Bellissima (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseBlumarine
PerfumerSophie Labbé

About Bellissima

Bellissima is a feminine perfume by Blumarine. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Sophie Labbé

Reviews of Bellissima

Bellissima is an easy musky/floral with an introducing orange/grapefruit, a strong note of peonia, a slight aquatic vibe and a woody/musky base barely powdery. Nothing compelling but the smell is pleasant, not particularly synthetic and versatile with an hint of fruity bitterness (probably tart/smoky) in the middle of the musky fruity/ floral sharpeness. The peonia is effectively heady even when the dry down is settled. Longevity and projection are in the average.
05th January, 2013
I've noticed that many reviews liken Bellissima to other scents on the market. On my skin this fragrance does not smell like Ralph Lauren's Romance, D&G The One or L'eau The One. Instead it smells like an exact copy of Moschino's Funny!

From the sharp, citrusy opening of orange, to the rich peony heart and the musky base, the similarities to Funny! are either intentional or a pure coincidence. With that being said, I'd classify Bellissima as a fruity floral.

The scent is very refreshing and Summery, however I do wish that there were more floral notes here, I want to smell the passion flower note badly.

I don't get much in the way of sweetness here, so perhaps that is a fault of my skin chemistry rather than the scent itself.

I just haven't come to terms with how similar Funny! and Bellissima are. I can only wish that I still had a drop left of Funny! so I could compare the two on either wrist.

I applied Bellissima to a piece of paper where I could clearly smell a sweetened, candy-like raspberry note which does remind me of The One in some instances. However I can not detect this note on my own skin.

Unfortunately I'm disappointed by Bellissima, since I had expected something a little different and more floral. However as a substitute for Moschino's Funny! I'm not all that disappointed.

05th July, 2011
This fragrance is a standout (quite a feat when you consider a new scent is released practically every day somewhere in the world).

From the classic elegance of the bottle shape to the romantic color of pale rose colored juice inside, this perfume is not your average department store release. I have already gone through 2 sample vials and loved every minute I wore this scent. It is described as a floral musk but I would never guess there is floral in this. It reminds me of a slightly creamier/fruitier Bvlgari Au The Blanc. And I do mean "slightly".

Top notes: dew drops, ginger, grapefruit and orange
Mid notes: peony and passionflower
Base notes: sandalwood, musk, cashmere and vanilla blossom

It is extremely well blended, no one note dominates. And it is subtly sensual. In fact, I would love to know which note, or combination of notes, evokes this feeling, I would search it out in other fragrances. Given its romantic sensuality, it would work well as an evening scent. And yet, I would not hesitate to wear this to the office, because it has a sheerness to it, like the aforementioned Au The Blanc. It had good lasting power on me, I'd say 5 hours on the skin and all day when spritzed on clothing.

This is unlike any other scent I've sniffed and I've sampled quite a few (h/e, niche, department store - you name it).
06th November, 2009

Add your review of Bellissima

Shop for Bellissima products online

Search Amazon for Bellissima

Member images of Bellissima

There are no member images of Bellissima yet. Why not be the first?