Fille en Aiguilles (2009)
by Serge Lutens

Fille en Aiguilles information

Year of Launch2009

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Creative DirectorSerge Lutens
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Fille en Aiguilles

Fille en Aiguilles is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Fille en Aiguilles fragrance notes

Reviews of Fille en Aiguilles

This opens with a Frankincense and pine blast, with a strange sweetness almost like maple syrup. within 1/2 hr. it dries down to more pine, spice and a warmth that is incredibly complex. I LOVE this fragrance!
01st June, 2017
Stardate 20170327:

Incense, spices and sweetness (candied fruit ?).
What is not to like.
But the beauty of this fragrance is its balance. You have to try it to believe it.
These three accords play very nice with each other, making sure everyone is heard. One can isolate them enjoy them on their own. But you can also let them coalesce and smell their union - a rare thing in perfumery.
27th March, 2017
Fille en Aguilles begins with a sharp, bitter frankincense note, combined with pine and fir balsam. It's reminiscent of some very sharp, dry and pungent oud scents I've experienced in the past.

Like the dozen or so Serge Lutens scents I've already experienced, it does not stint on the quality or intensity of the oils. You really get your money's worth when you buy a full bottle of any of their fragrances.

Fille is for me a bit too one note. I was looking for the "candied fruit and spice" dry down to ameliorate the harshness of the first half hour, but it never came. This is the first Serge Lutens scent I truly dislike. Still for those fans of raw oud and frankincense, it will surely please you. Too rough for me, though.
03rd April, 2016
A richly atmospheric juice of burnt embers and incense; where woodbark, brown humus and evergreen leaves lie strewn with red sweets.

No picnic in the woods this but Hansel and Gretel abandoned in the Dunkelwald (Dark Forest).

An expressionist tour de force that resonates with something deep in the unconscious.

(Fairytale inspiration courtesy of graindemusc)

*****
17th February, 2016 (last edited: 18th February, 2016)
vadim Show all reviews
Russian Federation
He's done it again! This is Lutens' standard fare, a sugary oriental base solution with a powdery ambery drydown, this time with some (very little) pine, franinsense and spice notes thrown in. Mediocre longevity for such a stifling conconction.
14th January, 2016
A BIG, BIG, thumbs up for Fille En Aiguilles! I purchased both Norne by Slumberhouse, and this gem from Surge Lutens at the same time. I love them both. Yes, there are some similar notes, but they are also quite different at the same time. Filled En Aiguilles is soft in a way that Norne isn't. Norne is like a sharp broadsword that slashes the senses, while Fille En Aiguilles takes a similar journey, but in a much more etherial way. It feels smooth without the smokiness from a forest fire that I get from Norne, but still has enough punch from the pine and incense that I'm very comfortable wearing it. In fact, I thoroughly enjoy wearing this fragrance, and I'd like to thank Serge Lutens for producing this fine product. I would recommend it to anyone who loves pine and sweet, wonderful incense blended in a way that is so incredibly pleasant...bravo!

I wore this again today, and I just really love this scent. I initially bought it because of the opening pine note, but I love the dry down as well. It's described as dried fruits, and or incense, but what it smells like to me is what Hansel and Gretel must have smelled when they came upon that gingerbread house in the forest. It's a very satisfying fragrance that smells more like Christmas to me than any other I've tried so far.
11th January, 2016 (last edited: 30th January, 2016)

Add your review of Fille en Aiguilles

Shop for Fille en Aiguilles products online

Search Amazon for Fille en Aiguilles

Member images of Fille en Aiguilles

There are no member images of Fille en Aiguilles yet. Why not be the first?