Miyako (2005)

Based on 19 ratings

Miyako information

Miyako is a women's fragrance by Annayaké. The scent was launched in 2005

Reviews of Miyako

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

Captain's avatar

I picked up 50 mls for $50 on eBay and it came in the cutest coffret. :3

In my limited fragrance life time I find it similar to Dior Mitzah, which I think is discontinued or very limited? Not that Miyako is easy to come by it’s definitely less expensive, has better longevity and silage. It is less sweet than Mitzah, by a touch and more dry. I find it may be a touch like SL Ambre Sultan but they aren’t interchangeable. AS is herbal, this is not.

Those other fragrances aside! I’m in incense heaven. This is a warm woody, sweet and rich incense - very feminine. It’s downright beautiful and worth the effort to acquire or try.

27 June, 2014

Lyuba's avatar

Well. Annayake house is my new find and I feel it will be long-term relationship if not love forever as already four fragrances won my heart effortlessly.
    Here is review for oriental-woody Miyako.

First of all I would love to comment "similarity" with Ambre Sultan and previous review by cheril.
    It is similar BY NOTES - not by how at acts, not how it develops, in fact they are different and Miyako here is waaaaay ahead. Will explain myself. While Ambre Sultan with its herbal-spicy kicking notes of the kitchen (bay leaf and oregano that I use a lot while making dinners) reminds me bad tempered odalisque, Miyako stays so wise, pure, deep and so calm samurai-girl. Also I love how incense behaves here - its not screaming loud, its exactly Japanese philosophy so different from european/american fragrances - incense here is simply Exists, creating mysterious almost vintagy feel. Hinoki wood is something unusual for my nose but I instantly liked it. Its just superb quality oriental smoky fragrance, refined, natural and most importantly - not known to everyone.

14 May, 2014

cheryl's avatar

Fragrantica says the notes are:
    Top notes: cardamom, cinnamon, frankincense
    Middle notes: Hinoki wood, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, patchouli, cedar, sandalwood
    Base notes: musk, wild rose, benzoin, myrrh, amber

This is a beautiful fragrance..a one can easily imagine it as a spiritual Japanese incense scent as it purportedly was inspired by. But at the same time if you have Serge Luten's Ambre Sultan..you will not need this. They are nearly identical. The Miyako speaks in a softer voice with a slightly sweeter lilt of cinnamon and cardamon. The Miyako deepens into a slightly creamier amber. The differences are truly slight. I LOVE them both.

17 December, 2010

ANNAYAKE MIYAKO LIMITED EDITION WOMEN'S EAU DE PARFUM 50 ML / 1.7 OZ NIB
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 1 day
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)
    COFFRET ANNAYAKE MIYAKO EDITION LIMITED WOMEN EDP 50ml NEW