Chia
by Farmacia SS. Annunziata

Chia information

HouseFarmacia SS. Annunziata

About Chia

Chia is a feminine perfume by Farmacia SS. Annunziata.

Chia fragrance notes

Reviews of Chia

So disappointed in this one! After having such high hopes based on many reviews-especially the positive reviews here on Basenotes-I was so let down after wearing Farmacia SS Annunziata Chia over the course of several consecutive days.

I am once again experimenting in hopes of expanding my "go-to" wardrobe of heavy, earthy, musky, woodsy, resinous, spicy fragrances. Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur and Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile are among my two favorite fragrances. I recently delighted in a few cotton-candy, vanilla, sugary, almond, confectionary body cremes; so, I thought I'd try finding similar fragrant notes in a niche perfume...something different to wear throughout the upcoming spring and summer seasons.

Chia is a nice enough vanilla/floral fragrance but for me, it begins and ends right there...as a nice enough, vanilla floral fragrance. I guess I was perhaps expecting something more exotic from the special house of Farmacia SS Annunziata. My experience is that the perfume is nice enough but just flat...there is nothing notable or unique about it given what one might expect.

Out of the bottle and throughout the opening notes, Chia promises to deliver. Extremely pretty, light, sweet, a bit citrus-y, fruity almond-y & feminine, I felt hopeful upon initial application. Opening notes include loads of sweetness with scents of sugar, cotton-candy, almond, a bit of citrus and other saccharine delights. A delicate floral touch-rose-nicely rounds out the fragrant complexity throughout the very brief opening notes of this perfume.

With all that said, the dry-down and the base notes are where this fragrance falls flat & deeply disappoints. Definitely within 15 minutes, on my skin Chia sadly turned into a rather ordinary, usual, typical vanilla gourmand with a few hints of orange blossom & almond. Also on my skin, Chia turned incredibly powdery during its dry-down, a characteristic somewhat common to many floral gourmands (in my experience).

Chia has good silage and average staying power. In summary and IMHO, Farmacia SS Anuziata's Chia is a relatively ordinary, vanilla-musk-floral gourmand perfume, neither complex nor exotic. I love niche perfumes but this one isn't my style. If I had to sum things up, I would say this perfume is just too child-like for my tastes. After 30 minutes of application, Chia almost smelled like baby-powder on me...I swear I smelled like a freshly powdered baby's bottom...not good imagery.

I imagine for the price of Chia (if not a bit less), one can find something similar (if not nicer) than this relatively pricey perfume. Very disappointed.
26th February, 2015
A pleasant gourmand scent comprising vanilla and almond with tasty and dense floral notes on an ambery/musky base. A particularly nice, distinguished and "organic" gourmand, nor cloying neither amplified or sickening; sweet but balanced, silky, dusty, so in a word, "simple". The almond note in particular is good: I don't like almonds (I mean real ones too), but here at least it's not that usual heavy/resinous "accord of" almond many scents have, rather a single, real, almost slightly roasted almond which works fine and discreetly. There is something dissonant, a bitter note which I don't get precisely, that somehow tones down and restrains an otherwise "total" sweetness and I like that too. As minutes pass it slowly blossoms and opens up in a real nice and lively floral scent, while the initial bold sweet notes gently "settle" down on the base. Everything's simple, bright, relaxed, really elegant and refined while keeping it delicate. Not my cup of tea, personally, and a bit... apparently dull, perhaps, or to say it better, "shy" or pale; but it has its own and peculiar not-that-common refined simplicity which makes it worth a try.

7,5/10
03rd May, 2014
Smells like cotton candy...Great to make me hungry, poor for a fragrance.
06th October, 2012
Smells like straight cotton candy on me.. Awesome if you are a woman or a circus clown but not if you are a man.. I gave it to my wife and she enjoys it that's why the neutral..
12th January, 2011

Delicious gourmand: toasted almonds / burnt vanilla / cotton candy. The sweet, floral, yummy opening and heart of the fragrance leisurely moves into a very nice use of amber and musk for the long-lasting gourmand base. This is a gourmand concept that works: Its pleasant, delectable, comfortable, and as grown-up as a gourmand can get. Its not spectacular (It is gourmand, how could it be?), but it is enjoyable and beautifully put together. Good sillage but could boast better longevity.

21st April, 2010
bbBD Show all reviews
Chia is vanilla/floral with a strong dose of candyfloss - very much like an amped up L'Artisan Vanilia. A touch of florals (orange blossom?) and musk fill out the composition. Chia has strong sillage and lasts forever on the skin. If I sweat while wearing Chia I'm immediately surrounded with the aroma of cotton candy. Although this isn't the mold of the currently popular 'boozy/woody vanilla' (i.e. SDV, Tobacco Vanille, Un Bois Vanille, etc.), Chia is a great niche vanilla and I highly recommend it, especially at just over $1/ml. Farmacia SS Anunziata's other vanilla - Vaniglia de Madagascar parfum - isn't nearly as interesting or complex.
05th August, 2009

Buy It Now for only: $190.02

End Date: Wednesday Apr-8-2020 19:56:42 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $190.02

Buy It Now | Add to watch list

CHIA BY FARMACIA SS. ANNUNZIATA EAU DE PARFUM 100 ML.

End Date: Wednesday Apr-22-2020 4:47:31 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $100.00

Chia eau de parfum by farmacia ss annunziata firenze 3.OZ

End Date: Thursday Apr-23-2020 18:03:00 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $80.00

Member images of Chia

There are no member images of Chia yet. Why not be the first?