Acqua Fiorentina (2009)

Parent CompanyCreed

About Acqua Fiorentina

Acqua Fiorentina is a feminine perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Acqua Fiorentina

It’s a pleasant fragrance. What I get out of the top accord is a very clean, clear, rich-ish version of D&G’s Light blue. It’s almost as if this is not a Creed but a Bond No. 9 version of Light Blue. Acqua Fiorentina has the same effect on me that most Bond No. 9s do: I appreciate the mechanical precision of making a smoothened version of a another perfumer’s creation, but it lacks poignancy because of its lack of originality.

This is a pleasant fragrance… the aquatic tenor in it is probably the best “aquatic” accord I’ve smelled. But since I’m not enchanted by aquatic notes, “the best aquatic” doesn’t mean very much to me. The purpose of the rest of the fragrance seems to be that of avoiding anything that interferes with the aquatic note or the cleaned-up Light Blue accord.

In business, imitation isn't flattery - it's cheating, and Creed should know better because they have been stolen from too often. To me, imitation isn’t very exciting… I prefer the vintage Light Blue, so Acqua Fiorentina becomes for me somewhat of a bore… But I do understand anyone’s enjoyment of this fragrance because it’s a very well made and enjoyable; and it is a top-of-its-class aquatic.
07th February, 2016
I've said it in other reviews, but it seems like every luxury line has to have a dumb fruity floral aimed at the "basic" girls who just don't understand what comprises a quality perfume, and Creed's is Acqua Fiorentina.

It's got that dumb strawberry and that dumb peach and some fruity cassis and somehow it all globs together to smell like fake apple. The cedar isn't very literal - instead, it's just sort of a chemical wood smell. This also contains Creed's signature blend of synthetics, which work in some instances and not in others. In the case of Acqua Fiorentina, they just take something that smells cheap and make it smell cheaper. I'll admit that this broadcasts more and is better concentrated than most of its ilk, but that's pretty faint praise. Really, you can smell like this for about $9.99 - I can't imagine paying Creed prices for this. It has all the "class" and misguided faux luxury of a pair of Uggs covered in Swarovski crystals.
22nd November, 2015
Apple and cedar chips. A fairly authentic, nice apple, but still apple. I generally like cedar as a basenote with florals, but the ultimate cedar drydown on this is too dry when combined with the apple. While the top and heart were nice enough, they don't warrant the price, so I had to give this a thumbs down rating.
31st October, 2014
Hybrid vigor
In any hybrid you're looking for the best of both worlds. I have a labradoodle, a dod bred for service. The goal of the breeding is to combine the intelligence and trainability of the poodle with the human affiliation and low-key temperament of the labradors retriever. The risk of the mix is getting the reverse and having a high-strung, stupid dog.
The eponymous perfume hybrids shout their goal to the heavens: Fruity floral. Rose chypre. Floral leather. Aromatic fougère. Floriental. Acqua Fiorentina makes me wonder if there is an antonym to synergy. Is there a word for the whole being less than the sum of the parts?

Tools for self-destruction
The disparity between the reality of the worse Creed perfumes and the particularly vapid style of their marketing hyperbole is a sort of performance piece. The inequality is charged enough that as in a fairy tale, it simply comes to life.

From the Creed Aqua Fiorentina webpage (version, The Encore 2012):

Description - Sixth-generation master perfumer Olivier Creed re-introduces a fresh new blend of the beloved fragrance. He adds a lively touch of Diamond Jubilee Apple to mark sixty years of Queen Elizabeth's reign, along with beautiful Renaissance rose, Calabrian lemon, plum and white carnation. This encore offers a fresh harmonious scent that will delight her for any occasion.

Classification - Fruitful / Fresh

Characteristics - A long-awaited scent richly deserved by Creed’s loyal clientele who lavished praise on the original blend.

Notes:
Top note: Lightly sweet greengage plum, often used in cuisine as a dessert plum, Diamond Jubilee Apples and pruneau are the opening notes.
Middle note: Renaissance roses, white carnations, Florentine pear, Sicilian bergamot and Calabrian lemons are a fine serenade of fruits and blooms.
Base note: Virginia cedar and Indian sandalwood are a heart-charming close, with a lively hint of white grapefruit.

Epilogue:
Creed's own excessive protestations tell you more about the nightmare of Acqua Fiorentina than I could ever hope to.

I used to think the greatest job in the world would be to be a voice actor for the Simpsons. 20+ years of Hollywood pay coupled with anonymity. What could be better? Now I think sitting around with friends, smoking piles of weed, writing Creed press and pissing yourself laughing would be the greatest job in the world. (I assume that that's how the job must be done.)

I leave you to the serenade of fruits and blooms. Buon appetito.

from scenthurdle.com
18th June, 2014
Like a high quality version of D&G Light Blue for women. More fruity than floral with the plum note being quite dominant to my nose. Took me less than 2 minutes after smelling it to buy it for my wife. She loved it!
17th March, 2013
A citrus fruity-floral that is beautiful. It comes off as a nicely transparent feminine scent that can be worn anytime. The citrus balances the fruit while the floral notes are not so overpowering as to be cloying. My wife could not get enough of Love in Black before trying this (I am not fond of the syrupy LiB, so was super excited she found this.)

Give this one a try ladies, and you will not be disappointed.
21st October, 2012

Add your review of Acqua Fiorentina

Shop for Acqua Fiorentina products online

Shop for Acqua Fiorentina at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Acqua Fiorentina

Member images of Acqua Fiorentina

There are no member images of Acqua Fiorentina yet. Why not be the first?