Back to Black (2009)

Back to Black Fragrance notes

Bergamot, Chamomile, Vanilla

Shop for Back to Black products online

Reviews of Back to Black

Showing 1 to 6 of 57 reviews.

Triceptive's avatar
    Triceptive

Smells like baby powder and lavender. That's all I get. Nothing special.

19 February, 2014

Sybaris's avatar
    Sybaris

I got leathery powdery cherry from the start, a pinch of honey in the middle and then some vanilla. In 3 hours "poof!" it was gone. It doesn't stink but I'm not a fan of leather notes masked by anything.

18 February, 2014

gimmegreen's avatar
    gimmegreen
    Netherlands Netherlands

The kind of tiresome sweetiepie scent that is steadily plumping out the offerings of niche houses – little wonder as people seem to enjoy them. Back to Black is mushed up, a honey smoothie – if that’s your idea of olfactory bliss you’re welcome to it, but I prefer my perfumes with a bit more variegation. Sure there are a bunch of ingredients in there – one gets sourish fruity tones, a restrained tobacco bringing up the rear, a little vanilla – but they’re timid compared to the honey which itself seems pretty standard issue. Thankfully not loud.

13 February, 2014

Steve Seyboth's avatar
    Steve Seyboth
    England England

I don't normally go for sweet smelling fragrances so thought I'd give this one a try after being recommended it. Although I first thought it was very good despite the very strong honey notes, for me it doesn't develop into much else. Having worn it for a day, I still smell honey mixed with vanilla. It may be ok worn with something heavier but I won't be buying a bottle anytime soon.

11th February, 2014

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

A bunch of petals sinking in a lake of honey. With someone smoking in the background. I admit I do not get most of "purely sweet" fragrances, as they always remind me those teenager cheap fragrances I used to smell on my schoolmates - this one is not an exception.

28 January, 2014 (Last Edited: 05 April, 2014)

bFlay's avatar
    bFlay

Very warm vanilla opening that is moist, not smoky. Reminiscent of chamomile tea with milk and honey. Unfortunately, that honey comes to the fore after an hour or so of wear and overwhelms with cloying sweetness. Develops very feminine qualities then fades within 3 hours. Back to Black is pleasant enough and inoffensive for most company.

07 December, 2013