A*Men Pure Malt (2009)

• Availability: In Production : Limited Edition
    • Perfumer: Unknown - Let us know
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Reviews of A*Men Pure Malt

Showing 1 to 6 of 89 reviews.

lex's avatar
    lex

very nice, pure malt is close to the amen without that burt tar rubber smell. I feel this needs to be applied lightly and it can be risky in the summer

26 February, 2014

Sybernetic's avatar
    Sybernetic

It doesn't smell altogether bad to me but I wouldn't want to smell like this in public. The booze makes it smell very dated - like something my father or grandfather would have worn - only except that they never would have worn something that smells sweet at the same time. Candy of course smells good but why in the world a man would want to smell like candy is beyond me!?!? Maybe women do like the smell but other men are laughing at you!

16 February, 2014

rogalal's avatar
    rogalal

I really do believe that Pure Malt is one of the most interesting, unique, and oddly wearable scents to come out in years. There used to be a microbrewery down the street from my apartment and it smelled like this - sort of like frothy dark beer, but always under heady fumes of the sickly-sweet smell of fermentation. A*Men is complex in its original form - when topped with this fermenting beer smell and slathered with chocolate, it's downright ridiculous, but in a good way.

There are bumps along the way that I enjoy less (I find the lavender on top distracting) and brilliant moments that are fantastic (like when the smoky coffee comes through mid-day and the whole thing takes on a dark boozy woody feel), but it's all imaginative and fun and pretty brilliant.

04 February, 2014

metchu's avatar
    metchu

Awesome opening...I get hints of Vanilla Coke and whiskey dominating the first 10-20 min and coming in waves after that. Smelt at Nordstroms with my girlfriend and just fell in love with it. Got it as a Christmas present and wearing it ever since, nothing to complain about. Excellent winter night scent, lasts a lonnng time with just a few sprays. I honestly love this scent. 9.5/10

05 January, 2014

mlsweeney's avatar
    mlsweeney

Nice, Boozy Gourmand

Pure Malt is a nice gourmand fragrance that will fit well in your collection if you like boozy fragrances. It has the same A*Men concept but with a small tweak. I really like how they cut back on the sweetness compared to the majority of their line. I think A*Men's biggest weakness is how cloying it can be with the sweetness level but Pure Malt is one of the more less cloying fragrances. The longevity of Pure Malt is very impressive. I get over 8 hours almost every time. I also think the uniqueness of Pure Malt can really make you stand out in the crowd. I rarely find this in stores which makes me think that not very many people know about it.

The problem with Pure Malt is I don't think it fits the A*Men concept that well. Not that I wanted it to be sweeter, but I just don't think the mixture works that well compared to the other A*Mens. The whiskey and berry notes don't seem to bring it all together making it feel like a forced product. The booziness of it leaves something to be desired as well. I have a few boozy fragrances and all of them except this one really stand out. With a rum or gin based fragrance, I can really tell that that is what they were going for but with Pure Malt I don't think the whiskey note is that recognizable. The final (potential) downside is it's availability. They took it off the market for a while so there is always that possibility that you won't be able to purchase it making the eBay prices skyrocket again.

If you like Thierry Mugler colognes and the whiskey/berry combo sounds like your kind of mixture then I think it would be safe to blind buy.

8.1/10

Pros: 1. Cuts back on the sweetness from Havane 2. Longevity is impressive 3. Unique as a designer
    Cons: 1. Doesn't fit as well with the A*Men concept 2. Booziness leaves something to be desired 3. Availability is subject to change"

20th October, 2013

drmike's avatar
    drmike

horrible sweet sickly yuk

i do not like this at all. It is overbearingly sweet and sickly. it smells of burnt caramel (specifically a caramc ) and actually irritated my skin. I wasked this off and wondered why anyone would want to smell like this.

Pros: none
    Cons: smells as if you are a cheap sweet shop"

03 October, 2013