Yellow Sea
by Micallef

Yellow Sea information

HouseMicallef

About Yellow Sea

Yellow Sea is a shared / unisex perfume by Micallef.

Reviews of Yellow Sea

Yellow Sea is an interesting scent. It begins as a milky, citrus fragrance and develops into a warm, slightly spicy amber and incense accord that is sweet and comforting. It's easy to wear and pretty much appropriate for any type of situation, casual or formal. This is how I had hoped Allure Homme would develop, but where Allure becomes sickeningly sweet and more cloying with time, Yellow Sea mellows into a calm and inviting amber base, retaining just a touch of the bergamot and orange from its opening. The more I wear it, the more I like it. Projection is good, longevity moderate. Yellow Sea would work equally well in all but the hottest weather. If you're looking for a citrus-oriental, check this one out--and do it now--because from what I understand M.Micallef has discontinued the Sea line and Yellow Sea is no longer in production. That's a shame, because this is definitely a good one. I'm just glad I found a bottle while I could.

22nd February, 2012
drseid Show all reviews
This is a tough review for me to write, as Yellow Sea is a difficult fragrance to describe. The notes are extremely well-blended so it is difficult to pinpoint individual notes... That said, I think I smell lemon and bergamot up top (staying around for the heart notes) then also in the heart I get an incense and patchouli accord peeping through drying down to an amber base. I am sure that is not a perfect representation of all the notes in Yellow Sea, but it is just a very refined and complex scent by Micallef. I guess I pretty much get a very nice semi-sweet light citrus/fresh oriental that is extremely versatile, unique and easy to wear. Longevity, sillage and projection are all average here. Bottom line is I like Yellow Sea a lot and highly recommend it. 4.5 out of 5 stars for this hidden gem (now regrettably discontinued).
06th October, 2011 (last edited: 02nd June, 2012)

Add your review of Yellow Sea

Shop for Yellow Sea products online

Search Amazon for Yellow Sea

Member images of Yellow Sea

There are no member images of Yellow Sea yet. Why not be the first?