• Launched: 2009
    • Bottle Designer: Unknown - Let us know

Shop for Fille en Aiguilles products online

$138.84*
    50ml EdP
    (*converted from GBP 83.00)

Reviews of Fille en Aiguilles

Showing 1 to 6 of 39 reviews.
    positive 34 Positive Reviewsneutral5 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

foetidus

I don’t get very much sweet in the opening, I get medium-impact pine and vetiver accord with an caramel-like sweetness in the background taking the place of what would ordinarily be a deep, shadowy resin note – the scent itself at first seems a bit uninspired but it has a rather interesting interchange of relationships – there’s more depth to it than there is surface. Relatively soon the pine/vetiver couples with an incense persona, but not a typical incense note – it’s an incense a bit heavy on density but low on resinousness. Smelling close to the skin, this entry into the heart notes could stand to be a little more interesting, but away from the skin it projects an excellent sillage that is sweeter than I expected the sillage to be… the projection effect is quite enjoyable, rich, and impressive and for the first time it crosses my mind that this could very well become my next purchase. Unlike most of the other reviewers, I don’t experience a firm, relatively-sweet note because wood notes normally dominate over the other notes in an accord for me.

The woods and frankincense accord lightens up in the basenotes: I get a stronger proportion of candied fruit and spice in the base, and this lightening up is a timely change and delightful movement from the density and drama of the frankincense. The base is quite Serge Lutens but at a lesser intensity and with the same stellar longevity… I love the duration and intensity that it presents and I find the entire fragrance well-proportioned, elegant, wearable, and warming. Fille en Aiguilles iis a for-sure purchase for me.

11th March, 2014

Kain's avatar
    Kain
    Iran Iran

It's time to write about this amazing juice.
    A masterpiece, created by a man who knows exactly what to do as a perfumer and an artist.
    The opening of this fragrance is a great combination of spices, woods, resins and a warm sweet smell.
    The resinous smell is stunning and remind me of a special resin that I was chewing it like a bubble gum back in time, when I was a kid. because the taste of it was amazing.
    This fragrance has that slightly bitter resinous smell beside some woods and a beautiful black pepper note.
    There is a strong, yet delightful amount of sweetness that balance all those spicy, woody and resinous notes very well.
    As time goes by and in the dry down, the sweetness and peppery smell settled down and that beautiful and natural resinous smell and woods amped up and at the same time incense kicked in.
    It's like the smell a bonfire middle of an old pine forest.
    Smoky, pine woody, resinous, natural and in one word, amazing.
    In the base I've got a semi sweet and smooth resinous woody scent with some spice and some dried fruits as a supporting notes to make the scent more complex.
    Projection is OK (above average) and longevity is around 6-7 hours on my skin.
    One of the crown jewels in my collection.

30th January, 2014

michailG's avatar
    michailG

Put simply: a beautiful coniferous perfume! I am not a big fun of pine or pine needles but this one is a must try for perfume lovers. Fantastic depth, warmth, silage and longevity.

20th January, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Weirdly enough, the start smells really close to Lutens' "Five o'clock au gingembre". Same kind of crisp, smoky and somehow fruity energizing blend. However then it takes a total different path, sticking to its name - this means, an actual refreshing smell of pines and resin. Not a stunning fragrance to me, but still much good - much "Lutensian" (and that is why I blind bought this). A bit sticky after a while - the balsamic pine side crosses the line a bit.

6,5/10

08 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 16 April, 2014)

's avatar

Very exceptionally promising but ends up too smokey for my liking

After the first few minutes of wearing this scent I fell it really captivated me but after an hour I feel its too smokey on my skin and wished it retained more fresh pine.

Pros: pine sweet candy
    Cons: too smokey for my taste"

05 October, 2013

jtd's avatar
    jtd

memory

I’m from a small town in Connecticut near Hartford, the state capitol. Not, Suburban-New-York-Connecticut. New-England-Connecticut. I can’t remember when I learned the word suburb, but I never heard it applied to us. We were a town. Had been since the mid 1600s.

In my 1960s-1970s, the New England countryside was a place of wonder and democracy. Untended land, parcels of remaining forest I suppose, were easy to find and were Just There. The woods. We’d play capture the flag in the woods, hang-out in the woods, run in the woods, go sledding and cross-country skiing in the woods. The woods were a frame of mind as much as they were a location.

Though I never thought of anything local as particularly exotic, pine was the scent of local magic. Pine was the scent of outdoors and the change of seasons. It was omnipresent and always welcome. The only exotic ‘environmental’ aroma I knew otherwise was frankincense from the Catholic church I attended. I loved it and considered it very specific and significant. It was both familiar and foreign to me. It came off as a very special sort of pine.

Pine connects me to the woods, and Fille en Aiguilles is bittersweet for me. It is 30% sense memory and 70% longing.

I now live in Southern California in a climate that I struggle with every day for nine months out of the year. A climate that is almost universally loved, but is unbearable to me and anathema to my pale Celtic body and spirit, a reality that is inexplicable to those around me. Fille doesn't offer me a solution to my dilemma. It doesn't give me relief from the heat or an alternative to the deathly brightness. It triggers memory, remembrance, beauty from an an arcadian past. It reminds me of the magic. And if there's magic, there's hope.

But mostly there's just longing.

from scent hurdle.com