Pure Gold (2009)

Pure Gold information

Year of Launch2009

PerfumerPierre Montale

About Pure Gold

Pure Gold is a shared / unisex perfume by Montale. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Pierre Montale

Reviews of Pure Gold

riso Show all reviews
Apparently, I tried two different versions of Pure Gold. The first one (a decant from MUA friend) was a dense, opulent woody floral with a rich patchouli note. I was smitten, bought a bottle on E-bay - big disappointment! I thought I bought a fake one. After getting a decant from another MUAer and getting a sample from Lucky Scent I found out that my bottle didn't have an extra shot and the decant did. I wish Montale was more clear about his scents...
27th September, 2010

A discreet fruity / light floral scent, nicely composed, nicely balanced between fruit and florals – I can’t quite distinguish the particular fruit and floral notes because it presents itself so lightly to my nose. Pure Gold smells a bit soapy and ends up with a light aura of white musk and a soft vanilla. It’s not the kind of fragrance that I admire but it might be one for a person who desires a soft, well-made, feminine fruity floral.

07th June, 2010
bbBD Show all reviews
As far as fruity florals go, Pure Gold is a very fine example. Unlike the typical designer offering Pure Gold is restrained and classy, and Montale obviously employs good materials in production. This isn't a groundbreaking fruity floral but it's certainly worthwhile. I get quite a bit of jasmine and mandarin, but the composition is not overly sweet. For a fragrance that contains mandarin, and neroli it is not a citrus overload - the orange blossom adds enough 'green' to tamper that sweetness. After an hour or so a touch of light, musky patchouli enters the picture, but the orange-ish central accord never fully recedes.

Pure Gold isn't something I'd reach for or purchase, but if you're looking for a restrained fruity floral with very good longevity give this a check.
23rd December, 2009
jrd4t Show all reviews
Pure Gold is gorgeous. If you're familiar with Chanel's Coromandel and enjoy it, you'll love this. It has a number of new elements, including some berry notes and other juicy aspects. After the first 20 or so minutes, it transforms and becomes a wonderful experience of patchouli and vanilla. I'll be buying this shiny one this week!
13th September, 2009
It's an ordinary, soapy floral. A bit of apple and iris. It's a feminine scent through and through and ordinary. Closely resembles several $30-or-less bottles. You won't find a more forgettable bottle for over $50. Still, I'm not making it a negative on its incredible price tag alone. Just take this as a fair warning - you don't need to spend $150 or $200 on something that smells like this.
22nd July, 2009

Add your review of Pure Gold

Shop for Pure Gold products online

Search Amazon for Pure Gold

Member images of Pure Gold

There are no member images of Pure Gold yet. Why not be the first?

Related forum threads