Grey Vetiver (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseTom Ford
SupplierFirmenich

About Grey Vetiver

Grey Vetiver is a masculine fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Grey Vetiver

Salutation.

GREY VETIVER defines of Masculine Elegance.This Lovely Scent possesses a blend of Woodsy notes giving it an Exciting scent.A True head turner as I constantly get Compliments whenever I wear it. Elaborate,Modern,Classy, Addictive,Expensive,Woodsy,Appealing and Distinct.

A fresh and Citrucy Opening with Citruses followed by a Lovely heart of Spice and The base includes a Unique blend of Woodsy Notes That Making you feel like Walk in an Exotic grove and also Gives you Mystique.

The Perfect scent for the Everyday also Surprisingly Intimate and Subtle when wear on a Date Because This Scent is So Cute for Ladies.GREY VETIVER will definitely help make Your perfect SPRING&SUMMER.I would Highly Recommend this EDP If you like fresh scents with some depth.

Sillage?Nice.

Longevity?Superb on my skin.

Thank You TOM FORD.

7.75/10
11th May, 2015
What Daniel Craig sprays on to get into his tuxedoed, James Bond character.
11th March, 2015
My favorite Tom Ford. This was a surprise since it is a vetiver that is both a very elegant wearer and a sophisticated fragrance that doesn't become a bore after repeated wearings. It is more modern than the classics and it isn't done on the cheap. This is actually a complex and rich composition with a soapy quality and some powder (orris) in the dry down. It also has a spicy, mossy feel and leaves a very alluring trail. I find it very classy and satisfactory and go for it very often. I can't recommend this enough to both vetiver enthusiasts and newcomers to the genre. Perfect for all seasons and occasions and one of the scents that I have repurchased many times.
01st March, 2015
A beautifully refreshing scent from Tom Ford. The modern take on Vetiver for a younger generation and it works very well. I stumbled across this in Rome during a hot summer and was intoxicated by it. The 35 degree heat did wonders and I couldn't stop smelling my arm. Bought it within 10 minutes. In my opinion it smells like quality so it's worth the price.

Back in the UK we're not blessed with such temperatures so I wear this with a suit to the office. The perfect frangrance for being taken seriously. It's definitely my favourite TF so far.

The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is the projection isn't great on me. I can usually smell this for the first 30 minutes but then it's gone unless I search my arm for it. Maybe it's just me. Also I've only ever received 1 compliment on it and she was 60 :-(
27th February, 2015
Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver (edp) is one of the very best releases in its genre. This is a fresh, clean vetiver fragrance with some tart citrus, perhaps lemon, in the opening. The citrus subsides after a while and one is left with a very refined scent of vetiver and soft woody notes. It does not project a lot; rather, it is very subtle and sophisticated. Longevity is pretty good, all of which makes it a great choice as an office fragrance.

It is much less green and leans more towards being 'white' if one has to provide a visual interpretation. It is not as green as Creed Original Vetiver; it pretty much is the modern counterpart to great traditional vetivers such as Guerlain and Givenchy. It is also a perfect complement to the citrus and aquatic fragrances that people usually wear on summer days. While not as stunning as Creed's Original Vetiver (another great fresh vetiver fragrance) or Chanel's Sycomore (a completely different beast), it is a solid fragrance by itself and ticks almost all the right boxes.

A modern classic.
16th February, 2015
One of the only scents from Tom Ford that I find is worth the price. I was given a sample of Grey Vetiver by a retailer and didn't expect a whole lot from it as I never seemed to find much appeal in Tom Ford fragrances that I'd sampled in the past. This however, changes my opinion of the line a bit.

I'm a big fan of Vetiver scents but so many seem copies of classics or slight adaptations of a market benchmark. Grey Vetiver to me has a clean smell, but with considerably less green sweetness that I find in most other vetiver offerings. This one is very "office professional" and could easily be worn in any day setting. My local retailer who has come to know me, provided me several samples and when they are used up I'll probably add a bottle to my collection.
12th February, 2015 (last edited: 13th February, 2015)

Add your review of Grey Vetiver