Paul Smith Man (2009)
    by Paul Smith

Average Rating: 3

Based on 32 ratings

Paul Smith Man information

Paul Smith Man is a men's fragrance by Paul Smith. The scent was launched in 2009

Shop for Paul Smith Man products online

100ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Paul Smith Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.

Darvant's avatar

Spicy/incensey sultriness.

Modern and glamour in a dusty, sweet and synthetic way. With Paul Smith Man i'm by soon invested by a wet spicy/aromatic explosion (vaguely a la Basala first stage) composed by hesperidic patchouli, yuzu, pepper (peppery incense) and may be cinnamon. There is soon a sort of lymphatic sweet (spicy/fruity/floral) freshness in the air emerging from the incensey floral heart and well connected with the initial wet/spicy blast. The incense is synthetic but well modulated and it does not overwhelm the diffused fruity/floral typical humidity. There is a central stage dominated by the note of iris with its known (and bit too much plastic in this case) powdery approach. The spicy/incensey floral connection from iris and violets determines significantly the distinctive aroma of the juice. I detect also a sort of lingering sticky woodiness around which is masculine and well joined with the patchouli and the final honeyed (tobacco aromatized) tonka. May be this "smokey woodiness" comes out straight from the note of tonka (a touch of ambergris yet?). Far more similar to Fahrenheit 32 (citrus, iris, violet, aromatic and spicy notes, a touch of incense etc etc) than to Dior Homme (as for many) in my humble opinion. I smell just vaguely the Dior Homme's vibe (which is less spicy, wet, sticky and sweet to me). Sultry and carnal for the lovers (not me) of the sweet and brash synthetic experiments. Nice bottle.

Pros: Enveloping, dusty and humid.
    Cons: Synthetic and sweet."

27 August, 2013

MrMookie's avatar

Iris and violets

Reminds me of Dior Homme without the warmth...
    I had Dior homme back in the days and it totally resembles it.

There where DH projects massively in the first hour and get skinwise next hours this scent gets more time projecting overal, the mid section and drydown is iris just as DH, i must say Paul Smith was second with this lipstick / classy iris scent so credits to the noses who created DH and DHI
    Overal a very well constructed scent for warm floral powdery scent lovers!

Pros: Dior Homme lovers can have a backup bottle
    Cons:

25 August, 2013

martinijo's avatar

England England

I can't believe the number of thumbs down either. Ridiculous.
    This is a lighter Dior Homme to me plus that pencil shavings note.
    My favourite from Paul Smith and a very easy thumbs up.

02 May, 2013 (Last Edited: 04 May, 2013)

voodoodanny's avatar

I bought this today at a knock-down rate in a post-Christmas sale and although I haven't spent very long with this fragrance, I simply cannot sit back and look at the symmetrical review bar (currently 3 positive, 1 neutral, 3 negative) any longer without weighing in and adding a splash more green.

This fragrance deserves a lot more praise than it gets IMHO - the dry bright opening of yuzu and spice is uplifting and original, and the woodsy iris note (which some have rightly identified as similar to Dior Homme) is captivating, classy and fiercely masculine. Dessert comes in the form of a lasting and rich tonka base.

Sillage is excellent and longevity is admirable. Bravo, Mr. Smith!

29 December, 2012

Gregory's avatar

Belgium Belgium

Was quite interested to smell this, but got very disapointed.

To me, this really smells like shewed paper. Like the taste of paper.

15 May, 2012

The_Cologneist's avatar

I guess poor marketing put this one on the discontinued shelf, as with many PS fragrances. But I'm with Olfactory all the way on this. This and excellent masculine, slightly floral scent. Good all year round, but amazing in the fall and winter.

I'm not a big iris fan, and I know the iris note, and the lipstick like smell it carries with it. PSM doesn't bring that at all. The iris is pretty dominant, but the reason I say "slightly floral" is because it doesn't bring that typical "girly" smelling iris to the table. Instead, you get this dirty iris, backed by patchouli, incense, sandalwood, and cedar (or possibly Iso E). But to my nose, I mostly get iris and cedar. I pick up some citrus notes up top, probably bergamot, as it is a top note master in many fragrances. While in the base I pick up a little of a creaminess from the tonka bean, and my favorite floral note - violet. Not every day do I find violet in the base notes, but here I do. Projection is pretty good for the first 2 or 3 hours, but dies down after. It lasts a good 6-8 hours on a good day, but can be temperamental and last far less.

I'll be biased here, I freakin' love this stuff. I have owned well over 3-400 fragrances, and tried hundreds more. This one is in my top 10. Although I can see where this could offend some people. Don't knock it till ya try it... or do! More for me this way. PSM personifies a modern, masculine, floral; which is something I've been dying to find for years. This has replaced my baby Fahrenheit, and become my new signature scent.

05 March, 2012

• 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left:
    STARTING BID
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Paul Smith Men Extreme Edt Unboxed 100 ml 3.3 oz
    • Time Left: 2 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    RARE VINTAGE PAUL SMITH STORY FOR MEN EDT 1 OZ BARELY USED!
    • Time Left: 12 days
    Paul Smith Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml / 3.3oz
    • Time Left: 20 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)
    Paul Smith for Men by Paul Smith EDT Spray 3.3 oz ~ BRAND NEW IN TESTER BOX
    • Time Left: 1 day
    PAUL SMITH LONDON EAU DE TOILETTE 3.3 OZ / 100 ML TESTER
    • Time Left: 26 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Paul Smith for Men by Paul Smith All-Over Shampoo 6.6 oz. *Unboxed (sku:6089)
    • Time Left: 5 days