Escale à Pondichéry (2009)
by Christian Dior

Escale à Pondichéry information

Year of Launch2009

HouseChristian Dior
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Escale à Pondichéry

Escale à Pondichéry is a feminine perfume by Christian Dior. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Escale à Pondichéry

Graceful, light and sparkling. Black tea with a bergamot top, so it smells like Earl Grey tea in the beginning. After the bergamot dries off, it still stays refreshing and bright, with citrus, sheer sparky spices - cardamom, pepper, and a vague light floral. It dries down to a more predominant tea note with some pale sandalwood and an echo of the citrus. Sometimes tea notes can become kind of gray on my skin, and this one did too at the end. It's not a bad smell, but a little flat, not entirely to my liking. The fragrance itself has a subtle sophistication that's welcome in a transparent breezy summer fragrance. Not much sillage, which is perfect for this type. It becomes a skin scent after three hours but it stays on the skin then, for a long while. Of the three Escalas I tried it's my least favorite..
16th April, 2015 (last edited: 19th April, 2015)
Genre: Citrus

I like Escale à Pondichéry much more than I thought I would. It’s essentially spiced bergamot and Camellia chinensis leaves in a beautiful and dead-accurate impersonation of a cup of Earl Grey tea. The idea is straightforward in its naturalism, but far more original than its comparatively plain eau de Cologne sibling, Escale à Portofino.

Escale à Pondichéry may be simple, but it’s also succulent, transparent, bright and refreshing. It may be ephemeral, but it’s also well-balanced, with superbly judged sillage and projection. After two to three hours’ wear, it dries down to a surprisingly warm and musky soft sandalwood skin scent. Escale à Pondichéry feels like a transcendent Asiatic variation on eau de Cologne, with some of the sweet spice you’d expect in an oriental scent, but none of the weight. This cake-without-the-calories effect recommends Escale à Pondichéry as warm weather alternative for oriental fans of either gender.
13th June, 2014
To repeat and confirm what other reviews have said, this perfume is a very interesting combination of bitter citrus and tea. The floral/sandalwood drydown is heavenly. Excellent evening warm weather scent. Unisex potential.
14th April, 2012
I have only recently become a tea drinker, and during this period of change, I've begun to enjoy the scent of tea in fragrances.

Escale a Pondichery, while not as strong as Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Rouge, is highlighted and softened by delicious citrus notes and jasmine.

I'm so glad that this fragrance is not harsh. The thought of tea and lemon made me cringe at first, but this blend is nothing to fear. It's so pleasant and refreshing that I could picture myself wearing this. In fact, one of my favourite Summer scents last year was Moschino Funny! which is slightly similar in terms of a tea note blended with citrus and floral notes.

This is a very sophisticated scent, with a suprisingly moderate amount of sillage and great lasting strength. The lady with the sun hat in the advertisement sums up this fragrance perfectly. It's Summery, crisp and classy.

It sparkles with vitality and youthfulness, however this fragrance is not for little girls. It is a pity that this fragrance is becoming harder and harder to find over the last few months.
24th March, 2012
Looking for a birthday gift for my 12 year old daughter I consulted my 'Tried list' for candidates. The local perfumery dished out 8-10 scents, that were all light enough for a blossoming girl, pleasant, sophisticated, light perhaps even understated. In the end it came down between this and Prada's Infusion d'Iris. I'm glad I went with this one. I love the tea note and in the last 6 months I've come to adore this scent. I think she's kicking off with a masterpiece. Time will tell.

NB! It just so happens that I enjoy 'Green Tea' for what it is. I'll certainly have to look into some masculine tea scents and also Versace's Bright Crystal. Thanks for the suggestion.
17th February, 2012
Well, this is certainly a boat that sailed without me.

After what seems like 10 seconds of light "Citrus" Escale a Pondichery on my skin turns into a death-match between a tired "Tea" note and a harsh industrial "Woody-Amber". It's as though a cheep dupe of Elizabeth Arden Green Tea were trying to strangle the dry-down of Versace Bright Crystal.

This is my first "Eau de Windex" experience and it's remarkably unpleasant.

To each his own.
24th August, 2011

Add your review of Escale à Pondichéry

Shop for Escale à Pondichéry products online

Shop for Escale à Pondichéry at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Escale à Pondichéry

Member images of Escale à Pondichéry

There are no member images of Escale à Pondichéry yet. Why not be the first?