Back to Black (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseBy Kilian
PerfumerCalice Asancheyev-Becker

About Back to Black

Back to Black is a shared / unisex perfume by By Kilian. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Calice Asancheyev-Becker

Back to Black fragrance notes

Reviews of Back to Black

Salutation.
A truly opulent scent that portrays wealth and class. BACK to BLACK BY KILIAN is one of the most expensive in my collection. however i am not a big fan of unisex fragrnces but i couldent disregard this one as I am absolutely enamored with tobacco& honey and vanilla scents.It makes you seem more mature.this perfume is what you wear when you want the ambiguity of your age to enhance your sensuality. Classy, Glamorous, Luxurious,Seductive,Expensive,Warm and Sweet but not in a cloying way.

The fragrance has combintion of sweet blast of cardamom,white honey mix with saffron and raspberry, perfectly blanced and just the right strength,making way for a sensual,classy and comforting base composed of amber,vanilla, tobacco and patchouli as i feel like a million bucks when I wear it.it reminds me a wealthy and dandy man who walk in a salon with a exquisite pipe in his hand.BACK to BLACK BY KILIAN is intimate stuff best reserved to be shared with your loved one.perfect for autumn and winter evening.women will pry the bottle from your hands,so take care!

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

7.5/10
02nd June, 2015
solid sillage and duration... a bit linear but never cloying, rather linear...but one of the best outings from this house!
21st April, 2015
Tried this as a sample of some of the Kilian line. Where's the bergamot? I also like honey but I don't want to wear it. This is making me nauseous.
10th April, 2015

Several different notes come across in the opening… It’s a little citrusy and a bit spicier, and it has a definite raspberry aura. It is aromatic, and there’s a strong element of sweet in the opening too, mainly because of the heart accord’s honey note. A little later I get just a touch of a high quality castoreum (or leather or birch tar) that is not strong enough to annoy me, but it is strong enough to keep the sweetness (and almost everything else) from reaching me. I get lots of patchouli. I don’t get the tobacco, the amber, the labdanum, the vanilla, or even the cedar, my nose is overwhelmed by the castoreum.

And that’s what I’m left with for the almost interminable remainder of the fragrance. I can recognize Back to Black as an excellent and dramatic fragrance, but the castoreum (or leather or birch tar) has neutralized all the drama for me and left me with a very expensive, high-quality fragrance that I can confidently call… “not annoying.” Its performance on my skin certainly isn’t that of an aphrodisiac as it boasts on the bottle’s label.
17th February, 2015
A pleasant honey/tobacco scent that doesn't justify neither its price nor the rave reviews it gets.
Don't get my wrong, I do enjoy this fragrance, but there a tons of fragrances that I do enjoy more and that cost a lot less. I'll rather use my money on something else.
Sillage is moderate and longevity is better than average.
16th February, 2015
Late last night i used it ,and when i came back to my home i sprayed it one more time before sleep.
Delicious, a lot of honey from beginning to end . Sweet tobacco (i cant discern exactly what kind of sweet tobacco ), and after smelling conscientiously some shy vanilla notes.
Although there are many sweet notes , i dont think it is one of those sweet fragrances like candies, the tobacco gives the balance.
The longevity for me is fine, 6 hours.Sillage : the people will not turn back to look for who is wearing Back to Black.
25th January, 2015 (last edited: 26th January, 2015)

Add your review of Back to Black

Shop for Back to Black products online

Shop for Back to Black at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Back to Black

Member images of Back to Black

There are no member images of Back to Black yet. Why not be the first?