Vaniglia del Madagascar
by Farmacia SS. Annunziata

Vaniglia del Madagascar information

HouseFarmacia SS. Annunziata

About Vaniglia del Madagascar

Vaniglia del Madagascar is a shared / unisex perfume by Farmacia SS. Annunziata.

Vaniglia del Madagascar fragrance notes

Reviews of Vaniglia del Madagascar

Farmacia SS Annunziata Vaniglia del Madagascar is an unusual take on the vanillic theme which is in this case connected to a (nowadays mainstream) musky-ozonic-aromatic marine (lemony and simil ozonic) accord yet performed by Hyle from the same brand and particularly runned by scents a la Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale, Reminiscence Sea-Rem, Laboratorio Olfattivo Salina or Il Profvmo Pioggia Salata. In here the performer seems to combine a light aqueous vanilla with a salty-airy floral muskiness. The vanillic presence is here (liquid, lemony and spicy) but the core of this fragrance is musky-ozonic (at least kind of ostensibly mineral-ozonic), silky-soapy, salty-sugary, floral and aromatic. The out come is a light muskiness somewhat fluidy and vaguely salty-airy. A wearable "non vanillic" vanilla, really balanced and organic.
01st July, 2015
Vanilla, if well done, is one of the few notes that never bores me. And it is well done here. A touch of lemon on top with a most delightful, high quality, sweet but not too sweet, vanilla dry down. A great fragrance!
21st June, 2015
Vaniglia del Madagascar is a very simple, soft vanilla that evolves slowly and without drama from a sparkling, lemon-sugar opening to a warm vanilla-sugar end. Its as linear and as slow-moving as this description implies. The opening is perhaps my favorite part, as it dances deftly between lemon-scent sugar and a cool, blond, sauna woods accord that is attractive and calming. It feels airy, cool, and strangely enough for a vanilla scent, effervescent.

The warm place the vanilla ends up is not tooth-achingly sweet, nor does it pick up too many extraneous notes its just pure vanilla sugar. Many people talk about this scent as something that only reveals its true beauty after a full twelve hours. Well, I am not one for delayed gratification, but I waited it out patiently anyway. To be perfectly honest, the degrees of change between its starting position and its final destination are so infinitesimal as to make the tortuous wait utterly unnecessary. To its credit, the vanilla here is very natural in feel, and never candy floss sweet.

But to my mind, there is a major flaw that rules it out as a possibility for me, and that is performance, or more specifically, projection. Now, I dont ever really dwell upon projection or longevity, since I think that these issues can be fixed simply by re-spraying. This scent is a parfum, which means that sillage is very low or close to the skin fair enough. But when a few minutes after spraying, the scent is barely perceptible on the skin, it indicates a major problem with the construction of the scent. This is so faint a smell as to make it not so much as a skin scent as a subliminal message, sent to mess with your brain, as in Am I wearing perfume at all?, Oh no here it is, and Nope, its gone again. I dont like playing guessing games with my perfume, let alone hide and seek, so this fragrance is a big no no for me, regardless of what it actually smells like.
12th November, 2014
As great Vanilla perfume that is most certainly unisex. It really is very pure vanilla wafts of smoke at times, and perhaps the slightest hint of citrus. Very satisfying and delicious. My only complaint is that it really does not project very well, and I really need to spray very liberally to really be able to smell it throughout the day.
30th December, 2013
Heavenly. The lemon in this is subtle and comes across as a little wisp of incense on a sumptuous vanilla. I disliked vanilla for a long time after memories of a cheap Body Shop version when I was in my teens, but now that Autumn 2012 has hit its stride I've found myself craving a good vanilla perfume. This is my "chosen one" having sampled about 10 different vanillas from LuckyScent (Vanille Insensee, Vanille Absolument, Vanille Exquise, Vanille Marine, Fleur de Comores, Les Nombres D'Or Vanille, Silk, etc. etc.) A full bottle is on its way to me as I write. I'm going to try layering it with an incense like Encens Flamboyant. Can't wait :-)
06th October, 2012
On my skin, the opening is quite a sweet, sugary vanilla with just a fleeting impression of lemon. lt has a soft & subtle feel, with a suggestion of delicate macaroons rather than a rich vanilla cake. After 15 minutes or so, it becomes more smooth & creamy, & then slowly more caramel-like. l don't detect any floral notes at all. After 3 hours, there are hints of amber, & then it fades to a skin scent, giving off gentle wafts when l move, & lasting overall around 6 hours.
l personally prefer vanillas with a little more depth & complexity, but if you're looking for a soft veil of vanilla that's neither cloying nor cheap-smelling, & is suitable for warmer weather, this could be the perfect choice.
28th January, 2012

Add your review of Vaniglia del Madagascar

Shop for Vaniglia del Madagascar products online

Search Amazon for Vaniglia del Madagascar

Member images of Vaniglia del Madagascar

There are no member images of Vaniglia del Madagascar yet. Why not be the first?