Exceptional Because You Are (2006)
    by Exceptional

Reviews of Exceptional Because You Are

Showing 1 to 6 of 9 reviews.

warmlightsunsea's avatar
    warmlightsunsea

This fragrance embodies ambivalence for me. On the one hand, I love pepper and water florals, which this has in spades. On the other, it is horribly synthetic. It's the first scent that I've liked that has given me a "perfume headache." My partner described this as "decadent boredom." I think that pretty much sums it up.

28 February, 2014

foetidus

Exceptional... Because you are
    I get a free sample of “Exceptional” fragrance every time I order from my favorite internet fragrance store. The first time I tried Exceptional I decided that it is a terribly synthetic, screechy fragrance. Every new time I receive one I sniff it and continue to agree that it is terribly synthetic, screechy fragrance. Somehow it just never improves - even with new samples. ;)

08 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 10th January, 2014)

LovesGotMeHigh's avatar
    LovesGotMeHigh

It's...cool. I got a few sample of this whenI ordered from fragrance net and I personally like it. I've gotten quite a few complements on it and it's really a good everyday fragrance.

When: summer time during the day

Where: office, class, anywhere; it's a pretty versatile fragrance

Age: any but I can see a college kid wearing this as a regular

Longevity: I got 4-6 hours on an average day I got 5

projection: eh...it's okay. Get what you pray for.

Scent: on a scale of 1-10 it's a 6 maybe a 7 at best. Nothing special.

Personally: I like it. It's sweet but can be a little too sweet sometimes. Nevertheless, I'd keep it in my collection.

16 December, 2012

sblades138's avatar
    sblades138

Horribly synthetic. Starts with a pleasant enough floral that reminds me of Ralph Lauren's Romance "Always Yours" - generic but okay for a mass-market floral. The horror, on my skin anyway, starts about half an hour later when it morphs into a sporty cheap masculine cologne/aftershave/men's antiperspirant. I kept sniffing around my couch, thinking that my husband must have fallen asleep after his alarm went off this morning and had gotten some deodorant on the couch or something (which I was going to promptly tell him to try a different scent!). Then I realized it was my arm! Ick. Seriously not a fan of this one.

09 March, 2012

DirtyPony's avatar
    DirtyPony

Very generic... the face of cheap perfume. Maybe thats a little harsh! I don't think its that bad and I certainly don't find it to be too sweet. In a way it reminds my of Couture Couture by Juicy Couture but a little less sweet and none of that synthetic grape. Actually that is the main reason I don't like this. I have never gotten a headache from a perfume in my life but Couture Couture not only gave me a headache but made me nauseous. This doesnt do that to me but I am still reminded of that feeling every time I smell this!

14 January, 2012

sweetrain19's avatar
    sweetrain19

Generic, pretty. It smells cheap, but it is not as horribly sweet as it could be, making it bearable, but not memorable.

21st May, 2011