Lyric Man (2008)

About Lyric Man

Lyric Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Lyric Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Lyric Man

Like many of the Males here, I find the opening of LM has me thinking...this,is a beautiful perfume... for a Feminine woman or perhaps an effeminate man or even man who was wanting to express his Feminine side.

It then dries down to a slightly Generic, Genderless Soapy Rosey Wood.

Saved, in the end, by an absolutely gorgeous sliver of Frankincense in finish.

Would I purchase this for myself?

Probably not.

For my friend, who is Gay, Effeminate,Sexy, Strikingly Handsome (Both Physically and Spiritually)?

You bet.

Tenacious.
15th September, 2017 (last edited: 18th September, 2017)
From first time i set my eyes on this fragrance , i tried direct on skin walked around the shop didn't think much of it walked out got to the footpath sniffed sample on skin immediately done u turn and went to buy a bottle , i found the scent so captivating and alluring had to own. And yes some people identify as feminine the rose is to much generally i find after dry down " Lyric " gets its stride, i can honestly say if your donning a Hugo Boss suit (black) Tie Shoes hole 9 yards and finish outfit with Lyric, who is going judge you dressed like this and or quote " feminine "

Projection 9.5/10
Overall 9.5/10
30th August, 2017
This is a rose dominant fragrance that leans very feminine to start and does dry into a nice soapy skin scent. Overall, it's a neutral due to the start being feminine. Longevity is nice with nice projection. Not my most favorite from the house. Worth a sample to try but do not blind buy.
29th June, 2017
Oh dear - when I first sprayed this my thoughts were "is this a man's fragrance??". The rose is overwhelming and a strong geranium \ daffodil \ yellow flowers over powers all. It was almost a scrubber for me as it's beyond the typical "feminine" fragrance, this is truely a girly smell that no man could ever pull off. It's the very definition of feminine.

I have tried more than a few amouage fragrances and never been disappointed so I battled through to see what the dry down was like...and I'm more than suprised by how much I like it. 1 hour in and thankfully the floral notes have faded completely, the rose is still there but well hidden in the background. The dry citrus notes are out in full force and they are well balanced by the earthy incense and frankincense. The amouage note you know and love comes out and it contrasts extremely well with the citrus and hidden floral notes.

This is a perfect unisex fragrance - it is very similar to Silver Mountain Water but replace the Creed signature ambergris with the amouage signature frankincense, add a hint of rose, and they are practically the same fragrance. The only complaint I would make is it has a very strong "shower gel" feel to the fragrance, a sort of overpowering "24 hour fresh" note that shouts a little too loudly over the chorus.

Very well done - I bought a 30ml bottle and I would have to wear it a few more times to see if I would splash out on a full size bottle. If you have SMW then you don't need this. A definite word of advice though, don't go off first impressions, let this sit on your skin before you make a judgment. The longer it sits on your skin, the more masculine it seems to get.

Typical monster silage and lasting power just like the rest of the amouage range. The balance and overall classiness that the rest of the range has just isn't there in this offering and if you had the choice, I would suggest going for Reflection or Jubilation over this one.
13th May, 2017
This scent will always illicit an opinion, and that's great. I will not analyze the complexity of the rose. Nor, will I discuss the perfumery. Most of you have the expertise that I don't.

However, as for wearability, I will wade in. This is a wonderful perfume for women and handsome young men.
As an older gentleman, with looks more suited to boxing than modeling, Lyric Man is a bit too pretty and may come across as "posturing." I appreciate the artistry, but this is a niche perfume that definitely suits a certain niche.
26th March, 2017
imagine a rose garden with one or two citrus trees in it where it hasn't rained for quite a while so there is dust on the flowers. suddenly it starts to rain and in the middle of it you go into the garden and pluck a rose flower and your nose on it. this scene comes into my mind while wearing this.
24th January, 2017

Add your review of Lyric Man

Shop for Lyric Man products online

Search Amazon for Lyric Man

Member images of Lyric Man

There are no member images of Lyric Man yet. Why not be the first?