Grey Vetiver (2009)

SupplierFirmenich
Creative DirectorTom Ford
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Grey Vetiver

Grey Vetiver is a masculine fragrance by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2009

Reviews of Grey Vetiver

Superbly rendered Vetiver that really does leave the likes of Guerlain smelling like a curious relic. I can't agree that the two are all that close as some have suggested. Where Guerlain's Vetiver dries down to that unpalatable "old man" smell, this settles down to a soapy grass with just a touch of sweet.

There is something on the edge of this fragrance that mid way through really sings and it's so, so good. I once had a bottle of L'Artisan Parfumeur's Vetiver (the original one) and it was so bitter and cloying to my nose. Tom Ford's starts off like a muted version of that but the development is where it takes a different direction and what a direction.

This becomes like a second skin on me and I'm sitting here as I'm typing on some sort of perfume-high as it gently drifts up from my chest.

There really is nothing more I can add that hasn't already been written. You pay a premium for this but you can smell the quality throughout.

I think I'd have to agree with a previous reviewer who suggested this should now be considered the reference Vetiver.

This review is for the EDP version.
03rd September, 2016
I usually hate vetiver fragrances, but this is a nice spicy, citrus and green grass fragrance. Not FB worthy, but a thumbs up b/c it's a vetiver that I like.
05th July, 2016
Perfectly masculine. Just barely some spice. Understated, not flashy. A soapy drydown fades to something more comfortable. The new suit and tie.
30th June, 2016
Every once in while, while I am waiting for my girl to pick another purse, I make a pass to through Sephora. I like to see if anything has changed. Most is rubbish.

This one always catches me up. No rubbish here. This is a standard scent, not flashy. It is the kind of scent that will become one of the old standbys.
18th June, 2016
I had heard good things about this fragrance, so I figured I would like it. I like Original Vetiver by Creed, but I struggled with the synthetic feeling of Grey Vetiver. I did enjoy the final stage more than the opening or the middle notes as it softened, but I'll have to give it another wear.
02nd May, 2016
I fell in love with this scent almost instantaneously, it makes me feel like I'm finally home, confortable and relaxed. As a woman I've never been attracted to flowery women scents unless it's light and mixed with citrus notes. In my twenties I was already looking for something more masculine but not too heavy either and couldn't find what I was looking for. This is the one! 15 years later.
The mix of vetiver, orange, grapefruit makes perfect sense for a woman to wear it, it lighten the base. As the top notes start to fade, the warmth of the vetiver is staying on my skin for the rest of the day and can help me survive a stressful day at work or escort me in the weekend as I lounge on my sofa or walk in the wood near my house.
My boyfriend likes it, I like it.

23rd April, 2016