A*Men Pure Malt (2009)
    by Thierry Mugler

Average Rating: 4

Based on 604 ratings

A*Men Pure Malt information

A*Men Pure Malt is a men's fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of A*Men Pure Malt

Showing 1 to 6 of 95 reviews.

Lewy's avatar

Incredibly hyped for no apparent reason. Maybe I expected it to be different. Darker, woodier, boozier, manlier, with more character. Where is the malt? Instead it's sweet, fresh, feminine, and...sorry to say it, for boys only. Smells like one of those Axe/Lynx deodorants, very immature, very synthetic, very offensive. People around you may like it, but likewise probably hate it. I wouldn't take that risk.

To be fair, longevity and sillage are excellent, I figure it'd best be worn in autumn/winter?!
    It's a solid scent for highschoolers but not the masterpiece that many make it out to be by any means.

14 October, 2014

Liambambiggy's avatar

Very rarely do I give a full five star rating but this is a legend. I've worn this so much and have received so many compliments from women and men alike. Women love it and guys want to smell like it. The superb display of whiskey makes you intoxicated. Superb blend from the mind of monsiuer Muglar. I'd shake his hand for this one.

06 October, 2014

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Ingenious. Whisky, indeed and those refined fruity notes which are more potent, in the background there is this distinct, classic A*Men note. Pure Havane and The Taste Of Fragrance follow Pure Malt story and style but are different in character. Pure Leather is something like Pure Malt stripped of its fruitiness and booziness and more like a toned, refined A*Men.

Aside the flanker that followed Pure Malt, and they're great as well by the way, Pure Malt is unsurpassable in design, style, character, the work on it. To Me Guccy Envy For Men is number 1 fragrance, but Pure Malt might stand by its side anytime.

I've been reading about Pure Malt for a while now, as well as other flankers, so I bought them all blind without a question. Each in its own right is an exquisite fragrance and I really love every flanker, however Pure Malt owns them all completely. But, now there's this B*Men "story". Incredible as it may sound, B*Men is my No1 flanker. Even though, however mayhaps questionable, B*Men can't compete with Pure Malt, B*Men has this certain mesmerizing effect on me on both conscious and subconscious level in an incredible way. Really if I had to choose between Pure Malt and B*Men, I'd choose B*Men. Sounds almost like blasphemy, but there it is.

Pure Malt, when it comes to both the entire A*Men line and the whole designer perfume world, is truly a force to be reckoned with in all aspects. Only now that I finally own it and smell it on myself do I understand why is this almost a holy grail on this site, why is it among top worn, often mentioned etc.

Scent: 10/10 - masterpiece
    Originality 10/10 - unique
    Longevity 8/10 - 12+ hours
    Projection 7/10 - above average

(edit due to lapsus calami)

02 July, 2014 (Last Edited: 28 August, 2014)

Tmoran's avatar

I absolutely love this fragrance. I originally was attracted to pure havane for its strong tobacco notes being a lover of un burned tobacco. I stayed away from pure malt due to the overwhelming responses saying this smelled like berries with whisky (or is is whiskey?) over them. Honestly, I think that is just a trend with youtube reviewers. One well known reviewer says something and the rest of them follow the leader and simply repeat what was said as I really dont get the reference. I guess you would have to be a very big spirits enthusiast to pick up on the notes of whisky under the strong and in most cases offensive smell of alcohol. I wont even pretend to know what my nose is picking up on. All I can say is that I love pure havane. But since purchasing pure malt I have a hard time reaching for anything else. I think my favorite thing is that while its not a linear scent it also retains its own dna enough to where it never feels like a different fragrance but rather an evolution. Too many good fragrances change way too much for me to enjoy. I either like the opening or the drydown rarely both. Pure malt is a rockstar. I really hope they keep it around permanently as its really one of the best flankers in the history of flankers.

13 June, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woody Oriental

The original A*Men has always been too sweet and too ham-fisted in execution for me to stomach. The cult favorite Pure Malt flanker is a lot easier on my nose. It’s no more subtle, nor any less sweet, than the original, but its smoky, peaty malt whisky note provides welcome contrast to the dense syrup. Unfortunately, the whisky peters out before the rest, leaving behind the familiar, ponderous, and gooey-sweet A*Men accord of chocolate syrup, chemical “wood” and patchouli.

08 June, 2014

krsams1's avatar

Outstanding! No matter how many niche or high end fragrances I purchase, which is a lot, this little gem will always have a place in my line up along with Pure Havane.

05 May, 2014

Add your review of A*Men Pure Malt

Search for on eBay United States

A MEN Angel Men PURE HAVANE & PURE MALT EDT Thierry Mugler 1.2ml Spray Cologne
    • Time Left: 8 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Thierry Mugler Amen Pure Malt Men's Eau de Toilette 3.4oz Brand New Tester..
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 2 days
    STARTING BID
    ANGEL AMEN PURE MALT by Thierry Mugler 3.4 oz ( 100 ml ) EDT Spray Men NIB SEAL
    • Time Left: 4 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    A*Men Pure Malt Creation Thierry Mugler Eau De Toilette for Men New&Sealed 100ml
    • Time Left: 17 days
    • Time Left: 22 days
    THIERRY MUGLER A MEN PURE MALT EDT .04oz 1.2ml COLOGNE SPRAY SAMPLE VIAL X 1
    • Time Left: 25 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    3 pc Thierry Mugler Samples A MEN PURE HAVANE MALT & ICE MEN 1.2ml Spray Cologne
    • Time Left: 8 days