Fille en Aiguilles (2009)
by Serge Lutens

Fille en Aiguilles information

Year of Launch2009

HouseSerge Lutens

About Fille en Aiguilles

Fille en Aiguilles is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Fille en Aiguilles

maxall Show all reviews
This is what my pet hamster's cage smells like during the holiday season. He likes to hang cinnamon spice scented pinecone garlands around his cedar-shaving filled cage. This is an utter disaster of a scent.
04th October, 2014
I LIKE fragrances with pine and I own a few, but Fille en Aiguilles has made me LOVE pine. This fragrance opens with a pine/vetiver mix that I absolutely love. I also get some incense and citrus. It reminds me of the Christmas season and the delicious fragrance of our Christmas tree. I will be wearing it in the Fall/Winter months. It has great longevity and lasts a good 6-7 hours on my skin.
03rd October, 2014
The unisex candied fruit accord signature of many SL frags pushes Fille en Aiguilles into feminine territory to quickly for my taste. A high quality blend but overall, I prefer this frag on my wife to myself as I was just unable to pull off the syrupy sweet / smokey woods.
07th September, 2014
This scent’s cool, bracing conifer resin opening is deep and rounded enough to avoid smelling like a room air freshener, which is always a danger when dealing with fir and pine notes. In any case, a rich smelling frankincense descends so quickly upon the pine needle blanket that there's no chance for this composition to smell cheap.

The conifer, frankincense and spice mélange at Fille en Aiguilles' heart calls to mind Comme des Garçons' Zagorsk, but the Lutens scent is much warmer and sweeter, set as it rests upon a candied fruit and cedar foundation not far removed from Feminité du Bois or even Arabie. Indeed, once the bracing conifer needle accord dissipates, what remains of Fille en Aiguilles smells a touch disappointing in its familiarity - a kind of "standard issue" Sheldrake-Lutens drydown accord. Even so, the surprising juxtaposition of warm/sweet and icy/crisp at Fille en Aiguilles' core makes it one of the more enjoyable among the recent Serge Lutens releases.
14th June, 2014
%50 The first landing too hard; Has a very complex structure. It's so many of spices to choose from and even hard to distinguish what is. I'm getting incense and ginger. But a little cinnamon and other spices are pushing her too crushing. I mix it up until now I smell a fragrance blend of spices. Sandalwood and bile or both. Resinous smell of pine cones to make itself felt as a slight burn. As the last notes of clove smell still continues to burn correctly. And not according to me this is quite a heavy perfume. Harass anyone beside me smelling odor. Hani was a kid that looks like sugar cubes had shades of red candies. 'd Suck them but sugar and spice, cinnamon would taste. This perfume smells like their work. Towards the end, I could get a little cedar. Like anyone in such a manner that this perfume not alone.

Notes:
Top: Fruits, Spices.
Heart: Mediterranean laurel, pine needle.
Base: Vetiver, Incense.

**********************************************************************

%50 Ilk acilis cok sert; Cok karmasIk bir yapisi var. O kadar coklar ki, baharatlarin ne oldugunu ayirmak ve secmek bile zor. Tutsu ve zencefil aliyorum. Biraz tarcin ama diger baharatlar onu cok eziyor ve bastiriyorlar. Ben simdiye dek bu kadar karisIk baharat harmanli bir koku daha koklamadim. Sandal agaci ve od ya da her ikisi birden. Recinemsi cam kozalagi kokusu hafif yanik olarak kendini hissettiriyor. Son notalarina dogru yanik karanfil gibi bir koku hala devam ediyor. Oldukca agir bir parfum bu ve bana gore degil. Yanimda koklayan herkesi bezdirdi kokusu. Hani kucukken kup sekere benzeyen kirmizi tonlarinda sekerler vardi. Emerdik onlari ama seker ve baharat, tarcin tadi gelirdi. Bu parfum de iste bunlar gibi kokuyor. Sonlara dogru biraz sedir de alabildim. Bu parfum kimsenin begenecegi tarzda degil yalniz.

Notalar:
Ust: Meyve, Baharatlar.
Kalp: Akdeniz defnesi, Igneli cam.
Baz: Vetiver, Tutsu.

27th April, 2014

I don’t get very much sweet in the opening, I get medium-impact pine and vetiver accord with an caramel-like sweetness in the background taking the place of what would ordinarily be a deep, shadowy resin note – the scent itself at first seems a bit uninspired but it has a rather interesting interchange of relationships – there’s more depth to it than there is surface. Relatively soon the pine/vetiver couples with an incense persona, but not a typical incense note – it’s an incense a bit heavy on density but low on resinousness. Smelling close to the skin, this entry into the heart notes could stand to be a little more interesting, but away from the skin it projects an excellent sillage that is sweeter than I expected the sillage to be… the projection effect is quite enjoyable, rich, and impressive and for the first time it crosses my mind that this could very well become my next purchase. Unlike most of the other reviewers, I don’t experience a firm, relatively-sweet note because wood notes normally dominate over the other notes in an accord for me.

The woods and frankincense accord lightens up in the basenotes: I get a stronger proportion of candied fruit and spice in the base, and this lightening up is a timely change and delightful movement from the density and drama of the frankincense. The base is quite Serge Lutens but at a lesser intensity and with the same stellar longevity… I love the duration and intensity that it presents and I find the entire fragrance well-proportioned, elegant, wearable, and warming. Fille en Aiguilles iis a for-sure purchase for me.
11th March, 2014

Add your review of Fille en Aiguilles

Shop for Fille en Aiguilles products online

Shop for Fille en Aiguilles at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fille en Aiguilles

Member images of Fille en Aiguilles

There are no member images of Fille en Aiguilles yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Fille en Aiguilles