A*Men Pure Malt (2009)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Malt

A*Men Pure Malt is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Malt fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Malt

A nice sweet boozy gourmand. Not my style but as far as this genre goes it's definitely one of the best. Received multiple compliments wearing this one!
17th November, 2018
Sweet, Woody, Boozy, warm.
These (for lack of a better term) seductive top notes in addition to the usual familiar youthful A*Men base.

It's a strictly cold weather date night scent that exudes confidence and class. It's not to be taken lightly or over sprayed. It projects well and is heavy, making it probably the least versatile of the line but it is the most interesting.

Trying to sum up the hype for this one, I think the TM marketing dept. has excelled here and the novelty factor is strong with this one. "Pure Malt" sounds awesome! It's a whiskey themed fragrance?! All that paired with a solid blend of notes...

Undeserving of the hype, but still really good.
28th October, 2018
I wore 3 spays of this to a Starbucks and a nice looking woman followed me over to my table just to ask what I was wearing. Works for me since I enjoy it as well. The sprayer sucks though.
27th October, 2018
hcr Show all reviews
I don't know what to say about this one. It's a strange bird. I can only say I prefer the original Amen and Pure Havane more than this.
12th September, 2018
Sexy, mature boozy. Great cold weather fragrance you can wear casual or dress it up. 8.5/10
21st August, 2018
This apparently smells like a fruity, sweet, dark and warm whiskey. I don't drink so I've never smelled whiskey before but the warm and slightly sweet alcoholic drink note is unmistakable in this (hence the name 'Pure Malt') while it has fruity nuances as well. For the fruits, I mainly detect the scent of mandarin orange, and it kind of reminds me of Terre d'Hermes. On the drydown it loses the fruity nuances and gains the chocolately and coffee nuanced of the original Mugler A*Men. Sillage is moderate while longevity is moderate as well at around 5 hours. By no means is this a beast though, and the sillage is subtle compared to the A*Men line in general. The scent is wonderful though. The bottle for this fragrance is interestingly designed and iconic as a part of the Mugler Angel Men line, but the plastic exterior collects dust easily and the sprayed is unfortunately one of tge worst I've ever experienced in a fragrance. The scent inside is great however so it makes up for it.

4.5/5