A*Men Pure Malt (2009)

HouseThierry Mugler
PerfumerJacques Huclier
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Malt

A*Men Pure Malt is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Malt fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Malt

One of the most overrated scents in history. Thick ( well I guess malt doesn't have the most subtle aroma in the world), heavily artificial and cloying to the point where it starts to interfere with my breathing.
18th February, 2018
This is the most overrated fragrance I own. I bought it because of the hype and paid full retail. It's a novelty fragrance that doesn't have much application in my everyday life. I could see wearing it on a Saturday or to a party, but not to work or church. Meh...
15th December, 2017
A more pleasant version of Amen with hints of something edible and something boozy. It does smell good but if you get annoyed with the original Amen then sometimes that's all you smell when wearing Pure Malt, which makes you start to wonder what others are smelling. But then someone will come up to you and tell you how good you smell, so it seems like the nuances of Pure Malt really come across well to others because this does garner compliments.

Pure malt projects and lasts, so you don't need to overspray.
21st November, 2017
I love the way this smells on me. Very complex: cocoa, leather, tobacco, vanilla, and lots of other layers I don't have the nose to describe, all working in harmony with my chemistry.

What I don't like is the packaging. It looks like it should be next to the Axe products at Wal-Mart, not in my fragrance collection!
11th August, 2017
Blind bought this and I must have to say it smells really close to Guerlain L'Homme Ideal but the Guerlain seems more polished.
Overall, I'm not too impressed and it gave me a slight headache when I smelled it on my wrist which is somewhat curious as the longevity and projection are average at best.
6.5/10 from me, overrated fragrance.
25th July, 2017
I get a boozy edible caramel with fruits ..i don't get a straight up whiskey as such ..more a whiskey liqueur like drambuie, a very enjoyable gourmond type fragrance but contrary to others I get average performance in projection and longivity. I won't be replacing this but I will spray lots of it and enjoy it while I have it. I see this as a close quarters type fragrance, one for the cinema or a cosy night in. The original A*men d.n.a which is the backbone of these flankers could be paired with literally anything including sweaty socks and it will at worst smell interesting. I'm not in a rush tho to build up a mugler collection ..its a one in one out policy for me.
11th June, 2017