Cristalle Eau Verte (2009)
by Chanel

Cristalle Eau Verte information

Year of Launch2009

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Cristalle Eau Verte

Cristalle Eau Verte is a feminine perfume by Chanel. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Polge

Reviews of Cristalle Eau Verte

I love this one! So you can imagine how disappointing it is to me that it lasts but only for very briefly. CEV is super fresh and mellow and somehow less astringent than Eau de Lalique that I also like. I inquired about EdP concentration but in Holt Renfrew (Toronto) the sale assistance at the Channel counter didn't even know that this version of Cristalle existed. I find CEV unisex and so soothing but also so alarmingly short lived.
22nd June, 2014
Genre: Green Floral

What fool decided that Cristalle needed a flanker? And guys, if you’re going to call it “Eau Verte,” make sure its actually more “verte” than the original. Side-by-side comparison reveals that Cristalle is much more herbaceous, more galbanum-tinted green, than this misbegotten stepchild right from the start. My guess is that this was an attempt to do for Cristalle what the excellent Eau Premičre did for No. 5, which is to say, brighten and lighten the formula with more fruit, while toning down the powdery aldehydes, in the hope of attracting a younger, hipper audience. It didn’t work here, perhaps because Cristalle is light and bright enough as it is, or because adding sweet fruit to Cristalle’s green citrus chypre architecture brings it perilously close to a banal fruity floral structure.

Truth be told, I have trouble sniffing out that beautifully balanced chypre structure underneath the fruit-flavored hard candy wrapper, so I think any remnants of Cristalle’s original content are effectively wasted here. My advice: just wear Cristalle and avoid this misguided effort.
11th June, 2014
This is a very fresh, clean Chanel EDT which has become my baseline signature fragrance. It is perfect for "making it your own", a rather uncomplicated, linear fragrance with a soft, underlying floral warmth (magnolia) in the drydown. I love adding a touch of gardenia oil; it fills out the white florals beautifully, especially for evening wear. I have layered it with other white floral oils, other lotions and I have also used deeper bergamots, all gorgeous combinations. Often, the best combination is no combination, which is how I usually wear it. I think it is quietly sophisticated; it doesn't shout out, it just lets people subtely know you are there.
16th May, 2014 (last edited: 22nd May, 2014)
Chanel's scents are often associated with older or more mature women, but this EdT is definitely ageless. It opens with a strong citrus smell, mostly lemons, but the bergamot is definitely there as well. The citrus is clean but not chemical. The dry-down is where the surprise comes. After a slightly sharp opening, it softens into a lovely, extremely feminine floral. Magnolia dominates. While quite sweet, it is not cloying.

Just a few spritzes in the morning sees me straight through the afternoon. I would say it's a warmer weather scent, although I've been wearing it in winter as well. It somehow succeeds at being both clean yet sweet.
24th February, 2014
I see no resemblance to Cristalle, a Chanel creation which I do not like. But Eau Verte is beautiful, fresh and so summery. Another reviewer called it "a heat beater" and that is exactly what it is. It seems quite one dimensional to me - but that's ok, with summery grab range I don't demand a huge range from my perfume. The most notable notes are of course citrus, jasmine and something I can't yet place (I need time and more wears, having only recently purchased it). I definitely got a clean soapiness, but not of the supermarket shampoo variety. Eau Verte has great projection and lasting power and I think that a special kind of fellow could actually get away with wearing it too.
23rd January, 2014
Stale celery leaves

Well if you like musty old celery leaves then this definitely is for you. Tired and unappealing.

05th October, 2013

Add your review of Cristalle Eau Verte

Shop for Cristalle Eau Verte products online

Shop for Cristalle Eau Verte at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Cristalle Eau Verte

Member images of Cristalle Eau Verte

There are no member images of Cristalle Eau Verte yet. Why not be the first?