Field Notes from Paris (2009)
    by Ineke

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 54 ratings

Field Notes from Paris Fragrance Notes

Field Notes from Paris information

Field Notes from Paris is a women's fragrance by Ineke. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Field Notes from Paris

Showing 1 to 6 of 15 reviews.

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Whereas the published notes had left me to expect something quite different, Field Notes from Paris opened with a septum piercing combination of abrasive citrus (in the manner of drug store ‘masculines’ aimed at teenage boys) and lavender. So far, so unpleasant. Later a halfway decent orange blossom does appear but the shrill quality of the composition makes one think these field notes were made in a part of Paris dedicated to the manufacture of lavatory cleaning products. A bit of a shame as there’s a decent base lurking under it all – something smooth, honeyed but with a fruity accent – that only becomes apparent when all the rest has faded and there’s just a skin scent left.

05 January, 2014

sherapop's avatar

Ineke FIELD NOTES FROM PARIS is a rather masculine composition, with a lot of bergamot and coriander and a decidedly cologne-y feeling especially in the opening before becoming more woody in the drydown. This is a nicer one to my nose than some masculine colognes (including some of the others from this house), as it is natural smelling and appears to have some depth hiding within.

Looking at the notes indicated on the house's card, I must confess that I don't detect many of them at all—at least not consciously. There is nothing very sweet (vanilla) or oriental/chypric (patchouli) or leathery or tobacco-y about this composition to my nose. Those are all notes that I love, so I'd like to be able to say that they are present here, but I really cannot tease them out as individual components. I will say that this is a rare case of a decidedly masculine perfume that I might consider wearing now and then, if I somehow happened upon a bottle lying about my house. I do think that I might enjoy smelling FIELD NOTES FROM PARIS on somebody else. Excellent longevity and pretty big sillage.

Hmmm... I see that this has been designated for women? Now that's a surprise.

30th July, 2011

Kalynne's avatar

This is a bone dry tobacco scent. The coriander gives an herbal note. To me, this is rather masculine. I expected some sweetness as it evolved...my skin turns most scents sweeter, but not this one. It's very interesting and I appreciate the scent, but I have an aversion to tobacco scents. I think the tobacco is from tonka. I think this is a nice scent for men/women who enjoy tobacco scents that aren't too strong and a nice affordable price.

11th May, 2011

robyogi's avatar

Well, first off, this is definitely unisex, probably even leaning to the masculine side. Ineke says on her website that she does not ascribe to the notion of gender designations for perfumes - wear what you like is her motto. So, I'm not sure where the gender designation given above came from.

On to the fragrance...with the list of notes given you might expect this to be a little heavy, something that would be a fall/winter scent. But, as with all the Ineke perfumes I've tried there's a sort of light-but-substantial quality to Field Notes. Unlike Derring-Do, I have a tough time picking apart notes in Field Notes. It comes across as one big scent signature. Bergamot and coriander are sense-able in the topnotes. Patchouli, a dry but not bitter patchouli is present throughout, somewhat similar to the patchouli in Lutens' Borneo. The tobacco, vanilla, and beeswax seem to work together to add a natural sweetness, not too sweet, definitely not sugary or syrupy. Again, light-but-substantial sums up the sweetness, and again, I'm struggling to find the individual notes and am guessing at which ones provide the subtle sweetness. The fragrance ends in a typical fading-away dry down where it gets maybe a bit more ambery...a dusty amber, not a heavy, syrupy amber.

This is a very nice, modern, well-constructed oriental for men who find most oriental perfumes too sweet or too overbearing.

04 May, 2011

MsEvening's avatar

As someone who is a die-hard white/oriental florals devotee, this fragrance is a lovely alternative. The citrus and patchouli are a bit off-putting at first, but the tobacco flower, cedar, leather and vanilla settle in soon and on me lasted about 3-4 hours. I wasn't transported to a Paris cafe, but I got a whiff of my mother's old train case that carried her toiletries and perfumes on the night train from from upstate New York to NYC many years ago. This is a subtle, gentle scent appropriate for the office.

08 March, 2011

Weimar27's avatar

Field Notes from Paris evokes an inner wistfulness
    of late spring in May opens with zesty orange blossom
    and crisp lemon slice steeps in the evening air, in a
    minute it dries to a sweet scent of violet a symbol
    of lost love and nostalgia and grass green and lush
    from the gentile spring rain dries Elegantly in acute
    melancholy. Coriander with it's spicy nuance opens the
    middle note with grounded underpinning Patchouli is diluted and elusive which i can't detect either ceder
    those two note are a hidden mystery, the Finishing drydown is sweet with Vanilla then dries with an resinous Benzoin then ends with a soft and milky texture or Heliotrope.

21st January, 2011

Field Notes from Paris perfume spray by Ineke, sealed, 2.5oz/75ml EDP
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 29 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    Field Notes From Paris by Ineke for Women 2.5 oz 75 ml EDP NIB