Yellow Sea
    by Micallef

Reviews of Yellow Sea

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.

Buysblind's avatar
    Buysblind

Yellow Sea is an interesting scent. It begins as a milky, citrus fragrance and develops into a warm, slightly spicy amber and incense accord that is sweet and comforting. It's easy to wear and pretty much appropriate for any type of situation, casual or formal. This is how I had hoped Allure Homme would develop, but where Allure becomes sickeningly sweet and more cloying with time, Yellow Sea mellows into a calm and inviting amber base, retaining just a touch of the bergamot and orange from its opening. The more I wear it, the more I like it. Projection is good, longevity moderate. Yellow Sea would work equally well in all but the hottest weather. If you're looking for a citrus-oriental, check this one out--and do it now--because from what I understand M.Micallef has discontinued the Sea line and Yellow Sea is no longer in production. That's a shame, because this is definitely a good one. I'm just glad I found a bottle while I could.

22 February, 2012

drseid's avatar
    drseid

This is a tough review for me to write, as Yellow Sea is a difficult fragrance to describe. The notes are extremely well-blended so it is difficult to pinpoint individual notes... That said, I think I smell lemon and bergamot up top (staying around for the heart notes) then also in the heart I get an incense and patchouli accord peeping through drying down to an amber base. I am sure that is not a perfect representation of all the notes in Yellow Sea, but it is just a very refined and complex scent by Micallef. I guess I pretty much get a very nice semi-sweet light citrus/fresh oriental that is extremely versatile, unique and easy to wear. Longevity, sillage and projection are all average here. Bottom line is I like Yellow Sea a lot and highly recommend it. 4.5 out of 5 stars for this hidden gem (now regrettably discontinued).

06 October, 2011 (Last Edited: 02 June, 2012)

Add your review of Yellow Sea