Lyric Woman (2008)

About Lyric Woman

Lyric Woman is a feminine perfume by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2008

Reviews of Lyric Woman

iobhai Show all reviews
You've just had sex in a rose garden. For a moment, both you and your lover are speechless, caught in a moment staring into each other's eyes. After some time, she rolls over, but you grab her and pull her close and she laughs as you spoon her. She runs her fingers along your arm, and through the soft fur of the wolf pelts covering the earth beneath you. You press your nose into the back of her neck and you smell her sweat, detecting the vanilla coffee that her servants prepared for her that morning, the cinnamon and the sweet spices from her escorted walk through the markets that afternoon, the bit of smoke from the men's cigars at the polo game that followed. She moves to get up and dress, and you understand that it's your time to leave. Before you go, she leaves you with a kiss, and you notice that your clothes, too, have absorbed all of the scents from that moment in her rose garden. Her guards follow you back to your horse, and you wonder if, or when, you'll get invited back to see your queen again. Lyric Woman by Amouage.
25th February, 2018
I would not call Lyric Woman a gourmand but there is a light touch of sweetness through the rich florals.

This has both sillage and longevity, so be wary of hot weather and how you apply. It can become cloying.

Otherwise, this is a sheer pleasure to wear. It is not a common scent, or something easy to identify from the mass market. It is luxe and sumptious. Wear it whene you go out, or in private. Either way, you will enjoy it.

The incense, vanilla and tonka are not achingly sweet, but provide the oriental touch to the rose.
29th September, 2017
A very vintage fragrance. It opens with a lot of spice (mostly cardamom and who the pepper) and a smoke veil. Then I get a lot of everything with ylang-ylang. Later it goes indiscernible. It's not bad, but it's just too much of a lot of everything for me.
06th August, 2017 (last edited: 23rd December, 2017)
"Spicy heaven perfume" opens boldly with a very well done strong rose, cardamom and maybe cinnamon blending together. Then it turns darker. The middle was still rose with patchouli and other scents blending together. The mid notes were my favorite part. This stage last through maybe 5 hours of wear. The basenotes are incense mixed with other things. The drydown is not faint, perhaps a mid-range sillage. I want to wear Lyric Woman again tomorrow. It does not smell like Penhaligon's Halafeti, but it reminds me of it in spirit. It is bold and interesting.
30th March, 2017
A masterfully composed... beautifully made fragrance.

Now, first of all, this is a perfume with a spectacular composition. If we listed all the notes here, you would think that it would be too much. A spicy rose, with cardamom, incense, vanilla, cinnamon, tonka bean & sandalwood. I can't detect all the other notes but I know that they are present. There is also a burst of bergamot and something light. However what is incredible about this composition, is that it remains light. It remains sheer, not heavy, too cloying, or overwhelming.

I think Amouage Lyric Woman is a truly beautiful fragrance. Often we get tired of the note of Rose in many perfumes, but again this house has managed to surprise me. A rose with a host of other players, perfectly blended in with them. The rose is not dominant, but it "accentuates" the other notes, and lets them shine individually. I admire this fragrance very much.

Even though it is marketed as female, I enjoy wearing it, and actually find it extremely unisex. It's a dark, intriguing fragrance, it's very "grown up" and sophisticated to my nose. It would wear equally well on a man or on a woman. It's expensive, so get a sample or decant first. I think you'll be surprised by how well blended this one is. Very good.
01st April, 2016
If I was not such a lazy individual as well as forgetful, I may have written off this scent as too old fashioned for me. The opening is a distinct reminder of 1980's home decor using potpourri as a bombastic icon of glamour and hopeless home scent experimentation. I know this because I was raised in the South by a proper Southern woman. I'm pretty sure one of our cats regularly attempted to eat some of that gloriously weird composition and yacked it up all over the carpet. But I digress.

So, the opening was not attractive at all. Cinnamon and overdone red roses with a candied feel...too syrupy and too much. This was going nowhere fast, and I was so disappointed! I had gone from making a space on my beloved antique silver serving platter for the bottle, to swiftly placing it back into the box from which it came, and stowing it safely within the confines of my dark, cool closeted shelves. You know the ones...those boxes can get sorta piled high, can't they?

I gingerly kept my left hand away from my nose throughout the rest of the day and evening. It was not until around 10:30 pm that I chose to give my nose another chance at this scent I had wanted for so long...and to my surprise, I had a most gorgeous scent on my left hand! It is all at once a sandalwood, with deep and resinous tones, lifted with Vetiver and vanilla, as well as arcs of dark rose flowing in and out. There is more here, but I cannot explain what I am smelling - perhaps incense in the base? faint, but something reminds me of some of our Holy Eucharist services.

I'm going to give this a proper wearing later this week, as I want to understand this scent fully before deciding whether I can get past the opening. If it lasts more than an hour, that will be tough. Hopefully, it will be less! The dry down really is quite nice!

***************************************************************
Update:
This is a keeper! I have no idea why I was so unimpressed with the opening upon the first wearing, but I really enjoyed it the second wearing. Truly a beautiful scent!

****************************************************************
Welcome back to the wardrobe, old friend. I shall never be without you again. We were parted so I could pay for some CEU's to renew my professional license, but now that I have you back, I'll never let you go.
02nd February, 2016 (last edited: 11th November, 2016)

Add your review of Lyric Woman

AMOUAGE Lyric for Woman Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4oz/100ml New *Sample* in Box

• USD $140.00
  • Time Left: 16 days
  • Shipping from: United States

CHOICE OF 2 Amouage Ciel,Interlude,Lyric,Ubar,Reflection, Journey, Beloved Woman

• USD $12.68

Amouage Lyric Woman EDP 2ml Vial Sample Spray New With Card

• USD $11.90
  • Time Left: 16 days

Member images of Lyric Woman

There are no member images of Lyric Woman yet. Why not be the first?