Oriental Lounge (2009)

HouseThe Different Company
PerfumerCéline Ellena
PackagingThierry de Baschmakoff

About Oriental Lounge

Oriental Lounge is a shared / unisex perfume by The Different Company. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Céline Ellena. The bottle was designed by Thierry de Baschmakoff

Oriental Lounge fragrance notes

Reviews of Oriental Lounge

Mod, fresh, Célinesque,
This Hello Kitty amber,
Strobe-lite Opium.
14th December, 2017
This is what I wear when I would like to have a dimmer switch on my Tom Ford Amber Absolute.

Now, having said that, let me be clear that they are not the same scent - this is more feminine. I agree with other reviewers, which is what made me think this would be the amber I needed for "regular" wear. I would NOT have my husband wear this - it really does lean too feminine in my opinion, and I would not wish to smell this on a man.

I have no explanation looking at the notes listed as to why this should NOT work on a man, except it must be the way in which the notes/materials are blended. It's just light, and suggests womanly beauty...there is nothing here that even hints at masculine angles.

I'd like to wear this with a long green velvet gown.
19th October, 2017
Should have paid more attention to rogalal!
Blind bought this and and it is unisex if you use a very broad definition.
Very sweet and feminine, may have some similarities with one of the Chanel fragrances marketed to women. Will have to go through my wife's collection to verify.
Good quality, a little interesting touch of spice, but mostly sweet!

After revisiting my wife's fragrances, it indeed it is a 1st Cousin to Coco Chanel.
Smells better for the first 20 minutes, but does not have the legs of Coco which gives a solid 6-7 hours. If it had solid longevity I would recommend it highly to women. As it is, it is severely over priced for anyone.
10th December, 2015 (last edited: 11th December, 2015)
Oriental Lounge by The Different Company is a beautiful sweet Oriental fragrance. From the first spray you can smell the amber and tonka. In the dry down it is a soft Oriental gourmand. The tonka really shines in the dry down. It is sweet, peppery, spicy, mysterious and alluring. I could picture Greta Garbo wearing this fragrance in Grand Hotel.
08th December, 2015
great take on the Oriental genre, solid sillage and good longevity..bergamot , tonka till an amber core for the final curtain, if you are into orientals this is a great one!
04th April, 2015 (last edited: 14th January, 2016)
Bergamot, tonka and amber is what I'm picking up on the opening. This gives the fragrance a nice fresh aromatic sweet amber scent.

After a short while the pepper and woods come into play making sure the scent does not become too sweet. Later on in the drydown a slight floral rose note joins the blend giving the scent a extra dimension.

This accord of citrus aromatic amber and peppery woods is becoming quite common now. And I have smelled it in a lot of different fragrances.

A very nice scent though it does nothing to distinguish itself amongst other scents of it's kind. In fact I like Barkhane by Teo Cabanel better which is highly reminiscent of this fragrance.
22nd May, 2014

Add your review of Oriental Lounge

Shop for Oriental Lounge products online

Search Amazon for Oriental Lounge

Member images of Oriental Lounge

There are no member images of Oriental Lounge yet. Why not be the first?