cK one Summer 2009 (2009)
    by Calvin Klein

• Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 27 ratings

cK one Summer 2009 information

cK one Summer 2009 is a unisex fragrance by Calvin Klein. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of cK one Summer 2009

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 5 Positive Reviewsneutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

MrMookie's avatar

Cucumber galore

This edition is very good imo.

The cucumber gave this CK one flanker a nice vibe.

Great for hot days out in the summer on the beach.

Its easy and layed back with no complication.

Not much say about it.

Good companion for a sunny week out.

Pros: Nice and fresh without any complication
    Cons:

12 September, 2013

emberfly's avatar

I love this scent.
    This was one of the first fragrances I ever bought. I got it when I was about 16, and I loved it every time I used it.
    It smells tropical and fruity and refreshing; the there is a hint of sweetness, but mostly it smells like pineapples and oranges and youth and happiness AND THE BEACH! It reminds me of a lazy afternoon on a beach somewhere in Florida.. relaxing under an umbrella and drinking a piņa colada (it doesn't smell like coconuts, though).
    I think unisex is a great way to categorize this fragrance. I don't think that it smells particularly masculine, but it definitely doesn't smell feminine either. It just smells awesome.

20th January, 2013

blood-orange's avatar

If I ever created a scent from scratch, this is how I'd want it smell. Fresh, exotic, sexy and bright.

You can tell that this is a unisex scent, but that doesn't bother me. On both sexes this would smell absolutely amazing.

CK One Summer 2009 takes me to my happy place; lying on a beach on a warm day sipping a refreshing beverage while feeling the sun soak into my skin. In other words this is a very beachy scent.

The fragrance opens with the delicious blend of mint, cucumber, lime and bergamot. I can smell every one of these notes and let me tell you, this is the ultimate Summery scent.

The scent is so unusual with notes like sea water, rosemary, rum and oakmoss creating something that you'd only expect to find hidden in a niche fragrance.

I am highly impressed by this offering from Calvin Klein, it's a pity that it's a limited edition. I'm seriously considering buying this fragrance in bulk because I love it so much.

05 June, 2011

m.francisco's avatar

From the bottle and on first smell, this is some really expensive Hawaiian Punch. But I must admit, it's a really pretty bottle and the screw off cap is a big plus. While it's a little (a lot) fruity at first, I don't mind the overwhelming blast of tropical fruits. Unfortunately, within minutes the sweetness fades and what remains is, as somebody else put it, a smell of fruity fabric softener...which isn't too bad of a thing. It's very comforting and pleasant. The longevity is average and it projects without being annoying. It's a beautiful bottle and a pleasing smell, but I really do wish it would keep more of the initial Hawaiian Punch smell.

11th April, 2010

Shaheen's avatar

As listed on Fragrantica, the note breakdown is as follows:
    Top: mint, cucumber, lime, bergamot
    Middle: sea water, green apple, rosemary, lotus
    Base: rum, sandalwood, woodsy notes, oakmoss

Well, I don't smell ANY of these notes whatsoever. The top smells like some type of mixture of tropical fruit juices. Like maybe pineapple, mango, papaya, and something citrusy. It's simultaneously natural and synthetic smelling. I enjoy the top notes quite a bit. On my skin, however, the dry-down morphs into something that smells almost exactly like Downy liquid fabric softener (the original blue scent) mixed with the fruity top notes. Walking around wearing this fragrance makes me feel like I used way too much fabric softener in my wash. I just can't shake the association with Downy, and thus I do not like this.

25 October, 2009

CJW's avatar

99% of CK fragrances are boring and pointless (to me anyway) but if you must buy a CK scent try CK one summer. A 99% improvement on any of the other CKs!

18 August, 2009