Twilight Woods (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseBath and Body Works
Parent CompanyLimited Brands > Intimate Brands

About Twilight Woods

Twilight Woods is a feminine perfume by Bath and Body Works. The scent was launched in 2009

Twilight Woods fragrance notes

Reviews of Twilight Woods

Twilight Woods has a dewy quality - the fruity notes & musk here make it evocative of a wet forest, yet there's a creaminess to it, too, which gives it that warm & cozy vibe. The coconut and orange notes lend an exotic kick. It feels like every note has a particular role to fill, and together they form a scent very appropriate for its name. One of the better offerings from B&BW!
13th June, 2016
The first thing to say about this fragrance is that its name is totally misleading. I find nothing "dark" or "shadowy" about this fragrance, and I find no "woods" whatsoever in this fragrance.

This review is for the body spray layered with the shower gel and body creme/lotion.

The listed Notes are as follow:

Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Coconut, Wild Berries.

Heart Notes: Honeysuckle, Freesia, Frangipani, Mimosa, and Apricot.

Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Orris Root, Agar Wood, and Woodsy Notes.

Of the listed notes, I definitely perceive coconut, honeysuckle, (dark) berries, a bit of mimosa, and a bit of apricot. In the deep dry down, I get hints of musk and vanilla but no woods. I am unfamiliar with agar wood (oud), so I cannot say if I can smell it or not, but I would say I do not feel as though I can perceive any "woodsy" notes in Twilight Woods.

Twilight Woods is a nice fragrance. It sweet and fruity in a nice way. It is not cloying or syrupy. The scent is cuddly, and I think it is a fragrance that can easily be worn year round. It is not amongst my top three B&BW's fragrances, but I do like it quite well, and I find that on certain days and for certain circumstances, it is highly apropos. Anyone who likes coconut, honeysuckle, and dark berries would probably like Twilight Woods. It borders on the gourmand but never becomes so "foodie" to my nose that it feels edible.

Any time I purchase from B&BWs, I purchase the complete set of a fragrance, i.e. body spray with matching shower gel, body creme, and lotion. (I also purchase the EdT's on my three favourites: Sensual Amber; Cashmere Glow; and, Dark Kiss.)

Layering the shower gel and body creme/lotion with the body spray easily gives me 12 to 14 hours longevity which is better than my significantly more expensive fragrances including my Guerlains, Diors, and Chanels. If your skin and scalp lean toward the oily end of the spectrum, try using the shower gels as shampoos. The oil in your scalp will really lock in the fragrance and add to your overall fragrance projection, sillage, and longevity.

Overall Fragrance: 7/10

Projection: 9/10 for the first hour lessening somewhat thereafter.

Sillage: 91/0 for the first hour and lessening somewhat thereafter.

Longevity: 10/10 if layered with matching products; otherwise, 7/10 if liberally applied, which is still pretty darn good for a body spray.

Please just remember that Twilight Woods does not smell "woody," at least not to my nose.
30th April, 2016
There is just something about this fragrance. I absolutely love it. I do get the fruity sweetness out of bottle, but it fades to something quite nice and powdery musk on me. One of my favorites for sure.
27th November, 2015
Between Moonlight Path and this one, I have to say that "Twilight Woods" is actually the one I prefer, although obviously I like both.
The version of the scent that I own and that I am wearing right now is actually the feminine version. Unfortunately, I'm not as familiar with the masculine version of this fragrance, so I can't really comment on that one, and my review is really only going to focus on the feminine scent.
First of all, I need to point out that the name of this fragrance is a little bit misleading, since it's actually really not a very woody, green, dark or masculine scent. "Moonlight Path" is a little bit herbal green, dark and unisex but this one really, really isn't. It's a completely different perfume family altogether. "Twilight Woods" for women is actually a warm, sweet, vanilla-based and slightly fruity gourmand-oriental scent. Overall, it smells like sweet, vanilla-scented cream with just a touch of apricot jam thrown in. Obviously, it has a bit of a woody base too, but wood notes are not really dominant in this scent. It's like very sweet, perfumed wood, like what you would find in a potpourri, although this is more like a potpourri you could eat. :) It's definitely a very delicious-smelling fragrance! What it actually makes me think of the most is having afternoon tea in a fancy tea-house, and eating scones served with rich Devonshire cream and jam and fancy tea cakes and pastries. Yum! :) It's really not like a forest at all though, although it could definitely be a sexy evening perfume! I love wearing it all the time though. Like "Hypnotic Poison", this is a scent that actually just gives me positive, good vibes and makes me feel happy all day! This scent, in the lotion or cream, is maybe a bit much for me, but I absolutely adore the body mist and spritz it on liberally! Unfortunately, I think they may have discontinued this one from stores, but it should still be available on the Bath and Body Works website. Definitely try this one if you haven't already if you're a fan of vanilla perfumes and sweet gourmand scents in general. I don't think you'll be disappointed! :)
02nd November, 2015
I love this perfume and apparently so does most of my town as it is normally sold out! A very warm and lingering scent that brings to mind snowy nights spent by the fire. I've tried the body lotions and shower gel as well and found they also had good staying power! very warm and very sexy!
25th August, 2012
Essentially this is a fruity vanilla musk scent .I get a almost citrus-citrus+apricot ? blended with vanilla and possibly some toasted coconut.It probably does have -some-faux sandalwood in the mix as it does have a certain "thickness " to the composition.Twilight Woods is definitely at home in the dessert/gourmand scent family.
I have the lotion and a body mist. As I recall the EDT smells pretty much the same as the lotion .The body mist is much less concentrated in scent,the lotion much truer to the scent.
As far as longevity goes the lotion seems to last at least 5-7 hrs on skin layered with the body spray .The spray will last on clothes much longer 12-24 hrs.
10th August, 2011

Add your review of Twilight Woods

Shop for Twilight Woods products online

Search Amazon for Twilight Woods

Member images of Twilight Woods

There are no member images of Twilight Woods yet. Why not be the first?