A*Men Pure Malt (2009)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Malt

A*Men Pure Malt is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Malt fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Malt

I love the way this smells on me. Very complex: cocoa, leather, tobacco, vanilla, and lots of other layers I don't have the nose to describe, all working in harmony with my chemistry.

What I don't like is the packaging. It looks like it should be next to the Axe products at Wal-Mart, not in my fragrance collection!
11th August, 2017
Blind bought this and I must have to say it smells really close to Guerlain L'Homme Ideal but the Guerlain seems more polished.
Overall, I'm not too impressed and it gave me a slight headache when I smelled it on my wrist which is somewhat curious as the longevity and projection are average at best.
6.5/10 from me, overrated fragrance.
25th July, 2017
I get a boozy edible caramel with fruits ..i don't get a straight up whiskey as such ..more a whiskey liqueur like drambuie, a very enjoyable gourmond type fragrance but contrary to others I get average performance in projection and longivity. I won't be replacing this but I will spray lots of it and enjoy it while I have it. I see this as a close quarters type fragrance, one for the cinema or a cosy night in. The original A*men d.n.a which is the backbone of these flankers could be paired with literally anything including sweaty socks and it will at worst smell interesting. I'm not in a rush tho to build up a mugler collection ..its a one in one out policy for me.
11th June, 2017
Previously bought Pure Coffee and really like it (I'm an avid coffee drinker and original A*Men enthusiast), so when I found Pure Malt and after reading the reviews here on Basenotes I had to try it.

Much like some of the other reviews, Pure Malt can be described as a "milder" version of A*Men. If you find the original to be too strong but you still enjoy the scent, this may be a good option for you.
07th June, 2017
Scent
What can I say? The scent itself is a warm fruity/chocolate/woody smell. Getting crazy compliments from girls and even guys, compliments like "I can eat you right now"!!

8.5/10

Longevity
My co-worker could smell this from 3 ft. away after 8 hours... "Dude are you respraying when you go the bathroom or what?"
This scent lasts me easily 14 hours. BEASTMODE!

Projection
Not even gonna talk about it.

Versatility
Perfect for cold weather days, can be used in the summer but be careful lol. Not perfect for formal occassions, can be too sweet but screw it still using it.

Total score: 91/100.

Bought 2 spare bottles for 50 EUR each. Go get it before they reformulate this one too.
14th February, 2017
Love this A*Men flanker!! From the moment I'd tested it to the many times wearing it afterwards, Pure Malt has been a real pleasure for me.

The malt scent is truly a nice heart of this scent. It has an overall balance to it between the spicy, woody, and sweet elements within. It's a much tamer version of the original A*Men, more predictable even.

Bravo for this very nice, long-lasting fragrance! ;^>
26th December, 2016