L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraîche (2006)
    by Issey Miyake

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 31 ratings

L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraîche Fragrance notes

Rosemary, Bergamot, Mint, Musk, Patchouli

L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraîche information

L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraîche is a men's fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2006

Shop for L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraîche products online

125ml EdT
    125ml EdT
    75ml EdT
    $46.53*
    75ml EdT
    (*converted from GBP 29.75)

Reviews of L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraîche

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.

physalis's avatar

Brazil Brazil

This scent has intrigued me since the first time I smelled it at a perfume store. The saleswoman wanted to show me other fragrances (more interesting ones in her opinion) and sprayed L'Eau Bleau D'Issey Eau Fraiche in the air, looking absolutely bored. Well, I have to agree with her that it really seems to be a generic, repetitive and boring perfume... especially at a first glance.

But, I use to see things more deeply and... what intrigued me most is the fact that my interest was born in the absence, because a blast of fresh and bitter bergamot was everything I could have and it disappeared in less than ten seconds without any apparent trace.

No apparent trace? Well, it was exactly this missing trail that made me want to test the fragrance on my skin, so as to confirm its nonexistence.

But then, on my skin, something else was revealed: a subtle composition, so clean and light that I questioned whether its presence existed only in my mind. The smiling aroma of rosemary mingled with the bitter freshness of bergamot, in a quick and slippery evolution that I had no time to perceive the mint.

Floral notes tried to emerge and suddenly gave up the intention, perhaps due to some shyness in the face of patchouli's expressiveness. A clean, linear, creamy patchouli that owes its consistency and weight to the synthetic musk.

Now, you must know that all this affluence was not observed easily. Do not try to understand this fragrance in winter, because it only fully reveals itself at higher temperatures, above 30°C, also being favored by high humidity. Only then I could be seduced by the captivating harmony between rosemary, patchouli and musk.

It is beautiful, and I want this accord in a more intense and long lasting way!
    But, can I have it? Will it spoil the harmony?
    Some scents exist only in thin air.
    You, by my side, can you feel it?
    I know how it feels, but maybe it is all in my mind.

Sound track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0p7jQnKqg

21st September, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Citrus

As a flanker to a scent I’ve never cared for to begin with, I didn’t entertain high hopes for L’Eau Bleue; especially given the “Eau Fraîche” label, which to me translates as either “extra-crude/chemical” or “diluted.” The top notes do nothing to raise my expectations, unadulterated essence of isopropyl alcohol that they are.

What a pleasant surprise, then, when the scent’s core turns out to be a comparatively natural-smelling, soft citrus and herbaceous-woody arrangement, with only a dab of the expected aquatic aromachemicals and a pleasantly understated dried culinary herb (oregano? sage?) note. It’s altogether more pleasant and interesting than it might have been, but I have to concur with previous statements regarding longevity and strength: both are limited. The drydown leans on cedar and clean musk, but the aquatic note is also more exposed and conspicuous, to detrimental effect.

Altogether a pleasant surprise, but a few steps short of firing my enthusiasm.

19th June, 2014

teadot's avatar

Me-likey Miyake !

A rather natural-smelling spring/summer scent that's best for any daytime dress shirt occassion, imo. An astringent and cooling (bergamot peel in mint-oil) combination hits you first. With a "mature" (by that I just mean more reserved than energetic), herbal character.

As the scent developes... A calm and reassuring skin-musk warms up to your body temperature... and blends everything seamlessly into you. This is where "Bleu Fraiche" really shines. The musk diffuses rosemary and bergamot... To undermine the severity of the bitter elements, with a delicate fruity/floral tint. An understated and quietly intimate "heart": Gentlemanly, without beng uptight.

I get a smooth, airy, close to body sillage, for 5+ hours on my skin. Pretty good preformance for a light scent. I like this... mainly because this flanker holds it's own - in being more than just L'eau Bleu without the spiciness and "body" (which although it is). But it's blended with enough finesse to easily give other classy office-friendly scents (like Bvlgari pour homme for example), a run for their money. There is one caution! This scent may work against those who have strong "scent-memories" of Vicks vapor rub, or a naturopathic ointment (lol). I initially got that vibe myself, to be honest. But, fortunately... that disappeared for me after the scent develops.

A "must try" for anyone who likes Issey Miyaki scents, but not recommended as a blind buy. Very Good.

26th May, 2014 (Last Edited: 15th October, 2014)

's avatar

Balanced smell of rosemary with a bit of lemons and mint.
    As other said, it's really a watered down version of L'eau Bleue. Actually a good version, great for summer. Sillage, lasting power and projection are medium.

30th December, 2012 (Last Edited: 02nd March, 2013)

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

I prefer the non-light version of this, but this works well in heat, maybe better. Minty fresh with some herbs and spice but overall somewhat lo-key once you are wearing it. I find it works best applied directly to the skin, though it is fine on clothing too.

15th August, 2012

odysseusm's avatar

Light, herbal-minty. An improvement over L'eau bleue pour homme, for a while.
    Somewhat lightweight and inoffensive. Clean, fresh, refreshing. Harmless, until it dries down to the same odd, metallic-synthetic vibe as L'eau Bleue ph. Then I say "I'm outta here."

03rd March, 2011

Add your review of L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraîche

Search for on eBay United States

Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche 2.5 oz NEW IN BOX
    • Time Left: 27 days
    Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraiche 75 ml / 2.5oz
    • Time Left: 2 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    L'eau Bleue D'issey Eau Fraiche Issey Miyake 2.5 oz 75ml spray New In retail Box
    • Time Left:
    (Shipping from Canada)
    Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche 2.5 oz NEW IN BOX
    • Time Left:
    (Shipping from United States)
    Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraiche Eau De Toilette Spray(Limited Editi
    • Time Left: 23 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from Hong Kong)