A*Men Pure Malt (2009)

HouseThierry Mugler
PerfumerJacques Huclier
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Malt

A*Men Pure Malt is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Malt fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Malt

Absolutely love Angel Men Pure Malt. It is a very warm scent that works better on colder days. Opens up very boozy with a whiskey like smell. To me, this smells like a mixture of berries, chocolate, caramel and whiskey. Really sweet, really seductive. I can't get enough of this one. You can definitely tell it is related to the original Angel Men. Has a similar dry down, but not as harsh as the original.

This is perfect for evening wear. I typically wear this when I'm going out with friends at night for dinner or drinks. I don't wear it casually during the day time, but I think it could be done.

This stuff lasts forever on my skin and projects like a monster. This is one of my top compliment getters and the ladies absolutely love it.

Pure Malt is my favorite Angel Men flanker and is one of my favorite fragrances to wear out at night. I give it a 9/10.

Random Comment: A friend of mine told me that he layers 1 spray of this and 1 spray of the original and it is amazing. Just something to try out.
29th October, 2015
Talk about a scent that evolves as it dries! You can spray it on in the morning and then smell it once every hour for the rest of the day and it will smell different every time. It gets better and better as the patchouli and booze subside to make room for coffee and chocolate notes. A+
27th October, 2015
opens with a boozy/fruity wood that smells pretty good to me and definitely is immediately recognizable as an A Men me it sits somewhere between Burberry London and John Varvatos/JV Vintage in the general smell it conjures to my nose...the booze doesn't smell real alcoholy, but more like the smell of just nicely aged booze...I enjoy smelling this and am finishing up a decant right now, and then I'm done...nothing against this fragrance, but not planning on getting anymore...but it was a pleasure smelling it while I had it...dries down to even closer to A Men DNA, but without any bitterness or tar effect...nice and smooth...
decant to full bottle worthy...
Sweet Boozy Wood
20th October, 2015
This is a very sexy scent. If I were single again I would frequently wear this one out on the weekends. It is smooth and creamy, also a little bit boozy and works wonders in the colder months. It could be worn year round but I would not wear it on a super hot day. Would be perfect for a date night. It comes off a little strong at first but once it dries down on the skin it calms down a bit and does not stick out too much. This is one that I apply pretty generously because it is not very strong ON ME. It might be different for someone else. I would give this one an 8/10.
03rd September, 2015
GET THIS!!! I bought this as a blind purchase, and man, was it a great idea. To me, its a winter scent, its warm, cozy, and boozy. It is the smell of winter. GET IT
18th June, 2015 (last edited: 22nd June, 2015)
A*Men Pure Malt is a wonderful warm masculine smell, boozy, woody, and a tinge dirty,that reminds me of Frank Los angeles No.2. Pure Malt however doesn't seem to have the sillage that Frank does but I think maybe it's due to how it sits closer to the skin after the drydown. Probably one of the better frags in the larger production (non-niche)market. The base smells very similar to Pure Havane although Pure Havane seems to carry it's top note of vanilla long into the 4-5 hour mark. I would reccomend this fragrance, especially at the price point, it is definately a compliment getter.
27th May, 2015

Add your review of A*Men Pure Malt

Shop for A*Men Pure Malt products online

Shop for A*Men Pure Malt at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for A*Men Pure Malt

Member images of A*Men Pure Malt

There are no member images of A*Men Pure Malt yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to A*Men Pure Malt