Signature Story For Him (2009)
by Beckham

Signature Story For Him information

Year of Launch2009

HouseBeckham
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty

About Signature Story For Him

Signature Story For Him is a masculine fragrance by Beckham. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Signature Story For Him

This stuff is at my local TJ Maxx.. I had the displeasure of buying it then returning it within the hour. It smelled pretty good in the store. Sort of like a mix of Le Male, Polo Double Black and the lemon notes from Live Jazz. It smelled similar on my skin, but very headache inducing, extremely cloying, and with that nasty papery smell. The smell is a bit exotic and captivating at first, sort of gourmandish yet somewhat sporty and citrus. The closest I can compare it to are Le Male, and Double Black, but with some citrus in the top. Actually, if you have ever tried a Le Male wannabe known as 360 White by Perry Ellis, this is very similar. They both share that beyond cloying opening that is just too over the top and powdery in feel and slightly in smell if you know what I mean. Bleh.. NEXT!

1.7 oz of Signature Story is going for 16.99 at TJ Maxx, and that price is too much to me. This isn't worth more than 7 bucks at best.. and even if it were that low, I probably wouldn't buy it. While at the same time, Story doesn't compromise the quality ingredients, it does smell very rich and heavy, which at first made me ask myself if i was really sniffing a Coty fragrance.

Coty.. Beckham..Get your sh*t together already! Try making a fragrance with a quality feeling like this one, but with a pleasing aroma. Dip into some of your Nautica's for advice, at least all from the Voyage lineup smell great. Signature Story is just another sad story.
23rd July, 2010
I live by the rule that a fragrance should contain the same qualities from which you choose your music, your clothes and your food: It should make you feel good and it should be right for the occasion. The original Signature is a favorite of mine in the "smart casual" category. It has its own identity, it smells nice and fresh, it does not draw too much attention, it lasts all day (on my skin), and it has a remarkable relaxing/soothing quality. Perfect for office and daily wear.

Having enjoyed Signature so much, I looked forward to try out the new Story-version, which I bought blindly at a discount store. This is quite another story, however. It opens with a sickening, cloying smell of stale pineapple mixed up with some melon and other unpleasant fruity scents. I waited patiently for the scent to develop into something nice, but this didn't happen. At all stages I only sensed a cheap tutti-frutti smell that is unfit for any occasion, at least if you are out of your teens. It made me feel strongly uncomfortable and I had to wash it off after a couple of hours (when my wife went "yikes", too).

A complete disaster. Someone took the original Signature, corrupted everything that was good in it and came up with this horrible mish-mash. They should be punished - please make it go away!
06th May, 2010 (last edited: 16th June, 2010)
When I went to Macy's and smelled this one I was like wawo double take let me smell that again and it surprised me again and Im going back and get it.

It's a true story
19th November, 2009

Add your review of Signature Story For Him

Shop for Signature Story For Him products online

Search Amazon for Signature Story For Him

Member images of Signature Story For Him

There are no member images of Signature Story For Him yet. Why not be the first?