Eau d'Iparie (2001)

Eau d'Iparie information

Year of Launch2001

HouseL'Occitane

About Eau d'Iparie

Eau d'Iparie is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Occitane. The scent was launched in 2001

Eau d'Iparie fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau d'Iparie

rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast presents a warm mix of labdanum, rose and a slightly sweetish spicy undertone - with a glowing warmth but nonetheless with hints of crispness owing to the labdanum and added touches of patchouli.

In the drydown a herbal character emanates, and now the myrrhe develops, although the latter never really dominates - this is no Myrrhe Ardente. This is accentuated by a pleasant incense undertone, which is never intrusive or cloying; this incense trends a touch towards the restrainedly ceremonial but is devoid of any campherous or medicinal characteristics on my skin. Towards the base the sweetness is a bit more prominent, albeit not in one's face but more discrete, and this all peters out very slowly.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and seven hours of longevity - but for the last couple of hours it remains very close to my skin.

A lovely autumnal creation, with a nicely done and rich entrée with good touches of originality, and a drydown that is more restrainedly gentle but pleasant, albeit close to my skin towards the end. 3.25/5.
08th November, 2016
The opening of this perfume is warm, rosey & resinous, in a way reminiscent of the original Monsoon. After this, though, it soon begins to take it's own distinctive path. l detect a crisp, green note, rather like papyrus, which lends an unexpectedly cool freshness to the mix. ln the heart, there is a strangely bittersweet & astringent note, which l'm guessing is the myrrh. Two hours in, l get an impression of woods, & another hour later, l begin to notice the incense note as it all starts to warm up again. After four hours, just as l think l might actually like it, it all fades away.
l'm giving this one a neutral because l cannot decide how l feel about it yet. l was expecting something altogether warmer & spicier, & that bitter middle phase didn't quite work for me. lt may be that this will work better in the heat than in cold weather, & so l will be giving it another chance or three. l do think that it would work well on a man.
11th June, 2012
I so wanted to love this. I had a little on a tester card and on the strength of that I asked for some for Christmas. When I sprayed it on myself, it was so mind-blowingly overpowering that I had to go and try to wash it off. And I couldn't! It's one of theose scents which I can understand is beautiful on certain other people, but definitely not on me. I agree with the reviewer who said it evokes Christmas. That's a fabulous description of this fragrance. But it's too cloying and heavy for me. I like fragrances you can build up the strength in. I'm sitting here with a cloud of Lolita Lempicka around me, but that's only because I sprayed it so many times today. All was not lost, though, as I gave my unused Eau d'Iparie to a perfume loving aunt who totally adores it and says it takes her back to Majorca in the 1970s and a Spanish soap which was so beautiful she used to keep the wrapper in her drawer at home to perfume her lingerie.
07th March, 2012
Kaern Show all reviews
What a gorgeous little present I received for Christmas. I thought it was gioing to open up very dry, dusty and nose tingling, but it's quite sweet and rosey with just a mere hint of patchouli. The drydown is where this fragrance is at though with the waxy labdanum, myrhh and vanilla coming in to their own. The end is a wonderful accord of notes, masterly blended.
29th December, 2011
A friend introduced Eau d'Iparie to me. On her skin it was magnificent and sofisticated. Then today I tried it on myself. First sniff: rose. Second sniff: myrr. Later: just a sweet sweet honey without any personality and most of all withou class. Not a hint of incence. Its a pity ... I liked it so much on my friend. This scent is a clear evidence of how important is to try perfumes on the skin!
20th December, 2010
Interesting! Applied with a nice warm patchouli and roses, not heavy. The patchouli dried off quickly (how patchouli acts as a top note, I will never know) and settled into an incense-spice fresh rose with a nice resiny base. Wears very close. Despite the patchouli disappearing too quickly, I am liking this a lot.
13th April, 2010

Add your review of Eau d'Iparie

Shop for Eau d'Iparie products online

Search Amazon for Eau d'Iparie

Member images of Eau d'Iparie

There are no member images of Eau d'Iparie yet. Why not be the first?