D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 (2009)
by Dolce & Gabbana

D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 information

Year of Launch2009

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerAurélien Guichard
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10

D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 is a shared / unisex perfume by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Aurélien Guichard

D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 fragrance notes

Reviews of D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10

A decent part of D&G's numbered series.

La Roue de la Fortune can be classified as a semi-gourmand oriental scent, with delicious vanilla and pineapple notes amidst an array of florals that creep this unisex fragrance more towards the feminine direction, IMO.

Benzoin crystals add a nice resinous sweet element, along with slight whiffs of powdery iris and heaps of patchouli.
I heard it suggested that La Roue resembles Thierry Mugler's Angel Extrait de Parfum; I had to check it out for myself, and I must say that there is an uncanny similarity there (coming from a ladies' perfume, that also increases the case for this fragrance being more feminine that masculine on the unisex scale).

I as a man can wear this without too much trouble, but women may flock to it more. Longevity is nice, and sillage is bold! Overall, La Roue de la Fortune to me is one of the better of this series by D&G.
05th December, 2018
Fragrantica has this classified as a women's fragrances:

For me: Great fragrance for a man...although it was said to have been marketed for women, when this first came out it was marketed for men Arghhhhh!!

Don't you just like it when those within the company's inner circle aren't sure how to distinguish their fragrances......I would have to say this fragrance is an amazing fragrance, in my opinion for a man; can be unisex, but it is lovely on me!
21st June, 2017
To my nose this is a female scent and not for men or unisex IMO. The scent itself is rather weak, doesn't project for more than two hours and on me was gone within 4 hours. I find that it smells synthetic, slightly sweet and for a younger crowd (anyone under 25). You should test before you buy and I wouldn't suggest this a blind buy at all.
14th July, 2016
Genre: Oriental

D&G offers its new “Fragrance Anthology” line niche style, in plain, (non-sequentially) numbered bottles. (Parfumerie Generale, Le Labo, anyone?) The five scents themselves are all hilariously bad. No. 1, Le Bateleur, is a fresh, aquatic sports fragrance so monumentally dull that I’m nodding off just thinking about it. No. 3, L’Imperatrice, is a crude, derivative, adolescent fruity-floral, for the likes of which neither I nor the world have any use. I took home samples of the other three scents for review: No. 6 and No. 10 because they showed faint signs that they might actually come to smell like something, and No. 18…well, because there was room for a third sample vial on the card, and it was the bottle in the front.

No. 10, La Roue de la Fortune, opens on the same artificial watermelon candy note as its sibling La Lune, then quickly morphs into an extra-sweet, flat, and disturbingly chemical vanilla custard gourmand that’s rendered even more obscenely caloric by an additional powdered sugar garnish. The upside, so to speak, is that the whole thing is far less potent than this sort of bland dessert often is. So see, it could have been worse.
12th June, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
very floral. light tuberose and jasmine blended nicely with mild patchouli. very understated unisex frag that does not project well but has average sillage. ok for spring/casual settings and nothing else.
22nd March, 2013
surge Show all reviews
I dismissed most of the D&G numbered series but going back into my "box of dead perfumes" I picked out this one and tried it out for a while...it's nice. It is kind of fem..however it's not one of those holy crap this is so feminine I can't wear it type of fragrances. Although I must admit, I am partial to feminine gourmands. Florals is where I draw the line.

The scent itself reminds me of something but I just can't put my finger on it.
It's definitely not original, but it's not worth throwing out either.

^_~
26th February, 2012

Add your review of D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10

Shop for D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 products online

Member images of D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10

There are no member images of D&G La Roue de la Fortune 10 yet. Why not be the first?