Lumière Noire pour Homme (2009)
by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Lumière Noire pour Homme information

Year of Launch2009

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Lumière Noire pour Homme

Lumière Noire pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Lumière Noire pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Lumière Noire pour Homme

When I first tried this on paper at a store - it was a gorgeous rose accord, bright and airy, radiant, and hints of woods. Once I received a sample a few months later, it was quite different: a dull, airy, accord of woods with hints of rose. There is hardly any patchouli, and a prevailing mustiness. The mustiness subsides after a while, with the rose becoming a bit more prominent with some added hint of spices. One spots the vaguest traces of cardamom and cumin. Thereafter it soon subsides into an insubstantial dry down. Additionally it is thin, weak, and overall - nondescript. Anyone curious about this should consider Cartier's Declaration d'Un Soir as a better alternative - or even, perhaps, Domenico Caraceni 1913. Or better still, step out a bit more and consider the absolutely superb Eau de Protection / Rossy de Palma by Etat Libre d'Orange.

06th February, 2017
LNpH is the second fragrance I have sampled from MFK, and like Masculine Pluriel, it's immediately going on my wish list and is a certain future purchase.

The note pyramid says "spiced rose" but it ought to say "sweet" or "candied" as the rose note has a significant amount of sugary aspect, especially in the first hour. I was worried that this one was going to come off a little feminine, but I believe it is perfectly masculine. In fact, LNpH may be one of the nicest wearing masculine florals I have experienced. As it dries the patchouli begins to come forward, but it remains rose centric with no dirty or harsh elements. There's some other obscure spices in support, but all are smooth and clean feeling.

Although an EDP the sillage is relatively tame but the longevity is excellent, going well into the evening from three sprays. A good all season fragrance, with the rose note being very versatile. I can see wearing this to the office often.

Big thumbs up for this one.
28th December, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening combines a spicy rose with citrus-orangey background that gives the rose a somewhat fresh entrée. The rose is gently spicy, with the spiciness being gentle; more with with light elegance than with heavy darkness. Interestingly, although a distinctly floral entity, the rose is not really sweet on my skin.

The development showcases a number of permutations of the rose theme, adding whiffs of cinnamon, later cumin and at times ambery whiffs, all contributing to the spicy side to various degrees. Herbal undertones come and go, and eventually the spicy rose is slowly fading away.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and eight hours of longevity, with the last couple of hours being close to my skin.

A spring rose with gentle spice, neither heavy nor ceremonial; a rose for those otherwise not inclined to like floral scents. 3.25/5.
03rd August, 2016
A high watermark of male perfumery. There is no need for me to add to some of the brilliant detail reviews below, just wanted to express my love for this brilliant fragrance that makes rose so right for men.
28th March, 2016 (last edited: 11th April, 2016)
Lumiere Noire Pour Homme is first I've tried of Maison Francis Kurkdjian and it definitely does not disappoint. It does more to intrigue me than it does to thrill me but sometimes that can be a very good thing. At the core of the fragrance is a very hearty rose (it smells like a few different types of roses, in fact) and pretty much all of the other notes take a back seat to it. In fact, I might detect a little bit of the cinnamon but hardly anything non-rose at all.

LNPH comes off as a semi-fresh rose that is slightly sweet and slightly dark but not remotely a gourmand. It comes off as natural and with a lot of depth---each smell reveals a lot. Despite the spicy and earthy note list, it doesn't come off very much as either.

As some other reviewers have pointed out, LNPH comes off wholly unisex, not being specifically masculine or feminine in any particular respect. I enjoy it on my skin but it could work just as well on women's. It's also versatile with respect to use, though it probably leans formal rather than casual, and definitely it works for both cold and warm weather scenarios.

Great on projection and longevity for an EDT, this is certainly a promising introduction to the line as far as value, as well as the abovementioned craftsmanship.

I'm not sure I'd opt for a bottle of this because there are other roses that I prefer, and that work a little bit better on my skin as a man, but I'm certainly intrigued and will come back to this. A deep and fascinating composition.

7 out of 10
11th November, 2015
The first thing I smell is a combination of cumin and cinnamon – a rather unusual combination that I would have a difficult time getting used to if it remained for very long, but no problem there. Then the Artemisia enters in along with the patchouli and the accord becomes downright enjoyable: and this turns out to be primary accord.

Five notes – cumin, artemisia, rose, cinnamon, and patchouli – dominate an accord that holds elements of each in an excellent balance. To me one of the sides of the aromatic pentagon is lesser that the other four – I find the rose side lacking in intensity, it is hit and miss in performance on my skin. The other four form a shimmering interplay that unfortunately doesn’t last very long.

The projection of the middle accord is a little shallow and the fragrance has longevity problems: Lumiere Noire PH simply doesn’t last very long before it’s a skin scent which lasts a couple of hours. It is an intriguing accord… translucent, warm, sensual, and a bit mysterious. It is the thumbs-up kind of aroma I would be able to enjoy over an extended period… too bad its longevity is so it's a neutral for me.
28th August, 2015

Add your review of Lumière Noire pour Homme

Shop for Lumière Noire pour Homme products online

Search Amazon for Lumière Noire pour Homme

Member images of Lumière Noire pour Homme

There are no member images of Lumière Noire pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?

Lumière Noire pour Homme News