Fille en Aiguilles (2009)
by Serge Lutens

Fille en Aiguilles information

Year of Launch2009

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Creative DirectorSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Fille en Aiguilles

Fille en Aiguilles is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Fille en Aiguilles fragrance notes

Reviews of Fille en Aiguilles

vadim Show all reviews
Russian Federation
He's done it again! This is Lutens' standard fare, a sugary oriental base solution with a powdery ambery drydown, this time with some (very little) pine, franinsense and spice notes thrown in. Mediocre longevity for such a stifling conconction.
14th January, 2016
A BIG, BIG, thumbs up for Fille En Aiguilles! I purchased both Norne by Slumberhouse, and this gem from Surge Lutens at the same time. I love them both. Yes, there are some similar notes, but they are also quite different at the same time. Filled En Aiguilles is soft in a way that Norne isn't. Norne is like a sharp broadsword that slashes the senses, while Fille En Aiguilles takes a similar journey, but in a much more etherial way. It feels smooth without the smokiness from a forest fire that I get from Norne, but still has enough punch from the pine and incense that I'm very comfortable wearing it. In fact, I thoroughly enjoy wearing this fragrance, and I'd like to thank Serge Lutens for producing this fine product. I would recommend it to anyone who loves pine and sweet, wonderful incense blended in a way that is so incredibly pleasant...bravo!

I wore this again today, and I just really love this scent. I initially bought it because of the opening pine note, but I love the dry down as well. It's described as dried fruits, and or incense, but what it smells like to me is what Hansel and Gretel must have smelled when they came upon that gingerbread house in the forest. It's a very satisfying fragrance that smells more like Christmas to me than any other I've tried so far.
11th January, 2016 (last edited: 30th January, 2016)
A spicy, woody, and slightly sweet winter scent, I blind bought Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles after enjoying Chergui and reading that Fille en Aiguilles was a top pine scent, as pine is a note I enjoy very much in Creed Epicea and Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache. While FEA is certainly not a pine monster, it's a fun winter blend that's bound to attract more than it scares away.

The pine aspect is certainly a hearty pine, not pine-sol---not too biting. The main woodiness comes from the balsam fir, presumably, which gives the winter candle vibe, which I generally find pleasant. Bay leaf is pungent enough in the mix that it's wise not to spray too close to the skin, at least in my opinion. Sweetness comes from the dried fruits, presumably, and is relatively limited compared to the spices and woods.

The initial projection is strong but it dries down to something more conservative within a half hour, and the longevity is pretty good for an EDP. At a decent price (under $70 for 50ml on FragranceNet), this is an affordable winter option, and I'm glad to have it alongside Chergui in my collection. This certainly makes we want to explore the Serge Lutens line more.

7 out of 10
08th January, 2016
I'm really liking everything that I've sampled to date by Serge Lutens, but Fille en Aigulles may be my favorite.

The scent opens up with a sensuous forest coniferous resin, evoking memories of a summer morning hike in the Cascade Mountains. The resins are soon joined by a candied fruit, that gives a sweet and rich accord. Frankincense softens it out and it stays fairly linear for about 5-6 hours longevity. It faintly reminds me of Burberry London in the early stage, but heads in a different direction and quality quickly. Certainly not a projection beast, keeping slightly above a skin scent after the first hour.

It's very warm and authentic smelling. I was sniffing my wrist frequently, close to full on olfactory rapture. Definitely an easy Thumbs Up.
02nd November, 2015
Pine??? Where? This is mostly dried fruits. It's sweet, it's resinous, but pine? So misleading. I get virtually no pine here, which is unfortunate, because it's the reason I bought it. I ended up getting rid of my bottle, plus longevity stinks.

Does it smell good? I would be lying if I said it didn't It smells amazing, but not 70-110 bucks amazing. It doesn't smell overly unique; and considering there's no smell of pine to me, it makes it not worth owning.
12th September, 2015
This is a masterpiece... It makes me envision walking through a European pine forest in the rain, with wisps of smoke trailing through the air from the distant camp fires of hunters.

A deep and smooth pine scent makes up the top and heart of the scent, without any sharpness or cheap freshness. It's not aftershave... It's the scent of crushed pine needles.

This then merges smoothly with ambery spices which conjure the image of pine tree sap. The pine stops it from feeling like an Oriental or Gourmand, and I know that tree sap is not sweet, but the combination of sweetness and spices creates the mental image of the sticky resin.

Then this all rests on a woody (perhaps cedar) base to complete the analogy of the tree. However, there's no dryness. It's definitely moist and organic.

Sorry for the longwinded review, but it's definitely one of my favourite fragrances. The longevity is good and the scent is unique, but I have to admit that it won't please everyone. If you are a fan of Creed or designer fragrances and are looking for something which will garner compliments, I would probably direct you elsewhere. But if you are after something interesting, artistic, unique and don't really care what other people think of your scent... Try this. If nothing it will be an experience. :)
04th June, 2015

Add your review of Fille en Aiguilles

Shop for Fille en Aiguilles products online

Shop for Fille en Aiguilles at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Fille en Aiguilles

Member images of Fille en Aiguilles

There are no member images of Fille en Aiguilles yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Fille en Aiguilles