Field Notes from Paris (2009)
by Ineke

Field Notes from Paris information

Year of Launch2009

HouseIneke
PerfumerIneke Rühland

About Field Notes from Paris

Field Notes from Paris is a feminine perfume by Ineke. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Ineke Rühland

Field Notes from Paris fragrance notes

Reviews of Field Notes from Paris

I don't get much in the way of complexity with Field Notes - mainly a linear honey scent, but with a twist - a harshness, a medicinal-like quality to the honey, something like a pine note or a eucalyptus note, which sets it apart from other honey-dominant scents, and gives it some balance. I can see this as being something you can wear casually whilst doing some November/December high-street shopping, with the licks of cold air stirring up the fragrance and giving you some warm comfort. 6/10
13th November, 2017
Primarily a sheer orange blossom and beeswax fragrance with lots of nuances that do well to live up to the imagery of Paris on a beautiful day. Intoxicating opening. Performance is acceptable - the pleasant main notes persist for a long time after all the clever supporting acts have gone home. There is a shampoo like quality in the drydown that orange blossom fragrances often teeter around, and that places it strictly in the casual wear category for me. Overall, really well done. Not quite on par as the signature orange blossom work of Francis Kurkdjian, but very good nonetheless. And for the price, well worth a purchase for me. Excellent value.
29th March, 2017
The initial blast is aromatic and sweet. I like the orange blossom at the top , but it's also herbaceous, dusty and earthy from the coriander; I have an imagine of a person who has worked the field and it is washing his hands with an expensive bar of soap. Field notes, right? I don't know about Paris though…could be because of that expensive soap.

This lasts for about two hours, when the coriander begins to fade, as the soapiness and the fragrance is accompanied by sweet tobacco. Going forward it gets better for me as the dustiness goes, giving way to a warm base, aromatic and sweet, joined also by clean patchouli, reminiscent of a sunny day.
No way this is just a feminine scent, it's unisex all the way.
01st August, 2015
Whereas the published notes had left me to expect something quite different, Field Notes from Paris opened with a septum piercing combination of abrasive citrus (in the manner of drug store ‘masculines’ aimed at teenage boys) and lavender. So far, so unpleasant. Later a halfway decent orange blossom does appear but the shrill quality of the composition makes one think these field notes were made in a part of Paris dedicated to the manufacture of lavatory cleaning products. A bit of a shame as there’s a decent base lurking under it all – something smooth, honeyed but with a fruity accent – that only becomes apparent when all the rest has faded and there’s just a skin scent left.
05th January, 2014
Ineke FIELD NOTES FROM PARIS is a rather masculine composition, with a lot of bergamot and coriander and a decidedly cologne-y feeling especially in the opening before becoming more woody in the drydown. This is a nicer one to my nose than some masculine colognes (including some of the others from this house), as it is natural smelling and appears to have some depth hiding within.

Looking at the notes indicated on the house's card, I must confess that I don't detect many of them at all—at least not consciously. There is nothing very sweet (vanilla) or oriental/chypric (patchouli) or leathery or tobacco-y about this composition to my nose. Those are all notes that I love, so I'd like to be able to say that they are present here, but I really cannot tease them out as individual components. I will say that this is a rare case of a decidedly masculine perfume that I might consider wearing now and then, if I somehow happened upon a bottle lying about my house. I do think that I might enjoy smelling FIELD NOTES FROM PARIS on somebody else. Excellent longevity and pretty big sillage.

Hmmm... I see that this has been designated for women? Now that's a surprise.
30th July, 2011
This is a bone dry tobacco scent. The coriander gives an herbal note. To me, this is rather masculine. I expected some sweetness as it evolved...my skin turns most scents sweeter, but not this one. It's very interesting and I appreciate the scent, but I have an aversion to tobacco scents. I think the tobacco is from tonka. I think this is a nice scent for men/women who enjoy tobacco scents that aren't too strong and a nice affordable price.
11th May, 2011

Add your review of Field Notes from Paris

Shop for Field Notes from Paris products online

Search Amazon for Field Notes from Paris

Member images of Field Notes from Paris

There are no member images of Field Notes from Paris yet. Why not be the first?