A*Men Pure Malt (2009)

PerfumerJacques Huclier
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About A*Men Pure Malt

A*Men Pure Malt is a masculine fragrance by Thierry Mugler. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jacques Huclier

A*Men Pure Malt fragrance notes

Reviews of A*Men Pure Malt

This apparently smells like a fruity, sweet, dark and warm whiskey. I don't drink so I've never smelled whiskey before but the warm and slightly sweet alcoholic drink note is unmistakable in this (hence the name 'Pure Malt') while it has fruity nuances as well. For the fruits, I mainly detect the scent of mandarin orange, and it kind of reminds me of Terre d'Hermes. On the drydown it loses the fruity nuances and gains the chocolately and coffee nuanced of the original Mugler A*Men. Sillage is moderate while longevity is moderate as well at around 5 hours. By no means is this a beast though, and the sillage is subtle compared to the A*Men line in general. The scent is wonderful though. The bottle for this fragrance is interestingly designed and iconic as a part of the Mugler Angel Men line, but the plastic exterior collects dust easily and the sprayed is unfortunately one of tge worst I've ever experienced in a fragrance. The scent inside is great however so it makes up for it.

4.5/5
27th June, 2018
I smell a bad whisky in the opening, then just earth. Bitter and masculine. Too blunt. Uninteresting.
20th May, 2018
One of the most overrated scents in history. Thick ( well I guess malt doesn't have the most subtle aroma in the world), heavily artificial and cloying to the point where it starts to interfere with my breathing.
18th February, 2018
This is the most overrated fragrance I own. I bought it because of the hype and paid full retail. It's a novelty fragrance that doesn't have much application in my everyday life. I could see wearing it on a Saturday or to a party, but not to work or church. Meh...
15th December, 2017
A more pleasant version of Amen with hints of something edible and something boozy. It does smell good but if you get annoyed with the original Amen then sometimes that's all you smell when wearing Pure Malt, which makes you start to wonder what others are smelling. But then someone will come up to you and tell you how good you smell, so it seems like the nuances of Pure Malt really come across well to others because this does garner compliments.

Pure malt projects and lasts, so you don't need to overspray.
21st November, 2017
I love the way this smells on me. Very complex: cocoa, leather, tobacco, vanilla, and lots of other layers I don't have the nose to describe, all working in harmony with my chemistry.

What I don't like is the packaging. It looks like it should be next to the Axe products at Wal-Mart, not in my fragrance collection!
11th August, 2017

Add your review of A*Men Pure Malt

Shop for A*Men Pure Malt products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of A*Men Pure Malt