City Rain (2009)

City Rain information

Year of Launch2009

HouseNeil Morris Fragrances

About City Rain

City Rain is a shared / unisex perfume by Neil Morris Fragrances. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of City Rain

Neil Morris City Rain

No secret to anyone paying attention that I am a Neil Morris fan. I find all of his scents to be interesting and the 2009 release City Rain is no different in that regard. Mr. Morris likes to recreate an olfactory place with each of his scents and in City Rain his inspiration is the smell of the urban milieu after a hard rain. While City Rain gets that mostly right the only way this happens in my city is if I'm standing near a garden when this rain storm happens because there is a strong floral aspect in the heart of City Rain. The top of City Rain is a mix of green tea and ozonic notes, this gives the feeling of the smell you get just prior to the thunderstorm. The almost but not quite metallic tinge to the air. In the heart of City Rain the storm has passed on by and here is where the floral character of heliotrope and honeysuckle stand out. There is a wet quality to these floral notes which is appropriate. It is in the base where you get the real feel of the aftermath of an urban rain. Here is where I get that wet pavement smell which is both mineral-like and clean at the same time. The mix of the floral heart and the concrete accord persist for a long time before having a little musk warm things up as the sun comes out in this metaphorical rain storm. City Rain like all of Mr. Morris' scents has outstanding longevity and sillage. In most of Mr. Morris' fragrances I recognize the place he's taking me to and in City Rain I recognize many of the scents of the city after a late afternoon rain.
10th October, 2009
An aldehyde light floral, musk with ozone fragrance. The inspiration for this fragrance is the air after it rains in the city and it kind of smells like this. But . . this really does not hit that mark nearly as well as Demeter's Thunderstorm or others like it. I give it 1 star out of 4. 1/4.

14th September, 2009
First, the husband test: "Nice. Fresh. Water"

Since I am in fact at the beach , and having just spend the whole morning swimming, running, and breathing sea air, I can say without hesitation that this is nice, fresh _city_ water. No suntan oil, no salt. Likewise, no wet leaves or dewy buds.

I'm reminded of a paint color I love called "Wet Pavement:" cool and gray; damp but not dank; misty, not musty; watery, not wan. Like Caillebotte's oddly clean and pressed rendition of Paris in the rain.
10th July, 2009

Add your review of City Rain

Shop for City Rain products online

Search Amazon for City Rain

Member images of City Rain

There are no member images of City Rain yet. Why not be the first?