Ricci Ricci (2009)

50ml EdP
    80ml EdP
    50ml EdP

Reviews of Ricci Ricci

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.

Den1011's avatar
    Den1011

Lovely

Personally I find this scent very original. The rhubarb note makes it special. I love how the base notes remind me of a creamy coconut and rose concoction (even though, coconut is not listed as a note). Men love this fragrance. I think it is partly due to the sweetness it has, toned down by patchouli.
    very nice indeed!

29 July, 2013

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Rhubarb and rose can be beautiful when blended together and fine examples of this can be found in Tocca's Brigitte and Burberry's Brit Red. Unfortunately in Ricci Ricci the sugary and jammy berry-like notes makes this fragrance more of a teen fruity floral rather than an exotically sensual spiced floral.

It's perhaps not as sweet as the previous Nina, with Ricci Ricci being much darker and richer, and minus the apple note. I get an odd berry-flavoured bubblegum scent in the opening which rounds out to jam, then an earthy fruity and patchouli blend.

Apparently this fragrance is sexy, and I guess in some ways you could call it that. I know I won't be wearing this around my man anytime soon, but I'm sure young girls all over the world are loving this stuff right now.

Surprisingly I do not smell the tuberose or the rose note whatsoever, yet I do believe the rose may feature alongside the rhubarb and the jam note creating a tart-like finish in the heart.

The scent is dark, but not nearly as gothic and raunchy as the advertisement seems to suggest. I still think this is an appropriate scent for young girls, although on my 20 year old skin it felt incredibly wrong, with my friend commenting that I smelt like a jam factory.

Such a shame that I couldn't like this fragrance. The lasting power and the cute bottle made it good, but just not good enough.

09 April, 2012

LadyDragonFire's avatar
    LadyDragonFire

It seems that I might have odd taste in perfume because I think I actually like this fragrance a lot!
    I tested this perfume on my arm today from the tester bottle at my local drug store. (It was a drug store with a large cosmetics section.) When I first sprayed it on it pretty much came out smelling exactly the way it smells when you peel an orange. It's a smell that I've always loved so I was instantly in love with this perfume! I was a little bit confused though because Ricci Ricci is always advertised as a "sexy" fragrance. At least, I thought the commercials came across that way! I love the smell of oranges but it's not really the most sexy or sensual thing. So I wandered off around the mall to do some more shopping and forgot about the perfume for a while. Some point later (probably at least half an hour later if not more) I smelled the perfume again (on my arm.) It didn't really smell like oranges or fruit so much anymore. I could tell that the fragrance had developed into something much stronger, heavier and "darker" if that makes any sense. At this point, it smelled like it could be a sexy evening fragrance. Even later, when it had really dried down I smelled it again and noticed that it had turned into a very patchouli-rose dominant fragrance, which is also something that I like. At this point the commercials for the perfume were really making sense. This is definitely a sexy evening perfume. I only sprayed a small amount of it onto one arm, but by the time the fragrance had really developed I could still tell that it was quite heavy and strong. Really nice, but strong. This one is definitely better for colder weather, and for wearing on hot dates. I think it might be off putting in hot weather and/or small enclosed rooms. It's also not really appropriate for wearing to work or to job interviews. People would notice your perfume for sure, and it might bother someone. That said, I actually do like this fragrance and I do recommend it if you are looking for a really nice heavy rose-patchouli perfume. (If you don't mind the fruity top notes that is. Personally I love them, but other people might find the juxtaposition of notes in this one weird.) I think this was a well done fragrance and it gets a big thumbs up from me.

26 October, 2011

njigga's avatar
    njigga

doesn't suit me..always pair it with other perfumes so don't really know about its longevity

27 December, 2010

castorpollux's avatar
    castorpollux

Fruity floral? check. Sweet? check. fresh top with rhubarb, bergamot, flowery mid with roses and a light sandalwood on the base? check
    Points off for unoriginality. It has been done before with better results.

09 August, 2010

dimplesg's avatar
    dimplesg

I love this scent. Its sweet but not too sweet. I like to wear it in the office. Its a very pleasant scent with longevity.

04 June, 2010 (Last Edited: 28 June, 2010)

Add your review of Ricci Ricci