Lyric Man (2008)

About Lyric Man

Lyric Man is a masculine fragrance by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Lyric Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Lyric Man

imagine a rose garden with one or two citrus trees in it where it hasn't rained for quite a while so there is dust on the flowers. suddenly it starts to rain and in the middle of it you go into the garden and pluck a rose flower and your nose on it. this scene comes into my mind while wearing this.
24th January, 2017
So I'm definitely sure the word "man" and "pretty" would probably never be used in the same sentence, at least to describe a man.

I just received Lyric Man and after the first spray the only phrase that comes to mind is, "Man, I smell pretty!"

This does not in any way suggest that this fragrance is strictly a feminine fragrance because I believe it is masculine especially in the dry down-(IMO, fragrance does have a gender; there are certain fragrances that when smelled would work more, even better for a male and certain ones for female). By the way, this reminds me of Wave Musk from Mancera some.....

....back to the review; Lyric Man opens with an abundance of florals or Roses with the Orange Blossom hanging around underneath. As this fragrance dries, you get a bit of Vanilla and Musk along with Bergamot and Lime. This is a nice fragrance that has an amazing aura about it!! Also, there is a citrusy vibe that I get as the notes blend together.

There are other notes, however these are the ones I get when smelled up front. This fragrance is very different than your normal Amouage, spice induced, frankincense laden, master pieces. Here is a different Amouage that is more main stream, more modern, and fresh! I like this one a whole lot!

Projection: 8/10
Sillage:8/10
Longevity: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

I think Lyric Man can be worn anytime, on any occasion, for anywhere. As I think of this being (masculine) Lyric Man and there being a (feminine) Lyric Wo-man, I find it hard to imagine what that would smell like considering this is as floral as it is. What would set the two a part? Would it be some extra Rose notes, Orange Blossom notes, what (haven't smelt Lyric Woman)?

I am glad to have this in the collection and look forward to this being in the rotation.

Cheers
01st December, 2016
bokaba Show all reviews
Spiced Incense Woody Rose

Lyric Man is a decent albeit expensive masculine rose if you were to only have one. The opening is a spice rose with incense gums and herbs showing up soon. The heart is a rosy/incense interplay with a a woody base. Lyric does not have a whole lot of development. The materials are top notch as are most Amouage fragrances.

I feel Lyric was trying to play into the masculine rose trend at the time of its release rather than staying true to its Arabian roots (XXV as an example).

All in all not a bad fragrance and certainly sample worthy. I would suggest other masculine roses as Hammam Bouquet (vintage of course), CS no. 88, Washington Tremlett Black Tie, etc.
25th October, 2016
Lyric Man is absolutely beautiful and elegant, intoxicating and hypnotic. I am a rose lover and Lyric Man is just sophisticated and done very well. I really do not smell any citrus here. I smell roses, roses, incense and spice. I have the one with the magnetic cap. Lasts up to 10 hours on my skin and on my clothes, it lasts forever.

14th May, 2015
Unfortunately, with the arrival of the magnetic caps, Amouage has reformulated (and killed) this heavenly fragrance. Before, this was a hypnotic scent and deserved 10/10. The current version (magnetic cap) is not worth what it costs.
04th April, 2015
Citrus, wood, and rose in Lyric Man make for a versatile, interesting combination---grounded but overwhelmingly heavy, and fresh but not too light to be considered an exclusively summer scent. One of its best qualities is this 12-month versatility, at least based on my initial impression. Beyond the citrus opening, Lyric Man is kept light primarily by pine and a combination of floral notes. I don't detect the incense, the heaviness instead coming from the rose / wood combo, though perhaps the wood is created by the incense. My main criticism of the scent itself is that it becomes powdery in the dry down, which I realize may be a plus for others, but is almost universally a negative for me.

I find Lyric Man mainly disappointing in its projection, though, as the Amouage EDP concentration and price ($260 for 50ml) foster an expectation of something much stronger. It projects about as much as most EDTs. Its longevity, though, is a little more promising, at 6+ hours, though it's mainly a skin scent toward the end. Still, the fragrance itself is mostly pleasant, just not one I'd remotely consider buying at its price.

7 out of 10
02nd April, 2015 (last edited: 09th January, 2016)

Add your review of Lyric Man

Shop for Lyric Man products online

Search Amazon for Lyric Man

Member images of Lyric Man

There are no member images of Lyric Man yet. Why not be the first?