Ybris Fragrance notes

Amaretto, Lime, Grape seed, Tea, Oakmoss, Benzoin, Iris

Reviews of Ybris

Showing 1 to of 2 reviews.
    positive No Positive Reviews • neutral2 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

foetidus

Iím afraid the too-fruity aspect of Ybris smells to me like canned fruit cocktail but without the metallic note. Itís that same sweet blahness that speaks of ďall-fruitĒ in general, but none in particular. If I were to guess at one, Iíd say ďpeachĒ but itís only half-peach. Itís not a bad accord but itís an uninspired one, and those who love fruity notes might validly enjoy itÖ but not IÖ itís too fruity. There is supposed to be an amaretto note in the construction but I donít really get it. I get a bit of alcohol in the fruit mix but not much. If I sniff deeply, I can smell a shadowy tea note and some oakmoss, but those notes (which I enjoy more than the fruit notes) never seem to pierce through the dominant fruit cocktail. I find no iris in the mix, which is too bad because a little iris sharpness and earthiness would make for a more interesting accord.

As it comes across to me, Ybris is not a very complex scent. I have no complaints about the quality of the materials, nor do I find the scent in any way bothersome. Itís a nice, well-made scent that has a modest sillage and good longevity, but itís too fruity and characterless for me to enjoy.

14 November, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

What an odd fruity tea... it's sweet and fruity. It's dark and fruity. It's fruity. Dang. It's also quite strange. Has a slight edge to it that turns me off slightly. Otherwise a finely made scent.

31st May, 2009