Apparition Homme Intense (2008)
by Ungaro

Apparition Homme Intense information

Year of Launch2008

HouseUngaro
PackagingSylvie de France
Parent CompanyFerragamo Group

About Apparition Homme Intense

Apparition Homme Intense is a masculine fragrance by Ungaro. The scent was launched in 2008 and the bottle was designed by Sylvie de France

Reviews of Apparition Homme Intense

This is an interesting fragrance. I purchased a 3.3 oz. blind off Amazon for about 20$ and have worn it numerous times. I like the sharp opening and the sweet vanilla licorice drydown, but I wasn't too sure about it since I hadnt received a single compliment or question from others for quite awhile. I consider this a fragrance capable of multiple uses, but have never worn it to work, just for social events or going out at night.

Recently I've received several positive compliments and am giving it a fresh look, considering the other fragrances in my wardrobe I wear much more often.
12th March, 2013
This is a cross between B*men's rhubarb and spices, with Lolita Lempicka's Au Masculin. I actually like the original version because of the heavy dose of mandarin orange in the opening. This fragrance smells cheap to me. Nothing I would ever want to wear.
06th July, 2012
The richer, more intense version of the original formula turned out more spicy and mellow by the insertion of spices (coriander, nutmeg?) in the middle and vanilla in the base.  The outcome is a vetiver and licorice smell turned out creamy by a milky foundation. The ambery-vanillic dry down rounds the smell of the original Apparirion Homme with a more intense and milky approach. I agree with the Shifty Bat's review in that the traditional musk-vanilla aromatic accord we met in La Male or Lolita Lempika Ph is not approched in here by watery lavender and aquatic citrus-fruits but is flanked by a clever usage of licorice, rhubarb and spices. This implementation restrains the synthetic and a bit aquatic beat of the original formula and rounds it with a reinforced note of amber, licorice, an intenser liquorous temperament and a vanillic mellow final addition. A better balanced, more intense and less watery kind of flanker.
08th September, 2011 (last edited: 09th September, 2011)
I bought this one blind...stupid me! This is by far the worst smelling-experience in my life: there is really nothing to like in this bitter beast...simply horrible!
13th August, 2011
When I first sprayed this on, I was getting the bottom of a sack of halloween candy and started to get a little nervous. After a few minutes, the sweetness subsided and balanced nicely with some woods and smokiness. The scent is very nice. It doesn't project strongly and is a bit short-lived as other reviewers have said, but it's a nice scent that isn't too challenging and can be an everyday go-to fragrance. I like it.
30th March, 2011
"Talent borrows - genius steals."
- Oscar Wilde

Apparition Homme revisits the by now familiar-to-millions anisic vanilla-musk opening of creations akin to Le Male, Perry Ellis 360 White (Men) and Ghost Man but (like Ghost Man) avoids the lavender and gets creative with its replacement. What we have here is an ingenious use of bitter rhubarb and licorice which lends a slightly soapy edge to what could have been full throttle, unabated sweetness. So imagine, if you would, watering down a bottle of 360 White and adding a dash of Prada Amber PH. Soapy vanillicorice scent with a warm candywood drydown. Longevity and projection are a mystery, as I seem to get different results affected by things like the days of the week, the company I keep, the alignment of the cosmos, and the color of my tie. AHI is a fantastically likable imp of a fragrance and well worth its curiously modest going price.
26th March, 2011

Add your review of Apparition Homme Intense

Shop for Apparition Homme Intense products online

Search Amazon for Apparition Homme Intense

Member images of Apparition Homme Intense

There are no member images of Apparition Homme Intense yet. Why not be the first?