Bois Marocain (2009)

Bois Marocain information

Bois Marocain is a unisex fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2009

Shop for Bois Marocain products online

Reviews of Bois Marocain

Showing 1 to 6 of 13 reviews.

tempest moon's avatar

A discontinued jewel of dry incense & cedar...

This is a wonderful incense fragrance. Pine-like (an authentic Moroccan Cedarwood note). Followed by dark green Cypress and incredibly authentic smoky incense. Without a doubt one of the best incense fragrances I've tried. I find it very dark and deep and resinous. A hint of pink pepper with the dry cedar and vetiver, combined with the incense makes it a wonderful creation. I am impressed with this one. Very dark, can be worn by men or women although I find the incense & cedar combination very dry and masculine to my nose. It's a real shame they discontinued this, and even Tom Ford mentioned it was one of his favourites from the Private Blend line (this was discontinued due to poor sales). I would welcome a re-release of this. It smells very different to other mainstream releases, has one of the best incense notes, and will be truly missed. A fantastic cedarwood & incense gem.

03rd October, 2014

PerfumeCollector's avatar

I was a fan of J. Casanova pour Homme EdT and was very unhappy when it was discontinued, and now you cannot get it anywhere, but then Bois Marocain came to save the day.
    It is practical identical to JC pH. The Arab heritage is patent (J. Casanova pH was made by a Saudi, and Marocain insinuates Arab roots).
    The opening is the less pleasant part of this scent, to me it smells too much like pencil shavings, maybe too much cedar, but then the cypress becomes dominant and the incense start developing after 15-20 mins.
    Then the best part, the drydown, it is incense and woods with a slight spiciness that has good sillage, unfortunately it lasts less than I would have liked it, but you can get a good 4-5 hours of it easy.
    The pencil shavings prevents me from giving 5 stars to this perfume, but gets my thumbs up nevertheless.
    I still prefer J. Casanova over Bois Marocain thou

24th January, 2014 (Last Edited: 13th February, 2014)

rogalal's avatar

Niche incense and woods, just like everyone else is saying here. I smell a lot of green woody opoponax tied to a piney wood smell with a cedar-ish frankincense. By the base, it smells vaguely oud-ish, and the whole thing is quite sweaty. I don't find the woody sweat as off-putting as I do cumin, so it doesn't bother me, but I can see how it could get on someone's nerves.

All in all, I think Bois Marocain is a good woody incense perfume, but this is a genre with a lot of true greats in it. Up against, for example, the CDG Incense collection or some of the Duchoufour L'Artisans, Bois Marocain smells fine but not as compelling. I still think it deserves a thumbs up - it's surely good, but I don't think it's one of the best.

19th January, 2013

Darvant's avatar

Basically an incensey one to me, an incense-oud fragrance. At the beginning you are encompassed by a sort of incensey (a barely smoky incense), peppery and averagely resinous piney cloud with sparks of pine and cypress swirling in a sort of almost dusty air. As well as some reviewers have already described, the dust is a bit synthetic kind and yet cedary and woody (i catch aoud and dried fruits), forcasting immediately the masculine "pencil shaving" kind of following woody dry down. As soon as the dusty incense starts fading indeed (just a bit but absolutely not at all), the base becomes basically woody-resinous (cypress, sandalwood, cedarwood and hints of oudh) to me, a bit too linear but solid, more natural and comforting. The juice manteins till the end that sort of piney, slightly aromatic and resinous aura but is not a cool aroma cause turns finally out warmer and woodier. Projection and longevity are in the average.

02nd September, 2012 (Last Edited: 15th July, 2014)

Kain's avatar

Iran Iran

Do you like woody fragrances?! you will adore this fragrance!
    This is a woody fragrance at the best!!
    When I sniffed this guy I fell in love with it and bought it immediately!
    Very strong and smoky woody fragrance with really great quality and so natural scent.
    In the opening you can smell very smoky and dark woody scent mixed with green vibe. this green feeling come from thuja and cypress which give the opening more character and make it more complex.
    In the mid the incense settle down and very natural and beautiful woodsy notes dominate. very natural and relaxing smell. I can't stop sniffing my wrist!
    The projection and longevity isn't that great but personally I don't care!!
    I want something natural with great quality which worth my money and this one has it. so I'm really happy with my purchase.
    And another thing, I find similarities between this and azzaro visit! so if you have and like azzaro visit, this is several levels higher than azzaro visit.

03rd August, 2012

kmfdm10392's avatar

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this scent. But it's terribly pricey. If you want a fantastic, quality woody incense grab a bottle of Kyoto by Comme des Garcons and save yourself about a hundred and forty dollars. I'm only giving it a neutral rating because of the price. I'm glad I splurged on the bottle but I won't be doing it again.

30th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 21st September, 2012)

Add your review of Bois Marocain

Search for on eBay United States

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND BOIS MAROCAIN EDP PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 oz / 50 ML
    • Time Left: 12 days
    TOM FORD BOIS MAROCAIN EAU DE PARFUM (PURE PERFUME) SPRAY - BRAND NEW
    • Time Left: 19 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Tom Ford Bois Marocain 6ml (6 ML) / 0.2 Oz Spray (Discontinued, Rare)
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 3 days
    RARE DISCONTINUED BEST SELLER TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND BOIS MAROCAIN 4ML SPRAY
    • Time Left: 26 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Tom Ford Bois Marocain Rare Cult Favorite Niche Fragrance 6ml (6 ML)/.2 Oz Spray
    • Time Left: 24 days
    RARE DISCONTINUED BEST SELLER TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND BOIS MAROCAIN RICH SCENT
    • Time Left: 26 days

Member images of Bois Marocain

There are no member images of Bois Marocain yet. Why not be the first?