Lyric Man (2008)

About Lyric Man

Lyric Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Lyric Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Lyric Man

Interesting mix between rose, musk, incense and fresh notes. It smells misterious but also seductive.

I think when you first sniff this scent, it depends on your mood you have in that moment. Lyric for man is one of rare perfumes that attaches 100% to your state of mind.

Another good one from Amouage.
09th July, 2018
you can tell as soon as this hits your nose that it is a rose scent...I'm a sucker for topnotes , and I love that shimmer of lime/bergamot at the top....one of my favorite parts of this fragrance....just wish it was a tad stronger and lasted just a little longer...the rose poses a paradox for me , it smells both rich and watery at the same time to my nose...the almost required touch of Amouage incense is there , but I find it to be very restrained...i like orange blossom and I can smell it as the fragrance moves into the mid, but for some strange reason in this combo it gives me a little bit of a plasticy feel/smell...maybe it's the way the herbs affect the overall accord...I'm one of those that does not believe a fragrance should be gender classed , but to put it another way , this fragrance does seem to lean more toward the yin side...a gentle rose scent that I can't see anyone finding offensive...polite and relaxing...if I were to season it , I would say perfect for enjoying a cool summer evening while sitting outside...If I close my eyes and take a nice sniff it brings me images of not red , but pink and maybe some yellow and white roses...I guess I can see why there is both love and hate for this fragrance...There are full bottles of some of my favorite Amouages in my wardrobe, but so far, I've only indulged in a small split of this...The watery , yet robust rose in this reminds me somewhat of the rose smell in Acteur...to me , as it dries down and then bottoms out , it's pretty much roses on top of freshly sanded sandalwood with a trace of fresh non-smoky incense...
26th June, 2018
An underwhelming stuffy rose fragrance, with woods, sweet musk and a touch of incense. A touch of lime at start is refreshing, and leads to the rose accord that's slightly soapy and a bit spicy. Thy dry down is smooth with the incense, rose and woods - but for some reason I find it claustrophobic.

This is not among my favourite rose fragrances by a long shot. I'm always uncomfortable in this, as it feels like wearing a shawl on a summer day.

Sillage and duration are good.

2.5/5
27th December, 2017
Stardate 20171212:

Vintage version:
Starts a bit sour. Lime is listed in topnotes so maybe that is it. Smells more like Yogurt sour. This is not my favourite part.
In an hour the rose and nutmeg rise through the sourness and make this very pleasant. Musk and Vanilla round out the pine /lavendar.
I like this one except for that sour note up top.
Has the signature incense base.
12th December, 2017
While being at a Dutch perfume store to smell some Lubins, a tall slick lady told me that the perfumes could be smelled in the jars that laid next to the bottle as if in fear that my clumsiness would demolish any bottle I happened to touch. The cool thing with this method is that you can smell the far drydown of perfumes that reach there after a "century" and even if owned aren’t usually allowed to dry to this extent. Moreover, you can spray some on paper and witness the top and middle ground. Thence I grabbed the small marble jar next to Lyric and put it to my nose. The smell was of a tremendously austere woody rose infused with transparent, slightly dry, cold smoke from high grade frankincense. It did really take me away.
While letting my Lubins to dry down I was badgered that as far as I remembered the scent was neither this calm nor so enigmatically authoritative. So, I went and sprayed some on paper to satisfy my curiosity. Before I put the strip to my nose the fragrance infused the whole space around me. Scarcely have I come upon a perfume with such a titanic radiance. The top notes are surprisingly sparkling with vivid lime and bitter angelica, a short of gin tonic prelude to open the appetite for the main course. The rose soon ascends and it is also, energetic, lively, and veers towards the musky and soapy-fresh with an out-of-the-shower feel. It is strong and dominates but the perfume isn't a solifore since the rose is nuanced and supported by the tranquil presence of woody notes. I took the strip home and let it there, getting whiffs once in a while.
Next morning, I re-approached the strip and noticed slight differences which I believe would be expedited on skin. The rose was still there but the woods were more evident and the incense smoke was cloaking the scent. So powerful is the suffusion of the woody notes that the fragrance while drying down starts resembling more of a woods perfume rather than a floral one.
After some hours the celestial accord I had experienced in the jar appeared. A dispassionately serene accord of woody rose with incense wafting around like the rings of Cronos. Such an introspective smell this was full of mystery and melancholy. A perfect trap, a genial and harmless forefront which quietly but steadily carries you away somewhere where silence reigns. Like remembering memories that seem vivid but are very distant. This must be the perfume of the void.
Simply breathtaking.
03rd October, 2017
Amazing fragrance.

Opens up a little too feminine but after 10 or 15 minutes it transforms into a much more unisex scent.

I get dark roses mixed with a fresh blast. It of course has Amouage's incense dna running through it. Only thing stopping me purchasing a full bottle is the fact that it is not overly versatile but will most probably keep a decant handy for the right occasion.
28th September, 2017

Lyric Eau de Parfum Spray for Men by Amouage

• USD $186.00
  • Time Left: 10 days

Member images of Lyric Man

There are no member images of Lyric Man yet. Why not be the first?