Tiare (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseOrmonde Jayne
PerfumerLinda Pilkington

About Tiare

Tiare is a feminine perfume by Ormonde Jayne. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Linda Pilkington

Tiare fragrance notes

Reviews of Tiare

This is one of my favourites and always makes me feel confident and carefree (but adult at the same time).

I fell for it from a review - I'd been googling Cristalle smell alikes as it was getting more difficult to find the EdT, and this came up. I emailed asking for a sample and was hooked! I've gone through a bottle and a half since..

I reckon the green and citrus freshness is very close to my mental prototype of perfume and I never tire of it, winter or summer. I wear this when I want to feel grown up and capable, and really for the sheer pleasure of the smell! I think my love for these sharp/dry scents comes from my youth - my parents had French friends whose kids were teenagers when I was around 8 or 9 and I was very impressed by the crisp white shirts, suntans, cigarette smoke, and citrus smell they brought to our late 70s Irish household. Odd that the encapsulation of that mood comes from a British firm (OK it was Cristalle EdT that got me first!)
Oddly enough, I've never felt that Tiaré was so close to Cristalle that it wasn't necessary and happily wear both, but Tiaré definitely has the edge on longevity.
11th May, 2017
White flowers and aldehydes drenched in dark, mossy greens. This reminds me of ADP's Iris Nobile, but with the uplifting, beautiful orange blossom and neroli snuffed out with dank patchouli and dark green moss. Conversely, this also calls to minds Tom Ford's Moss Breches, but somehow depressing instead of lively. If Iris Nobile is a jubilant bride, then Tiare is one of those bitter aging starlets in an old movie, locked in a decaying mansion, which makes Tiare rather brilliant as an art piece, but I'm just not really enjoying wearing it very much. Quality, but off-putting with its aggressive dank.
01st November, 2015
Wow. Just wow.

On skin this smells as if you've been soaking yourself in a tub full of crushed flowers - petals, stems, leaves and all. Fresh, floral, very green. Very elegant in style, even sophisticated.

I concur with earlier reviews that TIARE is not a true chypre without the leathery labdanum and prominent oakmoss to support it but with its mossy-musky base it certainly feels classically-inspired.

As a man I'd have absolutely no problems wearing this quality green floral. But try not to ask me what I've got on.
06th September, 2015
cacio Show all reviews
A green chypre in the classical style. Green, deep, rich, but very natural smelling and luminous. Citruses, light flowers over a nouveau chypre base. Compared to, say, Cristalle, it is less haughty and more floral. It feels richer and more complex, but at the same time fresher and more relaxed. Great longevity, and perfect for men too. As perfume critic Luca Turin argued, this is one of the few deep, rich, classical perfumes composed in recent years, what the big brands ought to be doing if they were not too busy with disinfectants for men or syrups for women.

A word of caution: I have never smelled the tiare flower, so I cannot comment on the faithfulness of the scent to the flower. But if the flower is similar to gardenias (as, for instance, in Manoumalia), this is not it. There's nothing stereotypically tropical here, we're firmly in the XVI arrondissement, or, perhaps, among XVI arrondissement Parisians who have loosened up a bit after a London stay.

cacio
20th July, 2012
First sniff, and this smells like an ice cube sounds when it cracks upon meeting water. Tiare is poised between the crisp verdancy of Cristalle and the armpit muskiness of Edmond Roudnitska's Diorella, while its floral core is akin to Dominique Ropion's Carnal Flower for its no-expense-spared attitude to materials (note the oiliness of Pilkington's scents on your skin). However I'd recommend Tiare as more generous than either its Chanel or Dior forebears, straddling influences of the citrus (mandarin, lime), floral (freesia, water lillies, ylang-ylang), green (vetiver), and chypre (moss), and all headed for the usual Ormonde woody diminuendo.

Luminous, quenching, and entirely unfussy despite its classical heritage.
15th May, 2011
Thanks to Baykat - I am trying Tiare. :)
As a fragrance Tiare is quite lovely and wearable - quite a bold ,modern type chypre, bright with citrussy notes and I get a whole symphony of flowers as it unfolds.

BUT for gardenia / tiare lovers this is disappointing. It's nowhere near gardenia or wonderful rich and creamy tiare. It is highly 'perfumey' on my skin .
Dare I say this smells like a strong perfume from the 80s ??? For tiare I guess I will stick to Monoi Oil !
03rd May, 2010

Add your review of Tiare

Shop for Tiare products online

Search Amazon for Tiare

Member images of Tiare

There are no member images of Tiare yet. Why not be the first?