Cologne pour le Soir (2009)
by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Cologne pour le Soir information

Year of Launch2009

HouseMaison Francis Kurkdjian
PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian

About Cologne pour le Soir

Cologne pour le Soir is a shared / unisex perfume by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The scent was launched in 2009 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian

Cologne pour le Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Cologne pour le Soir

Not impressed at all, I used to have a cheap rose candle that somehow got stuffed in a closed for 10 years. Upon re-finding it, it smelled like this. Mostly wax, hint of rose. I LOVE benzoin and was excited to see that this had benzoin in it, but alas, I don't smell it, maybe a hint of warm medicinal but it's fleeting. Not noxious, probably should have given it a neutral, but its $215 price tag kicked it down to a negative.
13th May, 2017
Dr. Z. Show all reviews
Greetings...

Not much to say that hasn't already been said...
As of now, this ( and it's big sister in the EDP version) with perhaps Xerjoffs Mamluk are my most cherished honey based fragrances. With the latter being more (significantly more) powerful. Which... In this case isn't such a bad idea.

Nah. Retract that last thought.. It's all me with this one. Your welcome to join me but I'm ok if ya don't.

As I mentioned I own both this and the EDP version and the slight animalic nature that sits backstage here... is more pronounced in the EDP version, for those requiring more lust.

There's a wonderful sense of balance and completion in this beauty that is not a common thing when playing with fire. Luxurious. Sensual. Yet it relaxes the senses which can seem like a paradox.

Breathe it.

Breathe it again, but don't force it to become something it's not.
This is for mature audiences that aren't likely to retreat. Standing is the only option.
There are no chairs in the room but don't assume it's empty either.

You are there.... And that's enough.

The opening- it dazzles me with that honey/rose that's been around the block a few times ( wink wink).

When it settles in your only subconsciously aware that your smitten. There's no retreat. It owns you and not you it... as it slips out of sight.
But not soon as 8-10 hours is not uncommon.

Your never quite (at least for me) ready for this when it arrives with all it's splendor.
Looking at the pyramid makes no sense here ( when does it?)

Just imagine it and wallah!
Incense.
Skank.
Rose.
Warm honey.
Some booze? What the heck.. Sure.
The blending? Not a flaw.

It's somewhat an enigma as it's both gentile/soft and luxurious. Yet you sense this beast in there... somewhere.
Lurking quietly and your taste for lust just makes it retreat even more.
Leaving you at its mercy.
Helplessly I try to ignore my wanting but alas ... Fail.

Cologne pour le Soir.... You win.

I'm glad

Ciao
17th August, 2016
rbaker Show all reviews
The combination of benzoin and a light leathery whiff is pairing a certain brightness with substance, and the letter is enhanced in the drydown by the addition of light ambery undertone. Later on a pleasant incense is added, which is gently spicy and never cloying or heavy. At times a light rose hint is present towards the latter stages of this creation's development.

The sillage is moderate, the projection very good and the longevity outstanding - eleven hour on my skin.

This autumnal honeyed spicy fragrance is nice and never heavy- just the right measure, albeit not super-original. The blending is very well done. 3.25/5
02nd August, 2016
Soft, sensuous and sweet. Spiced honey and rose with a hint of animalic carnality. It's a gourmand for adults... Like a dessert with liqueur. Delicious with good longevity and (luckily) very close sillage. Recommended for those with a bent for dark oriental fragrances with a hint of skank!
25th August, 2015
Cologne pour le Soir has a feel that reminds me of the MiN New York scents I have sampled.

I see it as a playful experiment. It's powdery.

This has started me off on a bad foot with Maison Francis Kurkdjian (MFK).
28th May, 2015

Intriguing scent – unique. Apparently it’s a skin-scent variation on the cologne concept. And instead of citrus and fresh green, it builds itself around incense absolute, benzoin, honey and rose – obviously it is an evening scent. I was thrown off-track with the first spray when for a couple of seconds it reminded me of an ‘80s powerhouse but then it settled down in a minute or two to the subtle incense absolute which smelled like an incense odor that doesn’t have a resinous emanation. By five or ten minutes into it, Cologne pour le Soir had settled into its skin scent persona, and stayed there for an two or three hours: It is a gentle infusion of benzoin, rose, and incense; it is airy and stays close to the skin; and every once in a while I think I smell a bit of civet or indoles floating off the skin. Maison Francis Kurkdjian’s Cologne pour le Soir is sophisticated, subtle and incredibly sensual.
24th March, 2014

Add your review of Cologne pour le Soir

Shop for Cologne pour le Soir products online

Search Amazon for Cologne pour le Soir

Member images of Cologne pour le Soir

There are no member images of Cologne pour le Soir yet. Why not be the first?

Cologne pour le Soir News