D&G La Lune 18 (2009)
    by Dolce & Gabbana

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 53 ratings

D&G La Lune 18 information

D&G La Lune 18 is a women's fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of D&G La Lune 18

Showing 1 to 6 of 14 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fruity Floral

D&G offers its new “Fragrance Anthology” line niche style, in plain, (non-sequentially) numbered bottles. (Parfumerie Generale, Le Labo, anyone?) The five scents themselves are all hilariously bad. No. 1, Le Bateleur, is a fresh, aquatic sports fragrance so monumentally dull that I’m nodding off just thinking about it. No. 3, L’Imperatrice, is a crude, derivative, adolescent fruity-floral, for the likes of which neither I nor the world have any use. I took home samples of the other three scents for review: No. 6 and No. 10 because they showed faint signs that they might actually come to smell like something, and No. 18…well, because there was room for a third sample vial on the card, and it was the bottle in the front.

No. 18, called La Lune, starts on a crass, chemical “froot” note that’s common to a few of the D&G Fragrance Anthology entries and decides to make a meal out of it. There’s not much else going on here. What (except a possible point of origin,) this note has to do with the moon eludes me entirely.

12th June, 2014

Darvant's avatar

Another musky-floral untemperamental and common. Some starting tart citrus (mostly lemon), a sharp tuberose, a touch of dry musk and nothing else. Really synthetic.

23rd September, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

After a liberal dousing, I got the distinct impression that the homeopathic principle of attempting to achieve potency through dilution must be the idea behind this fragrance. I doubt it works in homeopathy, and it certainly isn’t working here.
    About 15 minutes into this non-event an enervated whine arose from my skin. This is what it said: ‘I’m pale, I’m pink, I’m trying to be nice by just fading into a wash of girly sweetness. I have no contour, but to call me seamless would be a compliment. I’m now going to hang around here palely and sweetly at the periphery of your being in my shapeless shift dress, hoping you’ll like me.’
    Flat, synthetic, overblended rubbish aimed at pleasing newbies who enjoy fabric conditioner.

12th July, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

On the tester card, this fragrance is easily the most feminine of the series. The lily and tuberose are the most dominant notes to my nose. In fact I couldn't sense any woodsy or leathery notes at all.

I was rather enjoying the soft, powdery white floral blend which reminded me of a lighter, not as complex version of Fracas. I liked it enough to test it on my skin.

Oh the horror! When applied to my skin, the pretty white florals disappeared leaving behind strong leather and musky notes. Forget this fragrance being feminine, this is purely masculine on my skin.

It had an almost sour cream like smell, that was extremely off-putting to my nose. I'm a girly-girl, and as open-minded as I am, I couldn't possibly see myself wearing this and pulling it off.

The lasting power wasn't all that great, so thankfully the scent disappeared completely after a couple of hours.

Now this fragrance could work either way. If the La Lune agrees with your chemistry, then it's a beautiful, feminine, powdery white floral with refreshing and watery lily notes. If it disagrees with your chemistry (like it did with me), this is masculine, leathery and strong, perfectly suitable for a man to wear. Your skin will decide whether you'll like it or not.

26th June, 2011

hanna.sunden's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Utterly, utterly pointless. Does the world really need another fruity floral? The minimalist bottles and allegedly unisex approach flirts with niche perfumery, but this scent has nothing resembling a personality. On me it starts off with the usual "fresh feminine" accord incorporating the usual citrus (lemon, orange?), fruit (green apple, pear, peach?), a very clean rose. After a while it goes more fruity and very slightly spicy (cinnamon?) and you can detect some vague woody base, possibly sandalwood. Deeply uninteresting, YAWN.

02nd February, 2011

odysseusm's avatar

Notes: lily, tuberose, sandalwood, orris, musk, white leather.
    An odd scent. Elements go in various directions
    A brief floral opening, a bit acidic yet also quite sweet.
    Settles into a fruit punch and green banana skin chord.
    At times, a very light leather note may be detected.
    Cool, not a warm scent in any way.
    Translucent, in fact quite sheer.

11th January, 2011

Add your review of D&G La Lune 18

Search for on eBay United States

DOLCE & GABBANA - D & G - 18 LA LUNE - EAU DE TOILETTE - 0.67 OZ.
    • Time Left: 1 day