Kenzoair Intense (2003)
    by Kenzo

Reviews of Kenzoair Intense

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Danthedude's avatar
    Danthedude

Was my all time favourite fragrance and my signature scent whilst it was available. So disappointed it's no longer in production. Beautiful fresh, woody scent. :-(

06 April, 2014

Possum-Pie's avatar
    Possum-Pie

The initial anise is light, which gives a salty aquatic feel to this fragrance. Luckily, the vetiver only plays a supporting role, which gives it a more woody than green odor.

27 January, 2013

Muzzer27's avatar
    Muzzer27
    Poland Poland

Hi everyone! Although I've been around on this website for a while, this is my very first review on ''basenotes''. Why now? I'm not sure. Maybe I thought this is the right time to share an opinion with you professional scent loving perfume sniffers, or maybe I just wanted to give Kenzo Air its credit, and boy-it really deserves some compliments. Ok, so much for an introduction. Let's cut to the chase: in my case Kenzo Air was a blind buy. All I wanted was a unique summer scent, so I starded to look for something fresh (but not trivial) that would appeal to my rahter individual personality. Having once tried summer scents of the likes of Carolina Herrera Aqua or Versace Pour Homme, I was looking forward to something totally different. And I mean different, something even on the verge of oddness, a harmless olfactory weirdo, a genious maverick of a scent. Browsing dozens of websites and reading loads of reviews, I finally came across a captivating and mesmerizing contraption called Kenzo Air. Without much ado, tempted by its favourable basenote opinions and an enchanting bottle, I decided to give it a shot. So far I’ve never regreted my decision, not for a microsecond. This scent is marvellous and very different from most plain aquatic scents. Anise goes on top from the first spray and it stays on you all the time. The projection is quite moderate, but the sillage is very good, and the longevity is simply top notch! Even if you think it’s gone, believe me, it surrounds you all day long, giving those around you a pleasant feeling of an invigorating and soothing whiff of air once you pass them or a gentle breeze touching your skin when they stand close to you. It's not a conspicuous scent, not that ''Everybody-listen-up-I’m-here'' or ''Please-pay-attention'' type of scent. Rather than that, it’s more discrete, clandestine, somewhat vigilant, a ''Hidden Dragon, Crouching Tiger'' of scents, seems absent, but appears every time you need it. I’ve tried a few scents in my life, some of them I liked, some of them not, there are even some scents I would like to go back to out of sentiment, but Kenzo Air is the one I love and I cannot imagine myself giving it up, ever. If I had to pick my signature scent – this would be it. By the way, I get compliments by literally everyone I know who caught me in the act of wearing Kenzo Air. It may not be sophisticated, but considering the charm of the scent combined with the incredible bottle, it’s a masterpiece worth every penny.

01st August, 2012 (Last Edited: 02 August, 2012)

alfarom's avatar
    alfarom

An underrated gem.

It happened by accident that I layered two fragrances. I was testing Encre Noir to write my final review and instead of spraying it on an unscented smelling strip, I sprayed it on a piece of paper on which I previously tested Etro's Anice.
    What a suprise to smell the anisic aspect of vetiver amphasized by the real anise note. Especially in the drydown when the two perfumes blended perfectly together.

Well, I found Kenzo Air Intense / Kenzo Air to have a very similar vibe to the above scenario and despites probably not being as praised as Encre Noir, it still has a great charme. Peppery, anisic, funny. Chemical? Yes, most definitely, but very well blended. Does great in warm weather.

If you're wondering about the differencies between the "intense" version and the original, well, I haven't found a substantial one. The "intense" is exactly like the original version but a little bit stronger, that's it.

Rating: 7.5/10

11th May, 2011 (Last Edited: 27 March, 2012)

rickbr's avatar
    rickbr
    Brazil Brazil

They got the name right. Kenzo Air, even in the intense version, is an airy fragrance of woods and spice. The intense version seems to go more in an anisic direction and lasting a little bit longer than the original one. But still, this isn`t a powerhouse, and you have to spray a lot to get moderate sillage and longevity. It`s a light, airy woody fragrance that seems perfect for a working environment. At first, you have a spicy opening of anise, and then, when the fragrance develops on skin, you have a synthetic vetiver that isolates the leafy and woody sides of this aroma without using the smoky, rubber ones. Paired with what seems to be some iso-e-super and musk, the linear woody aroma creates a shiny, ultra-light woody experience. If you spray a lot, you`ll be able to detect it in a low voice during all the day. If not, it`ll probably last 4 or 5 hours. I like it on summer days where the heat is unbearable that you need a fragrance like this, that it`s not dominant on any moment. But i can see that this is not a masterpiece tough, just a nice and uncomplicated fragrance. Maybe too simple, i confess, but i really enjoy the light vetiver effect that this one creates.

18 January, 2011

Bonoanimoes's avatar
    Bonoanimoes
    Netherlands Netherlands

Exotic Scent, TOP NOTES are - caraway, anise and bergamot; MIDDLE NOTES are - tahitian vetiver and angelica; BASE NOTES are - amber, white woods and vetiver.
    Sillage is descent, it's spicy, woody, dry, Masculine, projects it very well.
    Yong, trendy, masculine, daily wear, age ranging from 20 till 40 years old. NOT AN OBVIOUS scent!

12 January, 2011