CK Free (2009)

HouseCalvin Klein
SupplierGivaudan
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige

About CK Free

CK Free is a masculine fragrance by Calvin Klein. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of CK Free

I need many sprays to give this one a shot. After 10 sprays I get a little fruit. The juniper is really weak. Most of the middle and base notes are imperceptible. Where's the wood, coffee, tobacco, and suede?
07th December, 2014
vawallpa Show all reviews
Smells clean and fresh but nothing special. Extremely poor longevity and projection. Thumbs down from me.
18th March, 2013
CK Free... Definitely in my Top 10..!!

Guys, CK Free is one of my top fragrances... It is almost intoxicating..!! I only wish it lasted longer...

Out of the bottle, Free offers that clean fresh smell with a blend of citrus, juniper, woodsy, and (call me crazy) leather. It is truly a pleasant scent that will work in all seasons and for any occasion. The only downside is the longevity - lasting only about 4 hours (at most). The projection/sillage is great early on and then fades after the first hour. Our noses are all different - in my opinion, Free differs from the other CK fragrances I own (probably 5 others) in that it is not as "sweet", or I detect less floral notes.

Early on, Free has potential "Wow Factor". I have not received compliments, but Sweetie gives two thumbs up. The interesting thing here, she is not a huge fan of the "clean" and "fresh" scents - she prefers the "musk" or "spice" scents. To reiterate, it has potential..!!

In addition to the fragrance/scent, the bottle is one of my favorites. Other than the CK logo, the bottle is totally clear showing the clarity of the fragrance. It may be my favorite bottle in my collection. Additionally, the packaging is above average.

All things considered, I give CK Free 4.2 stars out of 5 stars. The scent is one of my favorites. If the longevity were better, Free would clearly be in my Top 5. It is a long way to the top if you want to rock-n-roll.
10th December, 2012
If you like your scents to project and last, then you would be well advised to steer clear of CK Free. I can barely detect it a mere 45 minutes after applying it. This is the weakest fragrance I have ever tried, and I can't smell many of the notes listed before it fades away.

Not a good fragrance at all - if you want an inexpensive, light summer fragrance that works well with casual attire, I say go for C&E West Indian Limes or Eternity Summer.
16th November, 2012
The scent smells fresh and clean at the opening and projects OK for the first 15 minutes. then gradually loses the projection and sits VERY close to the skin and gets less pleasant and more synthetic and chemical.

I feel that there are many better choices for similar fragrances.
31st August, 2012
Wise Owl Show all reviews
CK Free is a fragrance that promises so much, yet delivers so little. The notes in the pyramid look absolutely amazing; however the scent in the bottle bears little to no resemblance to those notes. That said it's not actually a bad fragrance. It's clean, light and fresh. Unfortunately it's also very generic and very run-of-the-mill.
12th August, 2012

Add your review of CK Free

Shop for CK Free products online

Shop for CK Free at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for CK Free

Member images of CK Free

There are no member images of CK Free yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads