He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood (2009)
by Dsquared2

He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood information

Year of Launch2009

HouseDsquared2
Parent CompanyAngelini > ITF Cosmetics
Parent Company at launchICR > ITF Cosmetics

About He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood

He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood is a masculine fragrance by Dsquared2. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood

The lilly note is the dominante floral, along with the pepper and incence make for a fresh rocky mountain accord. All on a natural woody base.
30th April, 2015
Salutation.

I am not a huge fan of DSQUARED fragrances but this one is really lovely.

That is one of the scents that i reach for use for a different situation or special occasions.a original creation.

Is truly classic and woody and different on my collection!
perfect for wear at autumn eveneings. totally chic and eminently masculine.
. langevity/sillage is good.

7.25/10
29th March, 2015
This is a really nice smell, but it's not very unique. The typical fresh vetiver, it follows Grey Vetiver. As it dries it has a slight dark, inky aroma, reminiscent of the original He Wood. TONS of violet in the opening. Don't know what violet smells like? Start here. It blends beautifully with vetiver in the opening, creating this gothic like accord. Dark, earthy, but also versatile and very wearable. Into a base of cedarwood and a little incense. A note that smells like a lilly flower lingering around; after doing some research, turns out it's jasmine. A note I usually despise, seems to work out ok in this one. There's some sort of herbal not in the background, I wanna say basil or oregano. This herbal note when combining with the violet and vetiver makes for some type of awkward BBQ meat accord, that I can't seem to get around.

It's just okay to me, it's nothing to go out of your way to try and get; especially now since being discontinued, and harder to find, prices are climbing up really high. Right now they're at the point where the discounted bottles are harder to find, you'll be paying around retail, or right at retail. I do see this one going up in price over the next year though.

In my opinion, Dsquared cashed in on the He Wood brand on this one. Although He Wood wasn't a huge success in retail stores, it still sold pretty well from my understanding, and has its supporters. Rocky Mountain Wood is just another overrated flanker.
11th December, 2014 (last edited: 26th January, 2015)
The scent is awesome, what a great smell, indeed. Best of the dsquared2 He Wood line. I sense this scent except woody of course but also as a cooling, comforting, oudoor-sy - Which it is no doubt meant to be. Can be worn in hot humid climate as well - It was yet to see the day for me to find a current, non-vintage fragrance that i can from all of my heart give honestly FULL 5 STARS. Glad i found this one. Like it more than CdG Wonderwood for example.

That was for the scent/smell - unfortunately on my skin the longevity is really bad, only 1,5-2 hours so i will run out of this juice soon, but have already bought a couple of backup bottles - fortunately this one is a quite inexpensive frag.
31st July, 2014

The violet and violet leaves of the opening are, thankfully, quite light – they and a bit of white pepper present themselves more as an aromatic emanation than as a substantial aroma. After the aromatic opening, in the heart accord I mostly get a pleasant and “natural” cedar accorded with a pleasant, less dominant vetiver which, together, continue for most of the run of the fragrance, making this another cedar dominant fragrance… and a very good one. To my nose the drydown goes mainly to a somewhat abstract amber/musk accord with an occasional hit of incense. Dsquared2 He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood is a walk in among the conifer trees. It has average projection and on my dry skin it does not have enough longevity, otherwise it is a very nice fragrance and excellent value… I think this is the first violet fragrance that I truly enjoy.
14th April, 2014
I was not quite sure whether I should give this fragrance a Thumbs Up rating or not. But since it is a quality fragrance with a very reasonable longetivity, I went for Thumbs Up. That being said, I am not overly enthusiastic about He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood. To me, it is a less expensive substitute for Encre Noire, no more no less. On me, the vetiver note is overpowering, just like with Encre Noire. It is a very dry fragrance and it desperately lacks sensuality. At least, Encre Noire is not as dull and it is a little richer. To me, He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood is mainly a fragrance suitable for office work and other venues where you must look and smell "serious" if it makes any sense. In other words, I think this fragrance is rather classy but not really exciting.
22nd March, 2014 (last edited: 27th May, 2014)

Add your review of He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood

Shop for He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood products online

Shop for He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood

Member images of He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood

There are no member images of He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood yet. Why not be the first?