Bois Marocain (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Bois Marocain

Bois Marocain is a shared / unisex perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Bois Marocain

Can you get any drier? Super dry, super linear. Great scent if you want that one note wonder but for the price, there are similar scents out there that perform the same. Some very inexpensive...

But that's the genius of Tom Ford: simple fragrances that are of HIGH quality and you can't help but love.

More power to the rich.
30th June, 2015
A discontinued jewel of dry incense & cedar...

This is a wonderful incense fragrance. Pine-like (an authentic Moroccan Cedarwood note). Followed by dark green Cypress and incredibly authentic smoky incense. Without a doubt one of the best incense fragrances I've tried. I find it very dark and deep and resinous. A hint of pink pepper with the dry cedar and vetiver, combined with the incense makes it a wonderful creation. I am impressed with this one. Very dark, can be worn by men or women although I find the incense & cedar combination very dry and masculine to my nose. It's a real shame they discontinued this, and even Tom Ford mentioned it was one of his favourites from the Private Blend line (this was discontinued due to poor sales). I would welcome a re-release of this. It smells very different to other mainstream releases, has one of the best incense notes, and will be truly missed. A fantastic cedarwood & incense gem.
03rd October, 2014
I was a fan of J. Casanova pour Homme EdT and was very unhappy when it was discontinued, and now you cannot get it anywhere, but then Bois Marocain came to save the day.
It is practical identical to JC pH. The Arab heritage is patent (J. Casanova pH was made by a Saudi, and Marocain insinuates Arab roots).
The opening is the less pleasant part of this scent, to me it smells too much like pencil shavings, maybe too much cedar, but then the cypress becomes dominant and the incense start developing after 15-20 mins.
Then the best part, the drydown, it is incense and woods with a slight spiciness that has good sillage, unfortunately it lasts less than I would have liked it, but you can get a good 4-5 hours of it easy.
The pencil shavings prevents me from giving 5 stars to this perfume, but gets my thumbs up nevertheless.
I still prefer J. Casanova over Bois Marocain thou
24th January, 2014 (last edited: 13th February, 2014)
Niche incense and woods, just like everyone else is saying here. I smell a lot of green woody opoponax tied to a piney wood smell with a cedar-ish frankincense. By the base, it smells vaguely oud-ish, and the whole thing is quite sweaty. I don't find the woody sweat as off-putting as I do cumin, so it doesn't bother me, but I can see how it could get on someone's nerves.

All in all, I think Bois Marocain is a good woody incense perfume, but this is a genre with a lot of true greats in it. Up against, for example, the CDG Incense collection or some of the Duchoufour L'Artisans, Bois Marocain smells fine but not as compelling. I still think it deserves a thumbs up - it's surely good, but I don't think it's one of the best.
19th January, 2013
Basically an incensey one to me, an incense-oud fragrance. At the beginning you are encompassed by a sort of incensey (a barely smoky incense), peppery and averagely resinous piney cloud with sparks of pine and cypress swirling in a sort of almost dusty air. As well as some reviewers have already described, the dust is a bit synthetic kind and yet cedary and woody (i catch aoud and dried fruits), forcasting immediately the masculine "pencil shaving" kind of following woody dry down. As soon as the dusty incense starts fading indeed (just a bit but absolutely not at all), the base becomes basically woody-resinous (cypress, sandalwood, cedarwood and hints of oudh) to me, a bit too linear but solid, more natural and comforting. The juice manteins  till the end that sort of piney, slightly aromatic and resinous aura but is not a cool aroma cause turns finally out warmer and woodier. Projection and longevity are in the average.
02nd September, 2012 (last edited: 15th July, 2014)
Do you like woody fragrances?! you will adore this fragrance!
This is a woody fragrance at the best!!
When I sniffed this guy I fell in love with it and bought it immediately!
Very strong and smoky woody fragrance with really great quality and so natural scent.
In the opening you can smell very smoky and dark woody scent mixed with green vibe. this green feeling come from thuja and cypress which give the opening more character and make it more complex.
In the mid the incense settle down and very natural and beautiful woodsy notes dominate. very natural and relaxing smell. I can't stop sniffing my wrist!
The projection and longevity isn't that great but personally I don't care!!
I want something natural with great quality which worth my money and this one has it. so I'm really happy with my purchase.
And another thing, I find similarities between this and azzaro visit! so if you have and like azzaro visit, this is several levels higher than azzaro visit.
03rd August, 2012

Add your review of Bois Marocain

Shop for Bois Marocain products online

Search Amazon for Bois Marocain

Member images of Bois Marocain

There are no member images of Bois Marocain yet. Why not be the first?