Life Threads: Platinum (2009)
by La Prairie

Life Threads: Platinum information

Year of Launch2009

HouseLa Prairie
Parent CompanyBeiersdorf > La Prairie Group

About Life Threads: Platinum

Life Threads: Platinum is a feminine perfume by La Prairie. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Life Threads: Platinum

I have always harbored a negative prejudice against companies such as La Prairie which tout something as gimmicky as caviar as the basis of their entire skincare line, but I must say that I am delightfully surprised by my first foray into their perfume offerings. Happily, they had the good sense not to extend their caviar obsession to their new fragrance line...

LIFE THREADS PLATINUM is a gorgeous, complex and rich floral chypre perfume, occupying the same general olfactory neighborhood as LA PERLA. PLATINUM offers a touch of leather and a slightly lower dose of patchouli, but the labdanum and floral symphony here is simply exquisite! PLATINUM, like LA PERLA, has more of a modern and comforting feeling than some of the colder, classic, green chypres. This composition offers the snuggliness of a high-quality oriental perfume along with the texture and depth of a chypre. I love it!

In addition to being beautiful, PLATINUM also has fairly big sillage and good longevity. On my wish list!
28th October, 2011
This is a rich leathery floral. It strikes me as a scent of appeal more to women than men -- it is floral, sweet, pretty and opulent. The dry-down lightens the scent up a bit, and gives a cool, expansive and interesting note. It isn't anything I would choose to wear, but I could appreciate it on the right person.
05th October, 2010
I think this is pretty close to what it aspires to be. The notes above give a pretty accurate portrait of what you get. There is a crystalline quality at the opening...violets and Iris playing against a richer (but still airy) plum. There is a bit of depth or sharpness of vetiver. It's more of a sueded rose than a leather rose. It's reads "classy floral." I get about 3 hours worth.
24th August, 2010
A wonderful, wonderful fragrance - a modern re-incarnation of Jolie Madame. Classy, elegant, long-lasting. The best scent ever released by La Prarie (a brand I normally don't recommend when it comes to perfumes). But Platinum is a proof of the fact that miracles can happen...- a new interpretation of an old theme, a genuine "modern classic". Very beautiful perfume-atomizer. Stays on my skin for about 5-6 hs.
23rd August, 2010
Hmmmm .... very very disappointing as far as longevity goes. It's disappeared on me a scant 3 hours after a HEAVY application at the counter. I was so looking forward to the galbanum and jasmine (being a #19 freak!!) but sadly this just did not deliver. Same problem with sister fragrance Silver ... although that one is clutching on for dear life and is only just still there. Not worth the price tag!!! I think I'll stick to the classics!
12th December, 2009

Add your review of Life Threads: Platinum

Shop for Life Threads: Platinum products online

Shop for Life Threads: Platinum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Life Threads: Platinum

Member images of Life Threads: Platinum

There are no member images of Life Threads: Platinum yet. Why not be the first?