Fahrenheit Absolute (2009)

HouseChristian Dior
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Fahrenheit Absolute

Dior introduced Fahrenheit Absolute in 2009 to celebrate the 21st anniversary of the original Fahrenheit. The perfumer was François Demachy

Fahrenheit Absolute fragrance notes

Reviews of Fahrenheit Absolute

Moderately pleasant, however the Petroleum note has been tamped down to a whisper and overall it seems a bit of a blob of spiced Amber Vanilla sweetness, less a work of Art, more a homogenized crowd-pleaser. My current perspective is that Vintage 2002 back is truer to Sieuzac's "Brilliant" intention.
05th September, 2016
This is, by far, the best of the Fahrenheit line. I like it better than the original. Granted I never smelled the vintage formulation, just the 2013+ "vanilla" versions. It is so much darker than Fahrenheit.

The best way I could describe it is the dark petroleum of Fahrenheit mixed with Van Cleef Midnight in Paris. If you like Midnight in Paris, then you should definitely like this one too.

Too bad it got discontinued, I will have to stock up on these as they will sure go for ridiculous prices in the near future.

Today, I found 2012 Fahrenheit which raiders of the lost scent blog claims to be the last batch of petroleum version and I do like that version better. So I would rate them:
1 vintage through 2012
2 Fahrenheit Absolute
3 2013 Fahrenheit
25th July, 2016
Smells great but not as close to vintage Fahrenheit as I thought it would be since I read that many think this is pretty close to the original. I get some of the original Fahrenheit in the opening blast but then everything settles down to a soft, powdery floral. That being said, it's a wonderful scent that I do enjoy. Projection pulls back quickly after the first hour, gets close to the skin.
29th April, 2016
Griff Show all reviews
This above all the other flankers and the original, is the best Fahrenheit of all. A perfect restructuring of the weird violet leaf and ozone 80's masterpiece. And it's discontinued. Figures.
06th March, 2016
Tested from a sample today and tonight.
It's true it's a shame this has been discontinued. I have F original and F Parfum and like all three, although they're all different.
F Absolute is closer to the original, especially at the start. It's intensive violets, which I love (reminds me only in this part of the intense parma violet start of the vintage Grey Flannel) and that signature F petroly tarmacy smell. For me too there is a time of a sort of medicinal note that made me think of the antiseptic cream Germoline. I agree with others who have referred to churches, a kind of Medieval/Gothic vibe. At the beginning at least I could imagine a dark-cloaked figure (actually of either sex) pouring over an ancient arcane manuscript in an empty church, the stone cold and dark.
However for me it quickly becomes much brighter with the lovely powdery violets coming through even more. I guess the cloaked figure walks out of the church into the bright autumn sun, flings back her (on reflection a dark-haired woman) cloak and walks briskly and with purpose out of the churchyard. The end is a pleasant, powdery skin scent.
For me the longevity was a bit disappointing: only a couple of hours until the skin-scent stage. A word of warning about the sillage: I got used to the scent incredibly quickly, thinking it wasn't projecting at all....It was!
I also received a compliment about it from a friend who normally gleefully tells me "no" to 9 out of 10 of the fragrances I've tried, so this is a good sign.
Overall very lovely. I don't think it would ever have replaced the original F for me, but if it hadn't been discontinued, I most probably would have bought a bottle eventually.
PS also love the dark and dangerous black and red bottle design.
September 2015
02nd September, 2015
Dark and angry version of Fahrenheit. It's like walking into the dragons den with a flaming smoldering sword ready to do battle. The addition of myrhh, Oud, and saffron make this one of if not the best rendition of Fahrenheit. Very special fragrance and something every fragrance lover should experience.
07th July, 2015 (last edited: 22nd July, 2015)

Add your review of Fahrenheit Absolute