F pour Homme Black (2009)
by Salvatore Ferragamo

F pour Homme Black information

Year of Launch2009

HouseSalvatore Ferragamo
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent CompanyFerragamo Group

About F pour Homme Black

F pour Homme Black is a masculine fragrance by Salvatore Ferragamo. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

F pour Homme Black fragrance notes

Reviews of F pour Homme Black

It's so so. Sweet, incensey, resinous. Thought I detected some patchouli. Maybe it's the black pepper being quite ethereal. Certainly not the typical masculin pepperiness you get in other scents.

Maybe I'm not that excited because I've smelled something like this before. I actually mixed up that one myself. I do remember upon first smelling this kind of combo that I really liked it.
24th December, 2019
I bought this one blind on a recommendation from a friend. First impression (2 sprays to the arm) was not good, as I initially found it cloyingly heavy on the lavender and a bit too feminine/powdery for my liking. My tastes typically shy away from the frags with heavy Iris, Lavender, Rose, etc. My opinion remained that way for a few months as I never gave it a true SOTD wearing, and it was actually relegated to my guest bathroom as a room freshener. Fast forward to last week, that same friend who recommended it brought it up in conversation and I briefly described how I felt about the frag. Subsequently, he suggested that I send it to him for free since I didn't care for it. We worked out a trade and I told him I'd mail it to him within a week or so. This prompted me to finally circle back and give it an honest wearing before I let it go. I was able to come to terms with the punchingly loud Lavender opening which, as the day went on, allowed me to experience the evolution of the frag more completely. Much to my pleasant surprise, after the initial opening calms down (1-2 hrs), the mid note of coriander begins to come through very pleasantly and seems expertly blended in the way it reveals itself. The mid-notes then seamlessly transitioned into a beautifully delicious dry-down, where what I assume is the Labdanum, shows up in a very sophisticated and masculine tone yet softened by a bit of Tonka. Still along for the ride, the Lavender note remains present, but in a more subtle and smooth way. Aside from the punchy opening (which has actually grown on me) this one seems expertly blended and has the feel of a niche quality product. I would not consider it in direct competition with La Nuit, as it has too much of it's own personality. Rather, as another reviewer stated, this would be an excellent day wear and one could easily transition to La Nuit for evening wear. Needless to say, I will have to renegotiate the deal with my buddy. Perhaps it's just me, but I've found that with many frags, it takes a few wearings for it to present itself completely, from opening to drydown. I don't know if it has to do with oxygen being introduced to the bottle or whatever, but I've experienced it with several frags. I'm still blown away by the dry-down, so if you can get past the Lavender-heavy opening, you may be pleasantly surprised.
03rd October, 2019
This seems to me to be the type of fragrance that Christian Grey from those awful "50 Shades" books would wear. It's very serious, intense and powerful. No-nonsense and little humor. It's the kind of scent one could wear in a high-stakes business meeting as well as in one's own private dungeon while whipping slave girls.
09th July, 2019
This is unmistakably masculine, very solid scent. But, absolutely 100% NOTHING like la Nuit by YSL. Not even on the same planent??? Ferragamo F Black has a very old school vibe, kind of like your grandpa's cologne that was in a car shaped bottle, but with a big modern twist! Which I think is extremely cool, I just wish I could find one like this that suited me better. I would love a masculine version of La Nuit, one that is spicy and warm with that old-school cologne vibe that I love in F Black, not light and playful, like spicebomb edt (not for me)... something that is more day time wear and decidedly masculine only more sensual.
With Ferragamo F Black you get alot of pepper and lavender, very masculine and long lasting with great sillage. However, it is too sharp and piercing for me and has a very mature and professional vibe that I think would be more for a business man in a nice suit. I'm looking for something more casual and masculine but, still has that old-school "cologny" vibe that I like in F Black, kind of avant-garde. F Black is still AMAZING, well worth the hype! I just wish it fit my personality better.

UPDATE*
WOW, I can't believe this but my opinion of this has changed! when I tried this in the summer it was god-awful and I felt the need to warn people. But, I tried this again in the winter (34 degrees and less) and this cologne really shines! It takes on a whole new character. My previous review was based on 80° plus weather. Which I would not suggest. But in cold weather this is pretty good stuff, and I can see the La Nuit De L'Homme connection, for sure. This is good Daytime and perfect transition into la nuit at night! So I have to change my neutral rating to a solid thumbs up!
29th June, 2018 (last edited: 26th February, 2019)
A very heavily done lavender which can give this fragrance the overall smell of a young man attempting to get laid on a date. However the performance is exceptionally good for a cheaper cent and the fragrance really comes into its own during the colder months giving a sold 6 hours of performance with a very decent silage.
29th August, 2017
It's harsh but equally a challanging scent.Smells synthetic citrus and pepper.You need some tolerance to wear it, but others like it(except my wife). Its fresh but yet very strong. Projects for 2-3hrs max and after that others have to be very near you to smell it. I may not have liked it if I didn't read reviews from some professional perfumers. It has value for money but no one mentions that the bottle's finishing is really bad. One may suspect his buy to be a fake one just by looking at the bottle. I will recommend if you dare to wear it.
27th August, 2017

Add your review of F pour Homme Black

Shop for F pour Homme Black products online

FERRAGAMO F BLACK by Salvatore Ferragamo 3.4 oz EDT Spray NEW in Box for Men

End Date: Tuesday Jan-21-2020 20:21:13 PST
Buy It Now for only: $29.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

F Ferragamo Pour Homme Black by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 3.4 OFor Men * NEW

End Date: Thursday Jan-23-2020 14:06:45 PST

F BY FERRAGAMO POUR HOMME BLACK EDT SPRAY 3.4ML NIB

End Date: Friday Jan-24-2020 7:30:59 PST
Buy It Now for only: $26.98
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

F BY FERRAGAMO POUR HOMME BLACK EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 100 ML / 3.4 OZ NEW (T)

End Date: Saturday Jan-25-2020 11:03:40 PST
Buy It Now for only: $40.25
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

F By Ferragamo Pour Homme Black EDT Spray 3.4 oz & Aftershave Balm 2.5 oz & Sham

End Date: Saturday Jan-25-2020 12:23:01 PST

F By Ferragamo Pour Homme Black by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 3.4 oz

End Date: Wednesday Jan-29-2020 3:18:56 PST
Buy It Now for only: $24.00

Member images of F pour Homme Black

There are no member images of F pour Homme Black yet. Why not be the first?