Dover Street Market (2009)
by Comme des Garçons

Dover Street Market information

Year of Launch2009

HouseComme des Garçons

About Dover Street Market

Dover Street Market is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2009

Dover Street Market fragrance notes

Reviews of Dover Street Market

Genre: Woods

I really love the top notes on Dover Street Market: an extra tart citrus cocktail spiked with frankincense. Unfortunately, the pleasant, but by now unremarkable smoky incense accord that follows is comparatively pedestrian. It smells as if torn right out of the Bertrand Duchaufour playbook, circa 2002. Comme des Garçons has done this kind of thing to death already, and while it’s certainly possible to like Dover Street Market more (or less) than any number of other dry incense fragrances, I can’t say that it adds anything to the house’s lineup. Neither terribly potent or all that long lasting if those are concerns.
12th June, 2014
Dry and lovely

Dry incense and dusty, in a very good way. Very much of a skin scent on me, and one that i very much enjoy. It is very well blended; the woods and the incense blend together very well, forming an integrated whole. A hint of citrus, but just a hint, provide balance and keep it from being too austere.

_____

7 hour later, and this is just a delicious scent. The combination of the woods and incense are just stunning at this point. Still a skin scent, and still lovely.

08th October, 2013
This is better than neutral; not because it is original for CDG (it is NOT),
but because it is a bridge between the dusky/smoky incense series, and the gorgeous and freshly alien-vibe of CDG 3.
Heavier and woodier than CDG 3; would actually make a decent substitute, since CDG 3 is quite difficult to come across these days.
20th July, 2011
I like it. I agree with the assessment below that Dover Street is a good entry-level offering by CdG into their incense style. It is not as bold as Hinoki nor does it make such distinctive statements as the Incense Series scents. This is an office-friendly, casual sort of scent and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
The scent is bright, sprightly, and energizing. Citrus-pepper opening notes give way to nutty-woody spice (coriander) and good hints of resinous incense. The tangy juniper does give a gin-like note. Generally, the notes are smoothly blended. The dry-down has lovely incense and wood notes... in a light, translucent style. Its restraint and casual charm make this rather classy, in my opinion. Suitable for any occasion, any weather.
12th May, 2011
I’m not sure what I’m getting – some citrus, some pine, I believe, and some labdanum. I can identify those notes as individual, but, except for the first thirteen seconds, they don’t seem to be working in combination… When I smell the opening accord I’m thinking: “This can’t be Comme des Garçon… CdG would make something more interesting than this!” I mainly find the opening accord insignificant and a little bit off. Significance eludes the heart notes, too, to my nose. Dover Street Market gets really barren in these middle notes except for an unimpressive wood accord. I lose just about everything except some residual pine and a bit of patchouli.

I don’t smell any incense, and that may be why I have problem with it. I probably have selective anosmia to whatever they are using for incense, and this is a factor in my lack of appreciation for the entire fragrance. I’m missing the cedar and juniper berries, too. I get weakness for sillage and shortness for longevity… I guess I’ll have to be satisfied with my Avignon and Kyoto because Dover Street Market is just not very interesting.
06th April, 2011
Kaern Show all reviews
Very much like other CDG offerings -- the pepper and woods mixture is almost becoming a signature note with them. The pepper and pine seem to dominate the whole fragrance after a time -- I don't find the incense very noticeable except for adding a sort of dusty dry vibe. Longevity and sillage are both good for me and it isn't very expensive. Not innovative but I like it.
07th April, 2010

Add your review of Dover Street Market

Shop for Dover Street Market products online

Shop for Dover Street Market at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Dover Street Market

Member images of Dover Street Market

There are no member images of Dover Street Market yet. Why not be the first?