Lyric Man (2008)

50ml EdP
    50ml EdP
    $297.19*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 190.00)
    $273.73*
    100ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 175.00)

Reviews of Lyric Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 47 reviews.

Wheatstraw2's avatar

Nice and soft, just the way I like it. This could be your lightest cool-weather fragrance. The rose is perfectly fine, there's only a hint of oud, you've seen the notes in the other reviews. There is a show-stopper in this for me, though, and that's the galbanum. I suppose that was included to dirty it up, since there is a wide body of thought among noses that a fragrance has to be a little dirty to make it masculine. Fine, I say. But not with galbanum. Blech. But I don't want to let my personal taste get in the way, so, thumbs up for this one, and others who seek a light aura of pleasant, good-natured scent surrounding them will like this one.

01st August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

Lyric Man has gotten some very enthusiastic press since its release, but I’m not dancing in the streets about it. Don’t get me wrong – the stuff smells fantastic. It’s a well constructed woody rose scent, with a big, sweet plummy note, oriental spices, and heady florals at its heart, all balanced by dry frankincense and just the lightest dab of piercing oudh. It’s also smooth and well blended, with a seductively deep, soft, mahogany surface that's a close match to its bottle.

Trouble is, high quality rose fragrances for men are now easy to come by in the niche market, and Lyric Man needs to shoulder its way into line with several oudh-and-rose scents from Montale, plus L’Ombre dans l’Eau, Voleur de Roses, Paestum Rose, and Czech & Speake’s magisterial No. 88. In fact, if you switched out Lyric Man’s plum for peach and pulled out the already subtle oudh, you’d have something very much like Nahéma parfum!

As perhaps the most costly of this lot, the new Amouage would need to blow all of the rest out of the water before I’d consider a bottle, and it just doesn’t. I frankly think that No. 88, Nahéma, and Paestum Rose are just as well made as Lyric, and that Voleur des Roses and Montale’s Black Aoud, Royal Aoud, and Aoud Damascus are all more striking in character. So while I have to rate Lyric Man positively, I recommend sampling several other masculine roses before shelling out for it.

19th June, 2014

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

A fresh floral scent which isn't masculine in my opinion but it's quite pleasant.
    The opening is fresh and very clean rose scent mixed with hint of spicy notes in the background and slight sweet notes.
    The rose note here is not dark and strong like Montale Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31 or something like these guys.
    It's very smooth and light.
    After around half an hour or so, the scent become sweet and I can smell other floral notes beside rose. the opening was unisex I would say, but dry down is completely feminine.
    The floral notes in dry down smell like white and pink flowers and give you completely a feminine scent which is quite annoying and personally I can't stand it!
    Also the smell isn't unique and different enough to pay almost $300 for a bottle! nope, not for me!
    Projection and longevity is above average.

22nd May, 2014

Akahina's avatar

Compared to many other scents from the house of Amouage, I am disapointed. The rose is pleasent but not that strong or up front for me. Even the incense is fairly muted Somewhat powdery and honestly reminds me of soap. Not a complete miss but certainly not a favorite. Unisex for sure but perhaps more appropriate for a mature woman.

27th March, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar

One of the best rose-based unisex scents I have ever tried. What I like here the most is the fact that rose is perfectly blended in a joyful, savoury, dynamic, kaleidoscopic symphony of citrus notes, spices, subtle sweet notes, and resinous woods, which perfectly interact with "Her Majesty"... like placing her in a hall of mirrors, each one with its shape and colour, reflecting and emphasizing her multiple faces. A superb fragrance perfectly suitable for men and women, woody and foggy enough for him, sweet, cozy and bright enough for her.

13th February, 2014 (Last Edited: 05th April, 2014)

lairdangus's avatar

Rose dusted musk

I'll be honest: I hold Amouage to a higher standard than other houses. They have produced so many world-class scents, I've come to expect near perfection from them.

I had high hopes for Lyric Man. Would it be the elusive masculine rose I've been seeking for a summer fragrance?

Sadly, no. Lyric Man is a bit of a miss, at least for me. It is certainly not unpleasant. It boasts the impressive longevity and sillage of a typical Amouage. It is unusual and pleasant enough, I suppose. But it lacks the power and bite I was anticipating.

The rose note is muted here, at least in comparison with the screechiness of Black Aoud and other synthetic florals. Within a few minutes of application, the rose took a back seat to a fluffy saffron musk scent that defined the fragrance for the next 6+ hours. I got some saffron as well, and I must say that the occasional waft of the saffron-infused musk was delightful. But I found it strangely limp. Where was the incense? The sandalwood? The vanilla? The bergamot and lime citrus? I got none of that. Just a linear, Rose-Saffron-Musk that smelled vaguely feminine.

To me, this does not compare to Jubilation XXV or the sublime Opus VI. Those fragrances have a depth, a complexity, and a pungency that are completely absent in Lyric.

Scent: 3/5

Sillage: 4/5

Longevity: 5/5

Pros: Amouage longevity
    Cons: lack of complexity, development"

11th July, 2013

Add your review of Lyric Man

Search for on eBay United States

AMOUAGE LYRIC EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY FOR MAN 50 ML / 1.7 OZ. NIB
    • Time Left: 20 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Amouage Samples x 5 (Lyric Man,Memoir Man, Gold Man, Honour Man, Reflection Man)
    • Listing Type: Auction with Buy it Now