Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man (2009)
by Byredo

Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man information

Year of Launch2009

PerfumerJerome Epinette

About Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man

Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man is a masculine fragrance by Byredo. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jerome Epinette

Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man fragrance notes

Reviews of Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man

Having just started to get into the Byredo fragrances, I find myself obsessed with Sunday Cologne. What is it about this scent that has me so captivated? It is light; complex even in it's lightness; seems true to the cologne genre; casual yet distinctively different from what's out there, and finally, excellent. It is almost immediately a skin scent, so I don't know if anyone but me would even notice it if I wear it. But this is a touch of genius and art. I detect mostly a citrus, lavender and vetiver mixture. I can't be too objective. You have to be crazy to spend this kind of money on a cologne which last about as long in fragrance terms as the life cycle of the mayfly. You have to be crazy to go for a fragrance that by basis analysis might be very similar to other much less expensive colognes out there. In the end you have to be crazy to buy this. I need to be committed.
24th June, 2015
mild thumbs up here.
Not a bad scent -- at times complex, intriguing-haunting, slightly aromatic. In turns floral, dusky, green-herbal. I thought there was tarragon and mint, perhaps that is the anise and lavender.Sometimes a bit sweet and tiresome in the DD but not problematic. Good longevity.
30th March, 2015
Citrus and woods, kind of like cedar, but not in a literal way. There's also a kitchen cabinet full of cooking spices - high-pitched pepper and ginger, as well as woody anise, with just a hint of animalic cumin for depth. Surrounding this, there's a pool of familiar chemical smells, most notably that green synthetic "marine" smell, as well as that ubiquitous metallic rubbing alcohol "woody amber", all wrapped up in a heady dose of iso e super smoke.

Given time, a leathery birch tar comes in, smartening up the base and keeping this from devolving into a stupid aquatic.

As for the Terre d'Hermes comparison, it's fairly apt, though TDH is abstract (there's not much of anything in it that smells like a "thing" - it smells more like a concept or and idea than a pile of ingredients) while Fantastic Man is grounded in recognizable spices and smells, so it has a different sort of appeal.

All in all, I quite enjoy the interplay of wood and smoke and spices, but that metal smell just irks me to the point where I can't give this a thumbs up.
13th May, 2014
Laidback Sunny Sunday

Laidback easy sunday morning out of the shower fresh and vibrant notes give you a good feeling all through the morning/day.

Everyone knows that feeling when you are free off in the weekend being in your element around the house feeling happy the way you are... no more no less... just be.
Its an uplifting mood fragrance.
If you like clean fresh 'n vibrant cologne type scents this one is a really good choice!
Its pricy so i think i get an alternative but well done Byredo i love this house

Pros: Uplifting, sunny, fresh and light with a twist

26th August, 2013
Thought I discovered a new thing, silly me, but as Dorian Gray below already mentioned, this is very similar to a Terre d'Hermes / Montale Red Vetiver, with a lot of lemon on top.

I can't see myself buying a bottle, but it is a nice fragrance.
04th April, 2012
I do really like this, but along with Montale's Red Vetiver, I find it too similar to Terre d'Hermes to justify owning a bottle. That said, I bought it anyway! Its a more citrusy Terre designed as a trad cologne ( with 10x the staying power I hasten to add ) while R V is a bit deeper and richer
01st March, 2011

Add your review of Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man

Shop for Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man products online

Shop for Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man

Member images of Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man

There are no member images of Sunday Cologne / Fantastic Man yet. Why not be the first?