L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme (2005)
    by Guerlain

Average Rating: 4.5

Based on 413 ratings

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme information

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme is a men's fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme

Showing 1 to 6 of 70 reviews.

Lewy's avatar

Simply incredible. Easily in the top 5 fragrances out there at the moment.

Enough has been said about this one, it surely is a masterpiece. What I find important to mention is that LIDGE is really NOT a pleasant-to-everybody scent. It sounds cheesy, but you need to be a man with monster self-confidence to pull this off. I read comments how nice, warm and inviting it smells and that it doesn't offend anyone. I'm telling you, it's not. Never wear this in the office, at family dinners or when you go out shopping. It's too elegant, too sexy and more importantly, too strong for these type of situations.

It lasts and projects like a beast and in my experience, many will find it overbearing (especially if oversprayed). So go easy on the trigger and wear it to special occasions only.

Pros: smells just incredible and lasts forever
    Cons: lasts forever (never thought I'd say this is also a con, but easy 12 hours on my dry skin is simply too much)

I can't understand the negative reviews here and on Youtube. Yes, it's not one that everyone gets down with, but nobody can deny its quality, originality and elegance. There's just no way this could get a negative or neutral rating.

11th October, 2014

tempest moon's avatar

This is the first time I will admit that, a flanker is better than the original!

This version is deeper, richer, and more intoxicating. I can't stop smelling my wrist when I try it out! I get the resins, anise and hibiscus, and jasmine and patchoulli. Followed by a strong base of rich, dark bitter cacao. It's wonderful to smell, very addictive!

I'm a huge Guerlain fan and I love the house very much. L'Instant pour Homme is definitely an interesting one. There is a lot going on and it does smell extremely nice, almost intoxicating.

Describing this one is interesting... It is supposedly inspired by the food of North Africa and the Middle East, with the honeyed, caramel chocolate and the strong anise liqueur vibe, hibiscus flower, and strong tea aroma. It is definitely interesting. As always I do love the 'Guerlainade' (Guerlain's signature) dry-down of Rose, Jasmine, Orris Root, Tonka Bean and Resins. It's still very appealing and I certainly give Guerlain the credit for it.

The quality is fantastic here and I love what the late Béatrice Piquet has done with this creation(it won an international award after all!). I read that she tried to evoke an impression of 'cold light' or 'luminescence', and I totally get that from the combination of bright citrus and the creamy sandalwood/cocoa. I do both appreciate and understand the concept, and respect her for doing that. I also really think this could almost be like a modern, updated 'Habit Rouge' for the 21st Century, as I definitely think it pays homage to that creation. I must also say that I really enjoy the bottle, with it's Art Deco style. Very nice touch.

Overall, although I highly commend Guerlain for this interesting creation... I actually like this Eau de Parfum version much more than the EDT. I believe that everything Guerlain does is both enjoyable and exquisite!

02nd July, 2014

The opening gives out a totally excellent semi-resinous accord. The spruce’s super-resin and the rich star anise platform are tamed considerably by the citrus notes resulting in this ingenious grouping that is rife with richness, resinousness, and delicacy all in one accord. …Totally, totally excellent.

The heartnotes present a smooth full-bodied mixed accord different in substance from the opening because all resinousness is gone and the platform note has become a patchouli / jasmine platform cut and lightened a bit by the neroli note and given a broader diversity by the piney-smoky Lapsang tea note. The smoky tea note at this point is another stroke of genius. The heart of the fragrance is not quite as dramatic as the opening but that is not really the job of heartnotes: Heartnotes are meant for medium lasting power, and drama seldom lasts in a fragrance. This middle accord is what it should be: rich, broad, and wonderfully long lasting. Excellent.

To my nose, the base operates on a platform of patchouli and sandalwood with sporadic hits of deep, dark cocoa and spicy hibiscus seed. I’m not sure that I get the cedar note that is supposed to be there. The base platform is not as rich as the heart accord, but the occasional appearances of cocoa enriches it and the hibiscus provides an occasional spicy variation.

There’s no doubt in my mind that this is a great fragrance. It is creative, full, rich, and has occasional bursts of compelling diversity. Its performance on my skin is stellar. It is an easy fragrance to “get right.” But I probably won’t buy it because I find it quite similar to the not-Extreme version. True, the opening of Extreme contains a much broader, fuller, richer, more resinous accord, but I find the remainder similar to the original although in a much less concrete form. If I were now making the decision of which one to buy, I would definitely chose Extreme, but the original is excellent, I wear it often. I would purchase Extreme if it were readily available, but at the prices being asked added to the difficulty in finding it, I’m pleased to stay with my original L’Instant…

09th February, 2014

rum's avatar

Greece Greece

A groundbreaking fragrance by Guerlain.
    This scent belongs to the gourmand group of fragrances, one that is becoming increasingly popular in our times.
    It opens with a refreshing blast of orange/citrus notes and settles down to a chocolate desert-like scent. Or should I say flavour? Think of a popular chocolate-orange snack and you won't be far off what this smells like. There's a bit of jasmine and patchouli hidden in there which just makes it that extra bit more special than other gourmands out there.
    Of course, you don't have to be a chocaholic to appreciate this one, but it is a sweet scent nonetheless.

09th January, 2014

dno101's avatar

Outstanding. If Pierre Marcolini did fragrances...

14th December, 2013

fhri's avatar

Perfect two

After having the edt learned that edp is also produced. Was searching for that as the edt is great. Now as i do have also edp iam very happy one. They are relatives no question but edp is more chocolate like great and having incredible longevity on me. So pleased with them both. edt, edp. recommended not for all (i want to keep those all to me :-)

Pros: Very nice chocolate like dry down extra longevity.
    Cons:

04th August, 2013

Add your review of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme

Search for on eBay United States

New and Sealed L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Pour Homme 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum EDP
    • Time Left: 21 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    L'INSTANT DE GUERLAIN POUR HOMME EXTREME 75ML/2.5OZ EDP SPRAY/ FREE SHIPPING!
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from Singapore)
    L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Men EDP 2.5 oz 75ml NEW
    • Time Left: 14 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    L'INSTANT DE GUERLAIN POUR HOMME EAU EXTREME EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 75ML /2.5OZ.NIB
    • Time Left: 18 days