Oriental Lounge (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseThe Different Company
PerfumerCéline Ellena

About Oriental Lounge

Oriental Lounge is a shared / unisex perfume by The Different Company. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Céline Ellena

Oriental Lounge fragrance notes

Reviews of Oriental Lounge

great take on the Oriental genre, solid sillage and good longevity..bergamot , tonka till ana mber core for the final curtain, if you are into orientals this is a great one!
04th April, 2015
Bergamot, tonka and amber is what I'm picking up on the opening. This gives the fragrance a nice fresh aromatic sweet amber scent.

After a short while the pepper and woods come into play making sure the scent does not become too sweet. Later on in the drydown a slight floral rose note joins the blend giving the scent a extra dimension.

This accord of citrus aromatic amber and peppery woods is becoming quite common now. And I have smelled it in a lot of different fragrances.

A very nice scent though it does nothing to distinguish itself amongst other scents of it's kind. In fact I like Barkhane by Teo Cabanel better which is highly reminiscent of this fragrance.
22nd May, 2014
willyb Show all reviews
Dior homme intense mis-labeled?

Smells like diluted dior homme intense. Not bad, but not fantastic either .

Pros: Smooth
Cons: Unoriginal perhaps "

11th October, 2013
Kind of "meh" for me. It's a marshmallow-sweet vanilla with some lemony citrus on top, with a polite butterscotchy amber and a bit of powder. In my opinion, the curry is just a marketing gimmick - I can't smell it.

It's not nearly as rich as most scents of this type. That being said, it's still quite loud - it's just weirdly "thin". Despite some old-school elements, the loud sweetness makes Oriental Lounge smell modern. I don't know - I just don't care for screeching marshmallows, even if they do have a classy powdery amber undertone.
09th January, 2013
The smell of curry leaves defies description – pungent, herbal, metallic, somewhat caramelized; and yet someone reading those words would probably be completely surprised if they sniffed the real thing for the first time. No other scent comes close. To me it is the major chord of South Indian cuisine – the tempering of many dishes with curry leaves and mustard seeds in hot oil, to which additional tang is added by tamarind, and subtlety and creaminess by fresh coconut. The surface of the leaf has volatile oils which jump up and dance upon heating.
How on earth would Celine Ellena integrate this note that clearly belongs in the kitchen rather than upon the body? By masking. The curry leaf is glued firmly to the bergamot and together they approximate cigarette smoke – not terribly appealing if you already share house space with a smoker. Underneath is a base of tonka and amber which takes gradual steps forward all the time, and the fascinating bit of this fragrance is how this sweetness interacts with the florals, spice and woods over its evolution. Ultimately it’s all a bit too lived in for me, like yesterday’s perfume on yesterday’s shirt – I’d rather put it in the wash.
20th August, 2012
Prim and proper or pusillanimous? It's all a matter of taste, I suppose--one which I have yet to acquire in the case of the kinder, gentler, thinner orientals of which The Different Company ORIENTAL LOUNGE is one. Upon application, I was sure that I recognized the scent, and I probably did in the form of fleeting traces of many classic oriental perfumes, but here it was all too foggy and distinct, mealy-mouthed and weak.

"Thin orientals" seem to be wanting to be all things to all people but end by being simply too wishy-washy for me. I guess that I'm just old school when it comes to orientals. I like them dark, strong, and intoxicating. The sort of perfume that you'd have to wear to be noticed in a dark, smoke-filled oriental lounge, come to think of it. Does ORIENTAL LOUNGE smell bad? No, not at all. But it smells to me like the silhouette of a perfume.

Although ORIENTAL LOUNGE is not for me, anyone who likes this sort of "thin oriental" should definitely check out the Romea D'Ameor line (also composed by a great nose, but not his best work, IMNSHO).
07th September, 2011

Add your review of Oriental Lounge

Shop for Oriental Lounge products online

Shop for Oriental Lounge at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Oriental Lounge

Member images of Oriental Lounge

There are no member images of Oriental Lounge yet. Why not be the first?