VIP (2009)

HouseUsher
PerfumerHarry Fremont
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc

About VIP

VIP is a feminine perfume by Usher. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Harry Fremont

VIP fragrance notes

Reviews of VIP

Fahrenheit wanna be that will never be.... This is actually pretty decent but what turned me off from this was the sandalwood note is just too much and of course the longevity and projection could have been bit better. I have actually given this more chances than a lot of other fragrances due to it smelling like fahrenheit but every time I wear it I get let down due to the sandalwood. Try it out if you can't afford fahrenheit but don't expect much.
10th March, 2013
This is seems more of a masculine frag than a feminine one. I'm a confident guy, and I could see a woman rocking this one. Very nice. Don't usually see too many celebrity frags that smell good but this one does. Kind of powdery and slightly woody, this turns into a synthetic caramel of some sort. Not bad though.

The presentation is pretty good also (the bottle is a keeper). The projection and longevity is very decent. Try this one.
17th November, 2012 (last edited: 01st January, 2015)
Shpati Show all reviews
I got this as a sample, and I must say, I was surprised this was even considered a feminine scent. This smells like Fahrenheit for Men by Christian Doir.
24th October, 2011
I got this fragrance because I smelled it on a friend of mine & LOVED it. When I bought it online & smelled it I swore my friend must've played a trick on me & told me the wrong name bc the opening smelled HORRIBLE to me for some reason. It began to open up & while I liked it, I wasn't crazy over it like I did in the beginning. Well after a few months I decided to go back to it & I'm in love all over again!! It lasts on my skin all day. Projection is a bit close but definitely noticable in your cloud. It just has an addictive quality to me. I'm fairly new to the frag game but with Issey, Pure Malt, D&G, Rochas Man & a few others in my closet, this cheapie is moving up. Havent tried Fahrenheit yet. I think this frag is a pretty darn good. Dry down & the base are so smooth. Definitely give this one a try. I'm still waiting & hoping one of the famous YouTube reviewers does a review on it as I think this is very much underrated ESPECIALLY for the $22 price tag.
28th September, 2011
For a celebrity scent, Usher VIP is pretty impressive.

Usher's first releases, both for men and women, were either mediocre or shockingly bad, however this fragrance has managed to fall into a pleasant and likable category.

Usher VIP is very unisex in my opinion. It has many feminine qualities, particularly the rich, caramel-like sweetness that makes this fragrance so distinguishable.

The citruses in the opening are rather non-naturalistic. They tend to be sugared and syrupy. This fragrance settles on the skin very creamy-like and delicate. While masculine in some sense, I know that many of the buyers of this fragrance are women.

The spice, although present, is not all that strong. This fragrance consists mostly of sweet, powdery woods on a vanillary base.

The sillage is very intimate and the lasting power, although not bad, is fairly average. In my opinion, Usher VIP is reminiscent of those female fragrances that lean towards the masculine side. So ladies don't be afraid to try this one for yourself.

27th August, 2011
this is for men,not women! anyways, super cool bottle and cap,if it weren't for that ugly gold seventies style "V" on it! the frag is different,nothing like o.g. usher and has a dull[smooth?],bubblegum flavoured playdough vibe to it! i like it! and you can get sets on ebay for cheap,its worth it.
30th July, 2011

Add your review of VIP

Shop for VIP products online

Shop for VIP at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for VIP

Member images of VIP

There are no member images of VIP yet. Why not be the first?