/incense interplay with a a woody base. Lyric does not have a whole lot of development. The materials are top notch as are most Amouage fragrances.

I feel Lyric was trying to play into the masculine rose trend at the time of its release rather than staying true to its Arabian roots (XXV as an example).

All in all not a bad fragrance and certainly sample worthy. I would suggest other masculine roses as Hammam Bouquet (vintage of course), CS no. 88, Washington Tremlett Black Tie, etc.
25th October, 2016

Add your review of Lyric Man

Shop for Lyric Man products online

Search Amazon for Lyric Man

Member images of Lyric Man

There are no member images of Lyric Man yet. Why not be the first?