Fahrenheit Absolute (2009)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Fahrenheit Absolute

Dior introduced Fahrenheit Absolute in 2009 to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the original Fahrenheit. The perfumer was François Demachy

Fahrenheit Absolute fragrance notes

Reviews of Fahrenheit Absolute

Smells great but not as close to vintage Fahrenheit as I thought it would be since I read that many think this is pretty close to the original. I get some of the original Fahrenheit in the opening blast but then everything settles down to a soft, powdery floral. That being said, it's a wonderful scent that I do enjoy. Projection pulls back quickly after the first hour, gets close to the skin.
29th April, 2016
Griff Show all reviews
This above all the other flankers and the original, is the best Fahrenheit of all. A perfect restructuring of the weird violet leaf and ozone 80's masterpiece. And it's discontinued. Figures.
06th March, 2016
Tested from a sample today and tonight.
It's true it's a shame this has been discontinued. I have F original and F Parfum and like all three, although they're all different.
F Absolute is closer to the original, especially at the start. It's intensive violets, which I love (reminds me only in this part of the intense parma violet start of the vintage Grey Flannel) and that signature F petroly tarmacy smell. For me too there is a time of a sort of medicinal note that made me think of the antiseptic cream Germoline. I agree with others who have referred to churches, a kind of Medieval/Gothic vibe. At the beginning at least I could imagine a dark-cloaked figure (actually of either sex) pouring over an ancient arcane manuscript in an empty church, the stone cold and dark.
However for me it quickly becomes much brighter with the lovely powdery violets coming through even more. I guess the cloaked figure walks out of the church into the bright autumn sun, flings back her (on reflection a dark-haired woman) cloak and walks briskly and with purpose out of the churchyard. The end is a pleasant, powdery skin scent.
For me the longevity was a bit disappointing: only a couple of hours until the skin-scent stage. A word of warning about the sillage: I got used to the scent incredibly quickly, thinking it wasn't projecting at all....It was!
I also received a compliment about it from a friend who normally gleefully tells me "no" to 9 out of 10 of the fragrances I've tried, so this is a good sign.
Overall very lovely. I don't think it would ever have replaced the original F for me, but if it hadn't been discontinued, I most probably would have bought a bottle eventually.
PS also love the dark and dangerous black and red bottle design.
September 2015
02nd September, 2015
Dark and angry version of Fahrenheit. It's like walking into the dragons den with a flaming smoldering sword ready to do battle. The addition of myrhh, Oud, and saffron make this one of if not the best rendition of Fahrenheit. Very special fragrance and something every fragrance lover should experience.
07th July, 2015 (last edited: 22nd July, 2015)
Fahrenheit flankers have it rough. The original was (and still is) instantly recognizable and, to this day, nothing really smells like it. So, if you’re Dior, do you reference the original directly? Take it in a completely direction? Or try and find a balance between the two and see where it lands? I find Fahrenheit Absolute to sit awkwardly somewhere in between those first two options and, as the result, it doesn’t quite work.

This is a schizophrenic and confused scent in a number of ways: it seems to reference aspects of the original through a heavy, almost oily kind of aesthetic, yet it’s also trying to converse with contemporary tastes by placing the quasi-formal heart over a mall-like sweet bro-base. It just doesn't quite pull it off.

I think it’s fairly well known at this point that Fahrenheit Absolute swerves sharply away from the original, opening with a slightly green blast of sweaty cumin as opposed to the violet of the original. There are gasoline references, but much of the violet has been supplanted by a hefty myrrh and synth sandalwood. The result is a dense, convoluted blend that's somewhat engaging yet too opaque. But it's really let down by a level of sweetness that's pitched too high and continues to amplify the longer you have it on your skin. The sweet accord is half decent, splitting its time between the honeyed oud of Kalemat Black and the overly sweet bases of a line like Orto Parisi. It’s basically a combo of caramel, synth sandalwood, and myrrh which, if you have the sweet tooth that enjoys the current wave of sugary masculines, could work out well for you. But the problem is, people who seem to like these sweet scents don’t get along with sweaty cumin — and there’s a fair amount of it here. And that’s the schizo dilemma once more: is Fahrenheit Absolute aiming for a refined gentleman or the younger club crowd? It’s trying to do both and it’s not working out.

Don’t get me wrong: it's not as sweet as a Nasamatto or Orto Parisi, but it’s in that same vein and it's sweet enough to feel like an inauthentic cash-grab. I can see Dior's dilemma and the reason why this was discontinued as the result: it's too much of a cartoonish cliche for fans of the somewhat grimy original, and yet it's not sickening enough to sit alongside mainstream sugar bombs of today. It's a shame really, as it's a pretty okay scent despite being a tad muddy, and it offers a slightly more refined take on really sweet scents like Armani's Myrrh Imperiale and Imaginary Authors' Memoirs of a Trespasser -- both of which do the candied myrrh thing, only with more candy. For me, it feels too confused and too divergent from the original while trying to hold on to some of what made the original work so well. While I wouldn’t say “sit this one out” (and I might even buy a bottle myself if I saw it for a good price), just know what you’re getting into: a sweet, contemporary masculine with a bunch of interesting aspects that clash in too many ways.
06th May, 2015
Salutation.

Usually i dont buy other versions a fragrance but DIOR is one of exceptions as after original FAHRENHEIT and FAHRENHEIT 32 too i bought this one a few days ago.I find everything in a GOOD way.The scent,The name and The packet.

A surprise for FAHRENHEIT fans However in my opinion it is not as Amazing as original version because i think FAHRENHEIT is a UNFREQUENTED FABLE!This one has more tendency to be Young Character and is popular too Maybe because is less Strong than it.

A modern Classic,Masculine,Cryptic, Seductive and Warm fragrance for a Needless Man.Definitely not for Everyone.If you smell it in a Hot days it seems quite Heavy.it is like to walk through a Beautiful garden in the EVENING autumn when your Lover is with you,give you positive status About her.

Perfect for a concert too but it is not ideal for Office use.Anyway FA is much better of more new fragrances are without character.Overall i never tired The DIOR fragrances because they are like BRILLIANT in my collection.

Sillage?Good.

Longevity?Admissible on my skin.

7.5/10