Homme (Aoud) (2004)

Homme (Aoud) Fragrance Notes

Homme (Aoud) information

Homme (Aoud) is a men's fragrance by Micallef. The scent was launched in 2004

Reviews of Homme (Aoud)

Showing 1 to of 4 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

drseid's avatar

Homme Aoud is primarily a synthetic oud and patchouli combo scent with rose and mild spice accents. It, like Rosam from Histoire de Parfums, has a more than passing resemblance to Black Aoud from Montale. Projection is superb, and longevity is average. Very unisex despite its name.

Similar to Rosam, while I like this scent on its own merits, I find it hard to recommend when it smells so much like Black Aoud that is less money per milliliter and was released ahead of it, while smelling equally as good. I like Homme Aoud by Micallef, but it is more than a bit superfluous, IMO. A 3 stars out of 5 and a very mild thumbs up rating accordingly.

15 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 20th December, 2012)

davido22's avatar

I like this one a lot although it took me a while to wrap my nose around the gourmand aspect of the scent. There is a dense dark oud lurking behind a salt caramel outer wrapping that offset me at first but now really tickles my fancy.

26 November, 2011

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

Smooth and dry oud wood coated with a huge saffron-honey note. Oud in here is obviously natural one. (I thought it's worth mentioning since there are also synthetic oud's around, even in niche markets)

Simple but very well balanced fragrance, which is despite the gender label easily wearable for women, too. Unpretentious, natural and exotic unisex juice that is not original at all (there are millions of the oud-saffron-honey perfumes available in Arabia), but comparing to many of it's siblings it is superior in quality of blending.

The price is killing me, though.

19 March, 2011

timaru's avatar

Germany Germany

Awesome stuff! Strong at first, almost rancid barnyard aoud, reminding me a little of Motale - Cuir d'Arabies beginning.
    Cinnamon and honey kick in after a while, turning it down to a delicious, sweet/spicy feel good aoud (while I dont detect some mentioned saffron nor nutmeg).
    Patchouli adds spice, darkness and some dirty aspects with sandalwood in the base, structuring the whole thing.
    Delicious, amazing and possibly my very favourite aoud right now.

11th March, 2010

Add your review of Homme (Aoud)