Lyric Woman (2008)

HouseAmouage

About Lyric Woman

Lyric Woman is a feminine perfume by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Lyric Woman

If I was not such a lazy individual as well as forgetful, I may have written off this scent as too old fashioned for me. The opening is a distinct reminder of 1980's home decor using potpourri as a bombastic icon of glamour and hopeless home scent experimentation. I know this because I was raise in the South by a proper Southern woman. I'm pretty sure one of our cats regularly attempted to eat some of that gloriously weird composition and yacked it up all over the carpet. But I digress.

So, the opening was not attractive at all. Cinnamon and overdone red roses with a candied feel...too syrupy and too much. This was going nowhere fast, and I was so disappointed! I had gone from making a space on my beloved antique silver serving platter for the bottle, to swiftly placing it back into the box from which it came, and stowing it safely within the confines of my dark, cool closeted shelves. You know the ones...those boxes can get sorta piled high, can't they?

I gingerly kept my left hand away from my nose throughout the rest of the day and evening. It was not until around 10:30 pm that I chose to give my nose another chance at this scent I had wanted for so long...and to my surprise, I had a most gorgeous scent on my left hand! It is all at once a sandalwood, with deep and resinous tones, lifted with Vetiver and vanilla, as well as arcs of dark rose flowing in and out. There is more here, but I cannot explain what I am smelling - perhaps incense in the base? faint, but something reminds me of some of our Holy Eucharist services.

I'm going to give this a proper wearing later this week, as I want to understand this scent fully before deciding whether I can get past the opening. If it lasts more than an hour, that will be tough. Hopefully, it will be less! The dry down really is quite nice!
02nd February, 2016
Salutation.

From boottle to sensationes that gives...a drop of this scent makes you feel amazing,in this terrestrial world we have to live...it's like an escape...oh,i love it...just try it!lovely is one word to describe the presentation of this perfume.AMOUAGE LYRIC WOMAN is very appealing to women as well but it drives men so insane trying to figure it out.a great feminine perfume worthy of anyone's desire.This is truly a signature scent.confident yet romantic ladies wear this scent to make a statement,and it matches them perfectly. Divine,Goregous,Warm,Spicy,Classy, Mysterious,Sensual,Sublime,Memorable,Potent and Expensive.

Like a high priestess of some ancient cult,this feminine potion of mystery is immersed in the smoky trail of incense via liturgical notes.But the lapping of floral(rose) notes and the dry opening provide the necessary balance,shifting it far off the ecclesiastical and into the boudoir. The final notes of powdery warmth radiate from the skin for hours on end.the scent reminds me of mature love.it is perfect for a classy night.maybe one of those dinner and a movie dates.if you want to seduce a special someone's sense of smell,this is the perfume that will leave a lingering and lasting impression of you on whomever is fortunate enough to experience it!

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.25/10
02nd June, 2015
The opening l can only describe as "perfumey", meaning that it smells like a very old-fashioned perfume in which the notes come at you all at once, & none of them can be directly perceived or appreciated. After a moment or two, there is a strong hit of cumin that dominates the other spices. Over the first hour, the spices settle & gradually the fragrance becomes more floral. When the rose arrives, though, it is almost smothered by a strangely fruity, powdery dustiness. lt's not sweet, but in fact almost savoury. As it progresses over the next few hours, l get moss, a little smoky incense, musk, & in the base a non-foody vanilla-tonka accord. The projection is moderate, & nine hours in it begins to fade.
l really wanted to love this one, but the drydown is just "ok" to me, & that opening very off-putting. lt's not the full-blown, wine-dark, red rose that l hoped for, & l guess l have to face up to never finding a rose that l love more than Une Rose.
31st March, 2015
Excellent composition in which the sweeter-spicier (in comparison with its masculine "Lyric" couterpart) and more exotic approach does not compromise a basic dominant soapy-gothic rosey approach. Cinnamon, resins and ylang-ylang (in particular) provide a more spicy and tasty-oriental opening, aromatic ginger and fluidy cardamom imprint a sharper (balancing) texture perfectly joined to an oily-rosey-incensey characterizing laundriness. The latter is supported by a basic ambery-resinous woody foundation while an honeyed-spicy (sweeter) jasmine flanks a dominant parallel soapy earthiness jumping from the somber starring rose-geranium accord (with its typical cold vegetal-lymphatic laundriness to be intended as a "Lyric" trademark and a central thread with its masculine Amouage's "Lyric" brother). Lyric Woman is a sinister geranium-rose spicy accord rooted over a moody resinous oriental base really sensual and impenetrable. Extremely resinous moody aroma, warm and musky-resinous-animalic. Effectively the Lyric Woman's texture is far more "massive" and oriental than the Lyric Man's typically "licentious" (sharper) "hammam-like" soapiness. Absolutely elusive, dark and mysterious scent. Forbidding.
P.S: along the dry down I detect a sort of salty sensual-resinous muskiness and a cold sharper opposite undertone provided by minty angelica as connected with ginger and several herbal elements swirling around.
15th March, 2015
While Lyric Man is everything I don't like about rose-centered perfumes, Lyric Woman is most definitely amongst my favorites in this genre. As a matter of fact, it also represents one of the reasons why I can't get as excited about the latest Amouage as I used to be when the house delivered mind-blowing compositions such as this one, Epic Woman, Gold, Ubar and several others in their back catalog.

A heavily spiced (cardamom and cinnamon) rose built around a massive oriental structure. Beautiful floral patterns together with incense and a moderately sweet tonka / sandalwood combo provide even more thickness to an already impotent composition while the whole fragrance is pervaded by an overall sense of decadence and a remarkable gothic vibe. Enveloping, intoxicating and absolutely genderless.

Tremendous.

27th December, 2014
Not only roses .
Lyric woman is a beautiful sandalwood (tons of sandalwood), rose and spicy fragrance.
Reminds me a bit to Samsara vintage by Guerlain but Lyric is still better!
The drydown is very beautiful; soft, creamy, slightly sweet. Incense and tonkabean play a marvellous duet on my skin.

Colour of the bottle is just right for this scent.
Lyric woman and man are the best pair of line Amouage!
06th December, 2014

Add your review of Lyric Woman

Shop for Lyric Woman products online

Shop for Lyric Woman at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lyric Woman

Member images of Lyric Woman

There are no member images of Lyric Woman yet. Why not be the first?