APOM pour Homme (2009)

Year of Launch2009

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About APOM pour Homme

APOM pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

APOM pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of APOM pour Homme

rbaker Show all reviews
A deep floral opening, mainly a strong ylang-ylang is the central accord, initially with a brief orange blossom that is unusually deep and very fleeing only. Further in the drydown a gently spicy note develops that never overwhelms the ylang-ylang, but becomes a distinct sidekick of the floral core. For some moments hints of cardamom, a smidgeon of opoponax and later of orris are fleetingly greeting me.

Then an ambery impression is introducing itself. This Amber is halfway between dark and bright, and smooth - I dont't get any sharpness or edge in it. As an amber it is a bit on the unexciting side

The wood note has a cedar touch, but is not a distinguished or strong or typical version of this species; I do not get any cigar box aroma at all. This is again a somewhat uninspiring cedar impression.

The sillage is moderate, the projection very good, and the longevity is an enormous fourteen hours.

On the on hand this scent for cooler spring days is a bit unexciting, but on the other hand at some stage there is a nice array of contrasting elements that are well blended whilst maintaining good structure. Furthermore, the splendid longevity as well as the good quality of the ingredients elevate this creation into the realm of a positive score. 3.25/5.
28th July, 2016
I am quite amazed with the sillage for such type of a perfume - really long lasting with good projection!
14th June, 2016
As a woman who finds the differentiation between "masculine" and "feminine" scents meaningless (except that I seem to gravitate toward many scents traditionally thought of as men's), and as someone who really enjoys orange blossom and amber, I expected to like Apom. And like it I do. It's a really skillful, pleasant combination of just a few notes: there's a softness or powderiness under the citrusy opening, but it's not a really multi-dimensional scent; it tends to lay kind of "flat" on the skin, if that makes sense. (I don't know how else to describe it.) But still, I'm enjoying it, though perhaps not as much as some of the other FK scents I've tried. It's a nice thing to wear when I don't want a fragrance with a message. But it's strong, and I'm not into big sillage, so I'm going to stick to one spray from now on.
06th January, 2016
Don't like it.
Very little orange blossom (a note I like).
Too much ylang-ylang (a note I don't like) and amber (which I also don't like).
Starts with a very spicy, peppery powder note. If there is orange blossom here I've missed it entirely. Powerful, assertive. Wood is background.
Don't over-apply this. Even one spritz and I find it quickly becomes loud, thin, metallic and unpleasant. You could be become the "elevator guy" with too much of this.
Hints of vanilla -- bleh.
Ylang-ylang here is sweet, a syrupy floral. Meh.
Scrubbed it off.
29th June, 2015
APOM by Francis Kurkdjian is a true masterpiece! I decided to wear it yesterday (Sunday)and I am so glad I did. The opening is a beautiful orange citrus blast that just knocked me off my feet. So elegant, refined and masculine. If you really like "orange notes" this is THE fragrance to buy. It is "sunshine" in a bottle. It lasts and lasts, I got many compliments. Worth every single penny. Thank you Francis Kurkdjian for creating this beautiful composition.
23rd February, 2015
Orange blossom gem. Unisex IMO. Light cedar with a few light spices. 8.5/10
08th June, 2014

Add your review of APOM pour Homme

Shop for APOM pour Homme products online

Search Amazon for APOM pour Homme

Member images of APOM pour Homme

There are no member images of APOM pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?