Chamarré (2009)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseMona di Orio
PerfumerMona di Orio

About Chamarré

Chamarré is a shared / unisex perfume by Mona di Orio. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Mona di Orio

Chamarré fragrance notes

Reviews of Chamarré

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast is a bright and luminous ode to classic Chanel-No-5-like aldehydic compositions, with a green and sunny sage not dominant in me, intertwined with a beautiful lavender. The latter does not appear very traditional in character, but is more of a postmodern trimmed and slimmed down version that works well with its herbal partner.

The centre stage is unequivocally floral; a more traditional violaceous iris with a rose that at times appears a touch too timid and withdrawn to be a become a major player in this stage. Then a lovely, elegant and well-integrated opoponax gives the begin of the base an additional twist, well-complemented by woodsy-ambery impression in the background.

The sillage is quite strong; this scent has excellent projection and an amazing longevity of fourteen hours on my skin. Brilliant!

A wonderful creation for spring, superbly structured and blended out of top-quality ingredients without the strong waxiness that characterises quite a few of Mona di Orio's products. A favourite of this house. 3.5/5
11th December, 2015
Chamarre is a Mona di Orio's tribute to the classic aldehydic/ambery floral bouquet and the perfume strikes us by soon for its huge amount of aldehydes and since performing initially in to a sort of weird rosey/viney (musky/aromatic) and powdery chypre way. There is immediately a consistent dose of aromatic and dry/talky brightness in the air but I suppose several soapy-animalic patterns instill for a while their somewhat dirty (to me viney) influence emerging from the background. I detect a touch of the Chanel N.5's powdery translucent appearance which seems to be ideally combined with a tad of the barber-shop/soapy/mossy/leathery (castoreum supported) Arrogance Pour Homme's (or Rochas Homme's) slightly detergent (cleaning room-like) performance. I detect also a tad of the Caleche's (and Amouage Gold Woman's) aldehydic chypre floral hyper refinement. The iris/violet accord starts rising higher after a while enhancing the general powdery/balmy (slightly lip-stick) effect. The dry down is dominated by soft (but carnal) myrrh, silky powdery woods and amber in a cloud of soapy balminess enriched by a subtle and changeful floral valzer absolutely satisfactory and complex. The general atmosphere is nobiliar, decadent, indolent and "Palatin" in a sort of diaphanous and inaccessible way. A royal new generation attempt to re-generate to golden glory of the past.
09th June, 2014 (last edited: 07th January, 2015)
Intriguing. Violet-iris opening, lavender and vetiver notes (it's not listed, but Mona di Orio once said she loved vetiver so much she put it in every scent she made... and in fact, I can feel it's there), opoponax-vanillin notes. Simple, yet great. Powdery and sweet, but not in a sticky neither a gourmand meaning – rather silky, talcum, powdery, thanks to aldehydes (which give a dry, metallic, aerial shape) and cashmeran (again, not listed, but it's there, a palpable, silky, mellow, acceptably synthetic woody feel at the very base). A white-rose opaline scent, the smell of a neoclassic statue, luminous and decadent, and so nicely powdery – almost chalky. The rose is there, although much restrained, just a drop of colour. After a while it gets slightly breezy and balsamic, a lively breathe of air on this beautiful dusty white statue. Quite unique in its own way, poetic and deep, and much delicate... actually maybe too much, hence my relatively low rating: it took me quite a hard time to get "into" this scent. Close to skin and really light, but decently persistent.

7,5/10
25th April, 2014 (last edited: 26th April, 2014)
BayKAT Show all reviews
Mona di Orio is the Lada Gaga of fragrances. You'll sniff at her creations and think "that's odd, but I'm kind of drawn to it out of morbid curiousity to see what it will do next."

This is my third scent from this line, and I can now understand why it was a hard sell. These just don't open favorably. This one I applied heavily to my wrists and not so heavily to my decollete. I soon started sneezing and thought 'this just stinks'. The opening is somewhere between dusty and carboard fragranced by a bland floral.

The middle phase lightens up and becomes warmer, and makes for an OK skin scent; but still holds on to that cardboard note. I can't believe i'm goign to say this, because i'm not a floral person, but I ish this was a bit 'sweeter'.

Oiro remains my favorite from this line, and I would say Chamarre is better than Jabu to my nose.
18th May, 2010

Add your review of Chamarré

Shop for Chamarré products online

Member images of Chamarré

There are no member images of Chamarré yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Chamarré