L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche (2006)
by Issey Miyake

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche information

Year of Launch2006

HouseIssey Miyake
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche is a masculine fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2006

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche

So far I have yet to find an Issey scent that I do not like. Very clean mint and slightly sharp herbal blast to start and becomes smoother as it drys. I find it a lighter version of the original Issey Bleue flanker. For the quality and price it is a great scent for the spring and summer. Enjoy.
01st April, 2016
This scent has intrigued me since the first time I smelled it at a perfume store. The saleswoman wanted to show me other fragrances (more interesting ones in her opinion) and sprayed L'Eau Bleau D'Issey Eau Fraiche in the air, looking absolutely bored. Well, I have to agree with her that it really seems to be a generic, repetitive and boring perfume... especially at a first glance.

But, I use to see things more deeply and... what intrigued me most is the fact that my interest was born in the absence, because a blast of fresh and bitter bergamot was everything I could have and it disappeared in less than ten seconds without any apparent trace.

No apparent trace? Well, it was exactly this missing trail that made me want to test the fragrance on my skin, so as to confirm its nonexistence.

But then, on my skin, something else was revealed: a subtle composition, so clean and light that I questioned whether its presence existed only in my mind. The smiling aroma of rosemary mingled with the bitter freshness of bergamot, in a quick and slippery evolution that I had no time to perceive the mint.

Floral notes tried to emerge and suddenly gave up the intention, perhaps due to some shyness in the face of patchouli's expressiveness. A clean, linear, creamy patchouli that owes its consistency and weight to the synthetic musk.

Now, you must know that all this affluence was not observed easily. Do not try to understand this fragrance in winter, because it only fully reveals itself at higher temperatures, above 30°C, also being favored by high humidity. Only then I could be seduced by the captivating harmony between rosemary, patchouli and musk.

It is beautiful, and I want this accord in a more intense and long lasting way!
But, can I have it? Will it spoil the harmony?
Some scents exist only in thin air.
You, by my side, can you feel it?
I know how it feels, but maybe it is all in my mind.

Sound track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0p7jQnKqg
21st September, 2014
Genre: Citrus

As a flanker to a scent I’ve never cared for to begin with, I didn’t entertain high hopes for L’Eau Bleue; especially given the “Eau Fraîche” label, which to me translates as either “extra-crude/chemical” or “diluted.” The top notes do nothing to raise my expectations, unadulterated essence of isopropyl alcohol that they are.

What a pleasant surprise, then, when the scent’s core turns out to be a comparatively natural-smelling, soft citrus and herbaceous-woody arrangement, with only a dab of the expected aquatic aromachemicals and a pleasantly understated dried culinary herb (oregano? sage?) note. It’s altogether more pleasant and interesting than it might have been, but I have to concur with previous statements regarding longevity and strength: both are limited. The drydown leans on cedar and clean musk, but the aquatic note is also more exposed and conspicuous, to detrimental effect.

Altogether a pleasant surprise, but a few steps short of firing my enthusiasm.
19th June, 2014
Me-likey Miyake !

A simple but distinguished spring/summer scent that's best for any daytime dress shirt occassion, imo. A cool, astringent, bergamot peel in mint-oil accord hits me in the Opening; establishing a "mature" herbal aromatic character. (By "mature" I simply mean more reserved than energetic in style.)

As the scent developes... A calm and reassuring skin-musk warms up to my body temperature... and blends everything seamlessly to my skin. This is where "Bleu Fraiche" really shines. The musk diffuses rosemary and bergamot, to undermine the severity of the bitter elements with a delicate citrus/floral tint. An understated and intimate "heart". It comes across gentlemanly, without beng uptight.

I get a smooth, airy, close to body sillage for 5+ hours on my skin. Pretty good preformance for a light, translucent scent. To say that "Bleu Fraiche" is simply "L'eau Bleu" without the spiciness and "body" (although true), would be doing it injustice. It has enough character of it's own to stand shoulder to shoulder with popular office-friendly scents like Bvlgari pour homme extreme, for example. There is one caution! This scent may work against those who have strong "scent-memory" of Vicks vapor rub, or a mentholated ointment -at least in the opening. I initially got that vibe myself to be honest. But fortunately... that disappears for me after the scent develops.

A "must try" for those who like Issey Miyake scents. Very Good.
26th May, 2014 (last edited: 25th August, 2016)
Balanced smell of rosemary with a bit of lemons and mint.
As other said, it's really a watered down version of L'eau Bleue. Actually a good version, great for summer. Sillage, lasting power and projection are medium.
30th December, 2012 (last edited: 02nd March, 2013)
I prefer the non-light version of this, but this works well in heat, maybe better. Minty fresh with some herbs and spice but overall somewhat lo-key once you are wearing it. I find it works best applied directly to the skin, though it is fine on clothing too.
15th August, 2012

Add your review of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche

Shop for L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche products online

Search Amazon for L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche

Member images of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche

There are no member images of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche yet. Why not be the first?