Kenzoair Intense (2003)

Based on 21 ratings

Kenzoair Intense information

Kenzoair Intense is a men's fragrance by Kenzo. The scent was launched in 2003

Reviews of Kenzoair Intense

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 8 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Colin Maillard's avatar

Notes-wise, Kenzoair Intense is practically identical to Kenzoair, but correcting its only and main deal-breaker: the lightness and closeness to skin. Finally this Intense version gives that “potentially beautiful” scent the projection and the “stereo boost” it deserved. Which doesn’t mean this is a bold scent; actually, it means just that you can finally smell Kenzoair, and finally for some hours. If you aren’t familiar with Kenzoair, it’s basically a really clean, contemporary, tremendously refined minimalistic aqueous-vetiver-anise scent, bright and crisp like a freshly-cleaned window glass, still with some water drops on it. Breezy and cozy like a very few else vetiver scents. The vetiver here is soft, mellow, salty, not the most realistic or rich around but that’s the beauty of it here, rounded by something like cashmere wood. It quite reminds me of Encre Noire, just more bracing, sophisticated and transparent. Encre Noire is thicker and a tad more synthetic, while Kenzoair smells just more “airy”, slightly watery-mineral too. Delightful and classy, with a perfectly gentle drydown, bright and quite close to skin. An uplifting mineral-woody gem, which I personally prefer over the original.

20th April, 2015

rbaker's avatar

The opening is a delightfully simple, but convincing blend of a bright, fresh and light vetiver with a delicious anise. The vetiver lacks any earth darkness, and the anise is clear but more on the restrained side, like this fragrance overall. In the drydown the vetiver and the anise remain present, with a whiff of angelica added, and light woodsy impressions are added in the final phases. The anise is more present than in the fresher original. Soft sillage and limited projection, with about five hours of longevity. Unobtrusive and restrained; great for warmer spring days.

04th October, 2014

Danthedude's avatar

Was my all time favourite fragrance and my signature scent whilst it was available. So disappointed it's no longer in production. Beautiful fresh, woody scent. :-(

06th April, 2014

Possum-Pie's avatar

The initial anise is light, which gives a salty aquatic feel to this fragrance. Luckily, the vetiver only plays a supporting role, which gives it a more woody than green odor.

27th January, 2013

Muzzer27's avatar

Poland Poland

Hi everyone! Although I've been around on this website for a while, this is my very first review on ''basenotes''. Why now? I'm not sure. Maybe I thought this is the right time to share an opinion with you professional scent loving perfume sniffers, or maybe I just wanted to give Kenzo Air its credit, and boy-it really deserves some compliments. Ok, so much for an introduction. Let's cut to the chase: in my case Kenzo Air was a blind buy. All I wanted was a unique summer scent, so I starded to look for something fresh (but not trivial) that would appeal to my rahter individual personality. Having once tried summer scents of the likes of Carolina Herrera Aqua or Versace Pour Homme, I was looking forward to something totally different. And I mean different, something even on the verge of oddness, a harmless olfactory weirdo, a genious maverick of a scent. Browsing dozens of websites and reading loads of reviews, I finally came across a captivating and mesmerizing contraption called Kenzo Air. Without much ado, tempted by its favourable basenote opinions and an enchanting bottle, I decided to give it a shot. So far I’ve never regreted my decision, not for a microsecond. This scent is marvellous and very different from most plain aquatic scents. Anise goes on top from the first spray and it stays on you all the time. The projection is quite moderate, but the sillage is very good, and the longevity is simply top notch! Even if you think it’s gone, believe me, it surrounds you all day long, giving those around you a pleasant feeling of an invigorating and soothing whiff of air once you pass them or a gentle breeze touching your skin when they stand close to you. It's not a conspicuous scent, not that ''Everybody-listen-up-I’m-here'' or ''Please-pay-attention'' type of scent. Rather than that, it’s more discrete, clandestine, somewhat vigilant, a ''Hidden Dragon, Crouching Tiger'' of scents, seems absent, but appears every time you need it. I’ve tried a few scents in my life, some of them I liked, some of them not, there are even some scents I would like to go back to out of sentiment, but Kenzo Air is the one I love and I cannot imagine myself giving it up, ever. If I had to pick my signature scent – this would be it. By the way, I get compliments by literally everyone I know who caught me in the act of wearing Kenzo Air. It may not be sophisticated, but considering the charm of the scent combined with the incredible bottle, it’s a masterpiece worth every penny.

01st August, 2012 (Last Edited: 02nd August, 2012)

alfarom's avatar

An underrated gem.

It happened by accident that I layered two fragrances. I was testing Encre Noir to write my final review and instead of spraying it on an unscented smelling strip, I sprayed it on a piece of paper on which I previously tested Etro's Anice.
    What a suprise to smell the anisic aspect of vetiver amphasized by the real anise note. Especially in the drydown when the two perfumes blended perfectly together.

Well, I found Kenzo Air Intense / Kenzo Air to have a very similar vibe to the above scenario and despites probably not being as praised as Encre Noir, it still has a great charme. Peppery, anisic, funny. Chemical? Yes, most definitely, but very well blended. Does great in warm weather.

If you're wondering about the differencies between the "intense" version and the original, well, I haven't found a substantial one. The "intense" is exactly like the original version but a little bit stronger, that's it.

Rating: 7.5/10

11th May, 2011 (Last Edited: 27th March, 2012)

Add your review of Kenzoair Intense

Search for on eBay United States

Kenzoair Intense 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray By KENZO FOR MEN
    • Listing Type: eBay Store
    • Time Left: 20 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)

Member images of Kenzoair Intense

There are no member images of Kenzoair Intense yet. Why not be the first?