Patchouli (2006)

Patchouli information

Year of Launch2006

HouseMicallef

About Patchouli

Patchouli is a shared / unisex perfume by Micallef. The scent was launched in 2006

Patchouli fragrance notes

Reviews of Patchouli

This is a great fragrance.
If you like earthy fragrances you should definitely check this out.
The opening is an amazing mix of extremely earthy patchouli and amber.
The patchouli note has a little different feeling in different fragrances but this is the earthiest vibe ever I've got in fragrances with patchouli in it.
The amber note is warm, sweet and smooth. it's not resinous or woody. it's just a warm, pleasant and sweet amber, something like HdP Amber 114.
As time goes by you have exactly the same smell but now some musk kicked in.
The mid of this fragrance is a little less sweet but still warm, sweet and sooooo earthy!
In the base I've got a spicy scent beside other notes. I can smell cardamom and pepper but they are not in the note breakdown!
Maybe that's because of labdanum that give me that feeling but anyway I can smell spice in the base of this fragrance which is a really nice touch.
If you like "SL Borneo 1834" with that sweet ambery, chocolaty and earthy smell check this out. it's one of the best in this genre.
Projection is good and longevity is awesome. longevity is something between 10-12 hours on my skin and it's amazing.
Loved it.
30th January, 2014
I find this fragrance perfectly pleasant and also pretty original- I admit I can’t possibly know all the fragrances on the market, niche or mainstream, but the only similarity I’ve found so far is with Maria Candida Gentile’s Exultat (composed in 2009). It opens with a gust of freshness and light, citrus and violet leaf, then deepens and enriches in a beautiful vetiver- incense and- at last!- patchouli heart. Here comes my first complaint: the patchouli, though powerful and full bodied, lasts for too short a time and leaves no further traces… The drydown is sweet and ambery, alas ruined for me by a fastidious and rather banal musky note. On the whole, a fragrance you could enjoy, provided you’re not looking for one in which patchouli is the star note.
14th March, 2013
drseid Show all reviews
I generally dislike patchouli dominant scents, so I blind bought this one with a great fear it was not going to work for me. I should not have feared anything, as I like Patchouli from Micallef quite a lot. It is not a straight-up patchouli scent as the name might make one suspect. Instead the patchouli is accompanied by woody notes (cedar, I suspect) and earthy vetiver. They add some "dirtiness" to the patchouli to make it much more tolerable. Patchouli is only slight sweet (thankfully), and projects like crazy with above average longevity. Bottom line is Patchouli by Micallef succeeds in being a unisex patchouli scent that can be enjoyed even by those that do not care for the primary note as a general rule. This 3.5 stars out of 5 juice is very good stuff, and recommended.
02nd January, 2012 (last edited: 26th December, 2012)
Another patchouli fragrance in which this ingredient occupies the 90% of the whole scene. It starts with a touch of citrus leaning on the orangy side and morphs in to an hippy and musky patchouli with several nuances of violet. The violet leaves presence is faint in the air and any trace of coolness manages to emerge despite the fragrance is averagely dry and woodsy. The violets provide a touch of lymphatic obscurity but not a certain level of sophistication. The fragrance for example lacks that subtle level of articulated sophistication that in the Patchouli Noir by Il Profvmo is imprinted by mint, sensual flowers, balsams and poppy. This is a good quality fragrance for sure but lacks any element of peculiarity and distinctiveness. It's basically a patchouli, an almost dry patchouli that I guess to many could come out in to a not so captivating (if not decidedly boring) way. I don't smell traces of animalism or brewing process in its evolution as for instance happens in the Mazzolari's patchoulies or in Muscs Koublai khan and Absolue Pour Le Soir (that are not straightforward patchouli based concoctions).
08th June, 2011 (last edited: 21st July, 2014)
BayKAT Show all reviews
I have to believe that if a perfumer is going to put another patchouli fragrance on the market, they better have a novel take on it.

Consider Organza Indecence, which pairs it with cinnamon and plum (sensuous and warm); Il Profvmuo's Patchouli Noir, which adds a mint top note (unexpected and refreshing); and my beloved Isvaraya which pairs it with jasmine and plum (simply glorious).

This starts off with violet leaf, which doesn't really pop here. Violet is best left as a basenote, and i would have liked to see that citrus in the opening instead.

This isn't a bad fragrance, it's just not a novel fragrance. It also has short longevity and the patchouli tends to fade faster than I would like.

If this scent were an American Idol contestant, it would be voted off early and forgotten about, i'm sorry to say.
12th March, 2010

Add your review of Patchouli

Shop for Patchouli products online

Search Amazon for Patchouli

Member images of Patchouli

There are no member images of Patchouli yet. Why not be the first?